My 06 Progress

L_King

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I replaced my high milage 01 with a 06 a few months back, but with all that has been going on and then my motorcycle accident, I have not worked much on the LS or posted pics. I got a chance to wash her up the other day, and I got a few quick pics. She is pretty much base, but to be honest the only thing I miss is the sun roof, I do not miss the wood though. It now has just under 60K on it and runs awesome. No huge plans for it, but a few.

As she sits now:

Only thing I have done is install the Pioneer 4300 DVD 7in screen.

Future plans:
-6k HIDs for lows and fogs
-Stealth turn signal bulbs
-LED License plate, puddle, and reverse lights
-Darker Tint
-New exhaust tips
-Eibach lowering springs
-18 or 19 wheels (volvo or Jag)
-LSE gen one spoiler
Who knows what else I ll come up with..

VERY clean, looks good. I have that same head unit. LOVE IT. How did you get the lincoln background on it? Threw the image on a SD card I assume?

yeah... the sunroofs a big one (for some reason) Looks good though. cant wait to see the mods...

More importantly whats there on two....

@jjcool00 I love my head unit and for the price! The background I made in photoshop and saved in I think PNg and put it on a SD card.

The car in the background is a 89 Buick Lesabre T-type (or my 07 Yamaha R6?) getting custom made by me coil overs, CTS-V front brakes, custom rear disc brakes, Supercharged 3800 with mods, and the list goes on. My family has always been in to GM and Buick specifically. We have a 70 Buick GSX, 2 Grand Nationals, and My Lesabres, not to mention a few other toys.

A few pics: (I know it is not every ones cup of tea, but I like them, and they are rare..)
Before I started:

The engine going in it:

Now:

I could go on about all the work going in to this, but I wont bore you all.

Bravo, about 6 weeks ago I traded my high mileage 02 for an 06. Love the improvements between GEN I and GEN II.

On another note I had that same head unit in my wife's Altima a while back. Nice!!

Nice LS man, like the mod lineup.

Looks to be in excellent condition.

A 1970 GSX, I'm very jealous. Do you have pics of it? I had a 72 Skylark with the 350 and loved it. Having a GSX would be a dream come true. I'd rather have a GSX than the numbers matching 1970 Chevelle SS396 that I'll be inheriting one day.

I forgot to add this, but I did install the stealth turn signal bulbs, and the 6K HIDs in the low beams and fogs.

Also, this morning I picked up these:

They are like new. I think they were refinished recently, but either way I can not wait to get them on the car! Oh and a quick photoshop...

I know, I know, I need to lower it. Any one selling any drop springs...?

now we just need someone to get a set in chrome, then they will be as popular as the volvo xc90's 19"s .. Alax and the LSX have silver, and i have chrome..

I'd say bull should get the chrome set, but his wheels look so nice already.. someone else get these in chrome,, someone whose still rocking stock wheels..

I forgot to add this, but I did install the stealth turn signal bulbs, and the 6K HIDs in the low beams and fogs.

Also, this morning I picked up these:

They are like new. I think they were refinished recently, but either way I can not wait to get them on the car! Oh and a quick photoshop...

I know, I know, I need to lower it. Any one selling any drop springs...?

WOW!!!!!!!!:eek: Sweet looking wheels. What are they?

now we just need someone to get a set in chrome, then they will be as popular as the volvo xc90's 19"s .. Alax and the LSX have silver, and i have chrome..

I'd say bull should get the chrome set, but his wheels look so nice already.. someone else get these in chrome,, someone whose still rocking stock wheels..

Don't forget to add the Sentas in here just for sake of discussion. They seem to be the most popular group "yes".

Wrong bolt pattern, but the offset is 60 so with adapters it should work.

Won't have mine on til spring, so I will be watching this guy closely.

Don't forget to add the Sentas in here just for sake of discussion. They seem to be the most popular group "yes".

I shouldn't have use used the word popular. I was just trying to say that once one person bought the first set of xc90's (alax) then right away 2 others followed. And I can see these vw wheels being the same.

Yea the sentas, possibly the vulcans, are more popular I'd say.

Ya Ben, I was not aware you had them when I decided to get these and started my search for them. Bt hey great minds think alike right?

I would love some in chrome, but I have a feeling they will be very tough to find and pretty pricy as well!

Upstairs Chris: I had grey interior in my 01 and it wasn't bad but got to dirty to fast. I love my black now.

Honey badger: The head unit is this unit:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P4300DVD

Rollin, What Ben said. They require adapters like Bulls wheels do.

Got some tips back when I had my 01 that I never put on. I put them on yesterday at my buddies. Couldn't be happier how they turned out. It's the simple things..haha

photo1_zps72d700db.jpg

photo2_zpsf4d41b45.jpg

excuse the dirtiness

I was expecting to see the wheels mounted! Looks good man.

Members online

Back