Mark VIII Craigslist finds!!!

Anyways, this is the most beat up interior I have seen. How the hell can it get this bad, damn.

Damn, Looks like some let loose a raccoon in there.
00d0d_jiTKubqT7pX_600x450.jpg

Sounds like your thinking of this car, definitely not the same. Thank God.
IMG_1736%20(Medium).JPG
00h0h_ejdA27BAZfk_600x450.jpg

IMG_1736%20(Medium).JPG

00d0d_jiTKubqT7pX_600x450.jpg

00h0h_ejdA27BAZfk_600x450.jpg

I don't think that's MG8's car for sale....for >$4k I'd expect a better grill on that car
----
that 2-tone mark in Dothan, Ala is the ugliest VIII I've ever seen- the int. looks like somebody locked a coupla wild cats inside the car

MD means Maryland. It's probably so cheap because of the top it has on it.

Looks like bad rear shock, dent in drivers side fender, hazy headlights (probably did not pass inspection) and that ugly top.
I have seen multiple good Mark VIII deals here over the years.

Interesting. I want some pictures. But I know a windshield and hood from ford is worth about 5 times Kelly blue book on my 93.

Both a windshield and hood could be had from a junkyard for maybe $150..are new hoods even available from ford still?

no, not anymore.
but if you went the junkyard route, you've still probably gotta paint it.
also more than the blue book of my car.
i can't imagine it would take much to total an older, higher mileage one of these.

Vin was run and the car was totaled twice.
Once when it was almost new, car was hit real hard on the right front, you can see it if you look close at the core support and the engine bay.
Second time the LMS hood flew off went over the roof and was squashed by a truck.
Car is rust free but the title is dirty.
Doesn't need glass, he has the stock hood.
Interior is clean but has some issues all these cars do with age, car is Ivory/blk interior if I remember right.
I might have some pics around not sure.

Its built a little different, has some good parts but they don't really fit together.
Engine has miles on it.
The cage is not a true 6 point, it would never pass any inspection.
Has cheap spring swap.

Super nice guy, he built this thing and never dove it much.

Saw some pictures a while back it's in nice shape. If I could I would buy it, remove the fun parts and slap it back together as stock to sell it. Seems worth the trouble.

Here is some more info I have from a past e-mail.

The kenne bell is only a 1.7 with 42 lb injectors and a 340lph areomotive fuel pump. The car is on a safe tune from Casey at APS auto works.

The car is real close to me, under five miles.
I did go and kick the tires pretty hard, had him fire it up.

The problem with the car going back to stock is the dirty title, it would be considerable work for little gain and a hard sell.
Plus when I say it was hit hard, I do mean hard.

I just sent him an e-mail, seeing if I could help him out. I've got a stock motor that's been sitting in my garage for ever that would be nice to get ride of.

I think at this point a salvage title on a mark viii makes no difference. This car is 19 years old with over 100k miles and is only worth a few grand anyway..its no collectors piece. If it drives true and straight, runs good, looks good and was repaired properly, so what if it has a salvaged title. If anything its worth more in its current state than stock.

I think at this point a salvage title on a mark viii makes no difference. This car is 19 years old with over 100k miles and is only worth a few grand anyway..its no collectors piece. If it drives true and straight, runs good, looks good and was repaired properly, so what if it has a salvaged title. If anything its worth more in its current state than stock.

I have to agree. Probably a good project Mark. He should've posted pics though.

Members online

Back