My 06 Progress

Naw, the weather here is still to ****ty. I am also still thinking about tire size. Originally I was thinking 245/40/19 but being a wider wheel than most here run I want to make sure is right. Plus I am waiting on the tax return to buy tires (and parts to fix my bike) you buy tires for yours yet?

Naw, the weather here is still to ****ty. I am also still thinking about tire size. Originally I was thinking 245/40/19 but being a wider wheel than most here run I want to make sure is right. Plus I am waiting on the tax return to buy tires (and parts to fix my bike) you buy tires for yours yet?

I'm in the same boat, was planning on waiting for the tax return to have some extra cash. The tire size question is on my mind as well. I've heard mixed opinions on tire sizes, so there is still some more searching to do before I pull the trigger.

Question to you all. I have te option to buy a unused 8k Automotive Concepts Halo ring kit for 100 bucks. I just want to know:

A: has anyone used this kit? is it quality?

B: anyone have a pic of 8k halos? might be a little to blue / purple for me?

C: any additional items need for install other than sealant for the headlight? Wasn't sure if people were putting them on a individual switch or just putting them in the parking light circuit

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/ls-1.aspx

Thanks

Another question to anyone with 19s. I am about to run the VW wheels which are 9in wide. I am unsure what tire size to run. I was thinking 245/40/19. I just want to make sure I have sufficient sidewall and not to wide or narrow for my wheel. Thoughts?

Another question to anyone with 19s. I am about to run the VW wheels which are 9in wide. I am unsure what tire size to run. I was thinking 245/40/19. I just want to make sure I have sufficient sidewall and not to wide or narrow for my wheel. Thoughts?

Well, 9" = 228.6 mm so, I think you will be ok. You will have more sidewall stability at the higher pressures and less squirm in the corners. You really want to pay the extra for XLs though. The extra cost is well worth it. The thing I've found with 19s is they can be pricey and there aren't as many different sizes like the 20s. However, that also means there are far fewer low quality ones.

Got my Eibachs Wednesday and put them in at my brothers shop saturday.

Took some pics but about a hour after install so they have settled a tad more. So far I love the look and the ride is still pretty damn good.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics.
LSonlift_zpsff4620ef.gif

LowerLS4_zps6a5333e2.gif

LowerLS3_zps90ca59a6.gif

LowerLS2_zpsf5882339.gif

LowerLS1_zps5fb548e0.gif

LSbeforeandafter_zps2593536c.gif

Next up are the wheels....:wrench

I already have a set of wheels, actually got them (unknowingly) at them same time as another member. Just need tires!

19x9 VW touareg wheels with adapters.

photo2_zps896d9fee.jpg

So, I dropped my car off to the Paintless Dent Removal place of get my door fixed from Valentine's Day. Door looks great. When I picked it up it started a little "weird." It idled higher than normal during its warm up cycle then had a little miss to it. Well I shut it down, let it sit for a sec, restarted and it idled a little high again but no miss this time. Well the past couple days I have noticed a slight jerk / miss in it. I mean very slight. At idle it is fine, normal easy driving it is fine, but around 50 mph if I start easing in to the throttle it bucks a little. Nothing lie my 01 did wen the coils went in it, but I can feel it. So it looks like I need new coils and plugs at 70K. Guess it seems about on par with the trend here. I just cringe when it does it because it feels almost like a trans issue, and since my 01 had a trans crap out I really don't want to do that swap again. Anyway. On the table next: Coils, plugs, trans fluid and filter change. Then if she behaves tires for the 19s...

Think the dent guys took it out for a little joy ride?

76ea90e126dc78ccc4dcfb9ea8ada566.jpg

Haha. No he is a family friend with way better toys than my car. Actually I just got to my girlfriends and while I let it warm up a sec at my house it missed a couple times.

What gets me is the visteons aren't available any more, which means this repair just got pricey! Damn....and I was hoping to get more than 70k out of the coils.

Well I was all set Saturday to change out the coils and plugs, plus an oil change. Well I went to my brothers dealership to do an induction service before I did the coils and plugs.

Well weather did not cooperate but I did get the induction service done. Let me tell you it made a pretty big difference. I mean it still misses under load from time to time, but at idle it is a lot better and it isn't as bad under load.

Obviously I am still doing the coils and plugs as soon as I get a chance, just thought I would share how beneficial an induction service can be.

Next up on the preventative maintenance list is a trans and coolant flush sometime this summer.

.... and coolant flush sometime this summer.

Careful with any or too much pressure on the system, you'll blow a heater core and have much bigger troubles on your hands.

If you are just going to drain and refill you'll do alright, if you bring it to those quick-lube places and they recommend a cooling system flush, you say no and start running. Those
censored.gif
'ers don't know what they are doing, recieved the wrong training and will crank up the pressure too high to backwards flush the heatercore and blow it out.

Guaranteed!

Ya, I would never trust a quick lube for anything. I will take it to my friends dealership. He is a ford guy and knows his ****. Either way I will be there and we both know how fragile the cooling system is so we will be careful.

Check engine light actually turn of because the miss has become so minimal which I find kinda funny, but I plan on putting the new coils and plugs in today either way.

Got the tires in Thursday. Just have to wait for my buddy to free up to mount, balance, align and install the alignment bolts got the front.
image_zps71cc6d61.jpg

The tires are Achilles ATR Sports. Not a name brand but have seen a lot of good reviews. A friend at work has them on a 350Z and likes them a lot. Couldn't beat the price either.

I already have a set of wheels, actually got them (unknowingly) at them same time as another member. Just need tires!

19x9 VW touareg wheels with adapters.

photo2_zps896d9fee.jpg

Where'd you get the rims if you don't mind me asking?

Got them from a guy on Craigslist he was from Chicago but met me half way

Can't wait to see it. Don't forget about the LS meet in June.

Trust me I want them on as bad as you all do! Rolling I have a wedding that weekend but should be able to make it out at least one day if not 2

As my luck would have it I painted my black center caps silver, put the logo decal on, applied some a coat of clear. Then a second then a third coat. As soon as I applied the third and I walked away, the wind sent them all flying. The wet clear picked up a bunch of crap, and the concrete nicked them up. So to salvage I left the decal on. Sanded and repaired the caps. Painted them the gun metal and peeled off the decal. They still need clear, but tell me what you think.

Silver:
photo1_zpsa9f97abe.jpg

photo2_zpseda9a6bc.jpg

Gunmetal:
photo5_zps057effdf.jpg

photo3_zps588c302b.jpg

photo4_zps4690e520.jpg

I think I like them darker. But maybe with the black star still. Hard to say without on them on the car. But my guess is since your LS is black, black stars will be the right choice.

Members online

No members online now.
Back