My LS' Progress

very nice... go install and snap some pics, im dying to see what it looks like inside.....please

As requested, some quick photos:

DSC_2350.jpg

DSC_2352.jpg

you plan on / or has anyone ever converted the gray center panels on a second gen to black like a first? aesthetically i understand many may not like it, just wondering if its ever been done?

I took advantage of the above zero weather to wash down the LS and snap some better photos of my Plasti-Dip'd wheels. They are a little difficult to clean perfectly, so I recommend washing on a weekly basis to maintain the finish.

DSC_2370_s.jpg

DSC_2372_s.jpg

DSC_2373_s.jpg

DSC_2377_s.jpg

you plan on / or has anyone ever converted the gray center panels on a second gen to black like a first?
Not sure. I know of one ex-Gen I member who painted his silver actually. I'm not a fan of the gray.

looks good M4rk.

Thanks guy!

Car looks awesome!

New glass seems to be working excellent as well. Always love seeing your photos :)

Interior - much better than the last set up you had.

Exterior. That's some BMF sh*t right there.

Step 7 - iPod Interface

As per my email with PIE, I was told to purchase the FRDN/PC-POD2 adapter to use with my 2003 Stereo (black with red connectors).

This is the back of my stereo:

DSC_0437_s.jpg

I confirm that the interface WORKS. The iPod charges, playback turns off together with the stereo, and both stereo & radio controls work without any issues. :cool:

DSC_0452_s.jpg

There seems to be a fair deal of unclear information on here in regards to AUX iPod connections on the 2003s w/ in-dash 6-CD changers that lack a SAT button, so this should clear things up.
will the ipod interface work with a 2004 stereo, 6 disc in dash changer?

Added Trunk Lighting

Ordered a $3 flexible LED strip off eBay, from China. A month and one week later, it finally arrived.

DSC_2567_s.jpg

DSC_2571_s.jpg

DSC_2578_s.jpg

DSC_2574_s.jpg

The strip feels pretty solid, but lacks in brightness IMO. Can't complain for .99c . It's also 6000K in color, whereas my trunk light is 5000K, so they do not match at all :D

I need to order my trunk light bulb.

Will a small led array fit in there instead of a bulb??

Possibly. It depends on the size. I would go with a normal bulb IMO, whichever V-LEDS list as being the brightest. Even then, having one extra light on the left side would be great, as well as some lighting from above like I just added. It's hard to see in there otherwise.

Looks amazing as always Sir. If you get a chance I would love to see a "whole'' picture of the dash with the vinyl wrap installed.

Looks amazing as always Sir. If you get a chance I would love to see a "whole'' picture of the dash with the vinyl wrap installed.

Will do. Was about to rip it off but I'll take a photo first.

Looking real nice, I have enjoyed reading this thread front front to back and your baby has come a long way. SHARP!

I like the look with the black wheels. Your paint looks real nice, very impressed. Looks like pektel has a challenger

Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments :)

Looking sharp! What did you use to re-affix the read surround after you wrapped it?

Not sure I understand what you mean - I screwed it back in place. It's held in place by 5 bolts. There is no sealant or anything.

I love those wheels on your car. Are they from a T-bird?

Yep, stock T-Bird wheels. Same specs as 17" LS wheels. They look much better in black IMO.

Oh yeah? Just dont like it anymore?

I like the look, but it's coming off for a couple of reasons: First, I butchered the headlight switch piece as ideally you need 3M primer to properly adhere the vinyl on all the contours. I also made the glove box trim from two pieces of vinyl, which doesn't pass by my standards. Secondly, I do not have any vinyl left over to finish the remaining trim so it looks half-assed anyway. To be continued I guess..

I like the look with the black wheels. Your paint looks real nice, very impressed. Looks like pektel has a challenger

Thank you, sir. Believe me, I'm no competition to pektel. My paint is very swirled up with chips all over my front bumper, and some other minor scratches everywhere else. My clear coat is also failing on the rear bumper, around the trim pieces that come chrome on the V6 models. :(

Backup Camera

I got myself a Boyo VTL-375HD backup camera off eBay. It's the same one that Alax and Andrizzle use. I cant't be happier with my purchase. It's very high quality and well built. The lens is also wide-angle, which comes in handy. It's very hard to spot as well. I have it ghetto-rigged (for now) to a small 4" China TFT LCD in the center storage bin as I don't have a double-din HU, and I couldn't think of a better place to store the little monitor.

DSC_2895_s.jpg

Nice! Great purchase.

Pics of the monitor please

Members online

No members online now.
Back