Mark VIII(8) Prototype Struts

BillCu is a good choice. His fleet is up to 4 now.

Eddie, can you post up a pic so we can see what the future may hold?

BTW, I have my reservations about sending $600 worth of parts out for nothing, so one of the qualifications is that "the chosen one" provide a valid credit card. This credit card will have a hold of $600 until either the person wants to keep them....or returns them.

Oh well. That puts me out of the running. I have a couple of credit cards, but I don't have $600 dollars. I haven't seen that much money in a loooooooooooong time:(

I scored a whole coil conversion today at the junkyard so im going to throw them on for a while as im Not sourcing any good used gen2 bags around and not having my system fail in the dead of winter in jersey, been there..and not going to mess with keeping rear air while front coils when i can just pull the pin for the system and leave it in place since im keeping the whole air ride intact.

Ill wait back to check out what goes on with these. I'd really like to see an assembly with a replaceable bladder and shock combination, as far as firmness, i think the majority vote is going to be slightly firmer then OEM comparable to konis/tokico/bilstein's/etc

cant wait to see what you come up with ;)

Sorry to take so long guys. Trying to get over this crud. Anyway, not to hurt anyones feelings, but I think Billcu is a good candidate for this. Well respected & trusted by everyone.

BTW Thaywood, mine look nothing like your drawing. Where were you going to get your rubber air bladders from anyway? Only a handfull of companies can make these things and most have contracts! Just the "MOLD" for a rubber air bladder costed $10K....10 years ago! It take ALLOT more than just a drawing.

I should have some pics up by the end of the weekend.

BTW Thaywood, mine look nothing like your drawing. Where were you going to get your rubber air bladders from anyway? Only a handfull of companies can make these things and most have contracts! Just the "MOLD" for a rubber air bladder costed $10K....10 years ago!.

Like I said before, several times, it was just an idea. I don't have the time, money, or resources to actually "build" my air shocks. On my budget, there's no way I could have even built a prototype. That's a bummer.

It take ALLOT more than just a drawing.

Gee, ya think?:rolleyes:

Congratulations to Bill! :ballon

Excellent choice. He will do an outstanding job as he does always

Anyway, not to hurt anyones feelings, but I think Billcu is a good candidate for this.

Eddie, Bill's a good choice. I have teenage kids beating the piss out of my '98 and I will be replacing the front end this month but if you only have one set to test, so be it.

Try buying air shocks for an Audi. $700 a side. Over $1K at the stealership...each!

Good luck and I look forward to hearing the results.
Regards,
Bryan

Eddie, Bill's a good choice. I have teenage kids beating the piss out of my '98 and I will be replacing the front end this month but if you only have one set to test, so be it.

Try buying air shocks for an Audi. $700 a side. Over $1K at the stealership...each!

Regards,
Bryan
+1 Good choice Eddie.
Nice to see you post Bryan!

I understand that I am sure its tough to source and build a set of shocks to the normal guy, that being said, any chance we might just get an idea what they look like? I am curious.

Sorry to take so long guys. Trying to get over this crud. Anyway, not to hurt anyones feelings, but I think Billcu is a good candidate for this. Well respected & trusted by everyone.

BTW Thaywood, mine look nothing like your drawing. Where were you going to get your rubber air bladders from anyway? Only a handfull of companies can make these things and most have contracts! Just the "MOLD" for a rubber air bladder costed $10K....10 years ago! It take ALLOT more than just a drawing.

I should have some pics up by the end of the weekend.

Thanks Eddie, PM replied to.:)

I understand that I am sure its tough to source and build a set of shocks to the normal guy, that being said, any chance we might just get an idea what they look like? I am curious.

x3 i am keeping the air on my 95

Sorry. I hadn't updated all the forums.......Had a FANTASTIC idea while laying in bed the other night. Came up with a little idea that could easily be the coolest feature of all......that not even the mighty OEM strut has! Gonna try to get things finished by Friday so I can send them to Bilcue for testing.

After my low mileage front air springs failed me the other day I am looking forward to these coming out! Hopefully the price will go down with mass production

Regards,
Bryan

Wow MonsterMark back from the Dead ... Welcome back ..

Members online

No members online now.
Back