My LS' Progress

@ M4rk,

Nicely progress'ed LS, but I think it's your camera that wins the price here really.
Fantastic work M4rk, really enjoyed reading this whole thread, pics are killer.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll try to get some pics of the LCD this weekend..

LCA Replacement

It's finally time to replace my driver side rear LCA - the ball joint type bushing wore out and started squeaking last year, which I temp fixed by injecting brake caliper grease into it. Now, a year later, it's back and much worse (popping, groaning), so it was time to finally replace it. Passenger side soon to come.

Made in the UK, LEMFORDER P/N 3063701 purchased through RockAuto (no one else in USA/Canada seems to sell these!) Took a week for them to ship!

DSC_2897_s.jpg

DSC_2901_s.jpg

Overall this was a straightforward process, nothing too difficult. Anyone with some basic tools, abilities and common sense can do this in their own garage.

The LEMFORDER arm seems to be much better built in terms of the bushings. They looks more robust and better engineered. I'll let pictures speak for themselves. Left: old; Right: new.

Old vs New
DSC_2902_s.jpg

Rear (ball-joint type) bushings: Old vs New
DSC_2904_s.jpg

Front bushings: Old vs New
DSC_2906_s.jpg

Old bad arm removed. Welcome to cancer city:
DSC_2917_s.jpg

All done:
DSC_2918_s.jpg

Any questions, just let me know :)

What type of difference did you notice in handling if any?

None in particular. Of course, the ride feels smoother but that's all in my head :D One thing is for certain; the rear-end noise it caused is gone, namely squeaks on dips and low speed creaks. I will be ordering the passenger side LCA tonight, which should solve the rear-end popping/clunking and creaking when the trunk is unloaded.

I was going to get these two years ago, but cheaped out - I've regretted it ever since. I actually wanted to get Borlas a few months back, but they were way too much IMO. I even had a hard time buying these over the Jones Full Boar mufflers, but no one seems to sell/know them in Canada. Luckily I found a Magnaflow dealer based in Ontario, with equivalent prices to eBay and free shipping, so it worked out OK in the end :D

Sigh... What a joke these shops are.

Shop #1: $125 to install 2 mufflers, keep tips, doesn't know how long it will take or if he can at all because its "complicated"
Shop #2: $260 to install
Shop #3: $250+ to install

Maybe I should just do it myself..

holy crap, I paid 240 for my cats welded in all new 2.25 pipe and my flowmasters welded back on to the new pipe.

Yeah, this is quite upsetting. What a f*cking ripoff. All of these shops don't think they can weld the Magnaflows straight in and want to custom fab the pipe all the way to the differential, hence the stupid costs.

It sucks to be a car enthusiast in this country unless you are loaded.

Yeah, this is quite upsetting. What a f*cking ripoff. All of these shops don't think they can weld the Magnaflows straight in and want to custom fab the pipe all the way to the differential, hence the stupid costs.

It sucks to be a car enthusiast in this country unless you are loaded.

well drive down here you can get it done at the shop i went to, although it may end up costing more with gas :)

Tony Starks was mentioning how you found a place to get mufflers from. Too bad you can't find a reasonable place to install. That's pathetic! Good luck on finding a place if you don't do it yourself.

Do it yourself with clamps I guess.

Those guy's are idiots. You cut one off, install the new one basically in the same place, might have to add a little more pipe to make it match correctly, but its very very very simple.

Well the area between the back of the muffler and the bend right before the pipe goes off around the diff is rather short, and might make it tough to keep the stock hanger (muffler has to sit more to the rear, can't use stock hanger position), so instead of making a custom hanger they are all resorting into custom fabbing some tubing to rip me off.

Gonna buy some clamps and whatnot tomorrow. We already have a cheapo welder so I'll pull it off :)

Mine went in with the stock hanger location, the flows and borla.

Good luck with installing yourself.

Mine went in with the stock hanger location, the flows and borla.

Good luck with installing yourself.

Stock hanger and no custom tubing, just a straight swap?

My 11225's went in with the stock hangers and in the same location. Paid $120 for the install.

Stock hanger and no custom tubing, just a straight swap?

Yup. Very straight forward. Its easier to swap out just mufflers than to build the whole exhaust with custom bends and all. I had my mangaflows cut out and replaced with bassani for 80 bucks.

SUCCESS! About $30 in parts (2 extension tubes, 2 clamps, extra cutting disks), $30 in beer for my dad's help and about 8h of work later, and they're both on! Very straightforward install. Cut and zip, over and out, no bull*hit. Glad I did it myself, learned something too. If only our cheapass welder wasn't so crappy. Big thanks to my dad, couldn't have done it without him!

I am gonna make a before/after video in about a week or two once they're a little broken in. Very happy with the sound so far. Should've been like this from the factory.

Thanks for the support guys!

$30 in beer? Musta been some good sh!t or you guys were plastered while doing the job! lol

Congrats, finally don't have to listen to you bitch about your damn exhaust anymore. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back