My LS' Progress

I got some of these a couple years ago and they definitely help. I only have 20% though, not sure how dark yours are Mlara

did you have to put resistors on the led reverse lights or can they just go in without em? ive done the rest of my car in led but was wanting to do the reverse lights. i just didnt want the slight "glow" without resistors if they are needed to be rid of that.

No glow at all. Mind you, my puddle lamps don't glow either. It might be an engineered feature of the VLEDS.

hummmm you got me thinking...I always need to pull my windows down when I back into my garage because of my dark as tint, even with the garage lights on. Wonder if this would help...

Looks good btw

Back up cam!!!!! Dont care how dark your tint is, you'll see clearly all day and night :cool:

No glow at all. Mind you, my puddle lamps don't glow either. It might be an engineered feature of the VLEDS.

They looks good. Nothing like a nice, crisp white light

Maybe the new ones dont, but my vled LED's for the puddles stayed lit so I had to put a resistor. I got mine maybe 2 years ago though, they could have made some that dont need a resistor.

Little update:

Even though the website and packaging both say 6000K, these are definitely closer to 5000K. My plate lights (6000K) are a lot bluer in comparison, whereas these are a very close match to my trunk light, which is 5000K. Little disappointed, I hate when things don't match.

I also just put in an offer for those 7W projector LEDs I linked earler. Offered the guy $21.00 :lol:

My eBay T15 7W projector LEDs arrived just after 5 days. Impressive. Build quality seems very good. Aluminum heatsink, nice feel to the plastic body, dual leads. On the other hand, the VLEDs feel a little cheap, and only come with single leads.

Here is a little write-up:

Note: I purchased the eBay projector LEDs just to see how much the output would suffer due to the nature of our backup lamp lenses, as they aren't clear.
Note 2: All comparison shorts were taken at the same exposure, aperture and ISO setting, aside from the last two output shots. I did my best to match them. These were all taken within a relatively short timeframe of roughly 10 minutes.

Product Links
VLEDS $30: http://www.vleds.com/6k-white-10-led-194-921.html
eBAY T15 7W $22: http://www.ebay.com/itm/280680234431

Product Pictures
VLEDS (from previous page)
DSC_3571_s.jpg

eBay 7W (these are much larger, very tight fit)
DSC_3583_s.jpg

DSC_3584_s.jpg

Comparison Shots
Garage door comparison (Left: eBay | Right: VLEDS)
DSC_3585_s.jpg

VLEDS
DSC_3596_s.jpg

eBay
DSC_3600_s.jpg

eBay - another angle
DSC_3608_s.jpg

Left: VLEDS | Right: eBay
DSC_3614_s.jpg

From the rear (Driver: eBay | Pass: VLEDS - both are VERY bright and blinding)
DSC_3615_s.jpg

Conclusion
If someone combined these two products, we would have the perfect performer. Until then, I would personally go with the VLEDS simply because our reverse lamps are a bottleneck for the T15 eBay LEDs. If you used one of each, the output would be great, but it looks a little funny. Not OCD friendly.

looks awesome!!! I dont think all cars work with LED interiors..But your certainly does! Great work

Very clean bright look +1 definitely does it justice.

Thanks mens!

FTMFW! when he pulls those hideous floor mats out!!! :)

Custom fit Lloyd mats, those are staying in! I could never be bothered to clean a carpeted mat, simply too much work IMO. A week later it would be just as dirty.

Dang man, that's a world of difference for reverse lights.

I do believe I'll be getting some soon.

Btw, the black interior and leds are the shiznit. Looks great!

I for one, love the mats. Link to the LEDs? And sorry if I missed it, but do these stay on when you turn them off as well?

Conclusion because our reverse lamps are a bottleneck for the T15 eBay LEDs.

M4rk, can you please explain what you mean by bottleneck in this context? Do you mean the T15s won't fit? I like the brightness of the T15s; it's so hard for me to see anything when I back up with the factory reverse lights.

FYI, reverse lamps are meant to signal you're backing up. The fact that they help illuminate what's behind you is just an added benefit. Anyways, back on topic.

M4rk, can you please explain what you mean by bottleneck in this context? Do you mean the T15s won't fit? I like the brightness of the T15s; it's so hard for me to see anything when I back up with the factory reverse lights.

Sorry for the late response.

Because the reverse lamps have non-clear lenses, the T15's effectiveness is reduced as the light is scattered. If the lenses were clear, that would be a different story. Give them a try, they are only $20.

I am still running the VLEDs as I prefer the light output.

DIY tinted my tails with Oracal 8300 medium film. Didn't do a very good job on the outer pieces, so I never bothered to take any real pictures.

WP_20131010_002.jpg

I then decided the film was a bit too light, and there was still the issue of my awful install. Decided to pay someone to have them re-done with Lamin-x in "tint" shade.

DSC_3877_s.jpg

Much better.

Ever had a problem with it not starting? All mine is doing is clicking once. New battery. New starter. Still same....

Members online

Back