LSE conversion and matte white wrap

PaulyG11

LVC Member
Reaction score
Started this project on my 2002 Lincoln LS V8 last Friday night (March 23rd) with a friend of mine and just finished last night just before midnight (March 29th). All tolled we put roughly 60 hours into the car during that week. All while both working full-time jobs. So needless to say, I am :q:q:q:qing exhausted lol

Quick run-down of what I did:
- 2006 LSE front bumper
- 2003 LS OEM HID headlights (was a nice surprise :D)
- 3000K HID fogs (unfortunately not in yet because I got the wrong bulbs lol)
- wrapped in Oracal 651 Matte White wrap

If anyone has any questions about how I did something, feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer accurately. I got so much help from this forum, I would love an opportunity to repay the favour.

I planned on finishing up wrapping the piece of the hood under the grill tonight but because Canada is so awesome it decided to :q:q:q:qing snow so I wasn't able to get it done.

This weekend I will be plasti-dipping my wheels (just temporarily, until I can afford the new wheels I have picked out lol). As well as painting my brake calipers gloss black and painting the side and rear vallances satin white.

I am looking forward to doing a LOT more to my car in the coming months and I will be sure to keep the LVC community apprised on what I do

Sorry for the long write-up! Here come the pictures! (I'm gonna throw a few "befores" in there as well) Let me know what you think!

Sorry for the terrible format but this is my first thread with pictures...

before2.JPG

before1.jpg

stuff.JPG

stripped.JPG

hood.JPG

bumper.JPG

one eye.JPG

almost.JPG

done.JPG

done2.JPG

Now that is the way to introduce yourself to the forum!!! Good sh**!!

Welcome.

Looks great! I say you also do the fog area on the bumper in white but leave the lower and upper grille black. Looks great either way and welcome

Sick... but why didnt you finish the hood?

Welcome and the matte white looks so nice!

Edit: Oh :q:q:q:q didn't read anything, I'm like a 3 year old I just like zeeee piccccturres

Damn son, way to join the forum.

That looks really good. need some better shots!

Looks like you guys did a great job, 60 hours is really good. Even for two people.

I also really like the look. It kinda looks like your passenger door isn't lined up correctly, looks like the gap isn't even, Are you having any rubbing?

I like the color difference, White and Black looks good!

Looks great! I say you also do the fog area on the bumper in white but leave the lower and upper grille black. Looks great either way and welcome

Gotta give a different opinion Alax. I like the fogs black. Gives the front end a Storm Trooper look.

Wow, a first post on here that isn't about a topic that's been beat to a pulp. Welcome to LVC and killer work you did there. If I was going to wrap in a different color this would probably be my top choice. That looks awesome and matte white is a very nice look on this car.

Where did you come across some OEM HID if you don't mind me asking? What was your favorite and most hated part of this conversion? What a/m HID kits are you running in the fogs? I've been on a recent light kick.

Wow that looks very nice! Get spacers.

Trust me, if I was planning on keeping these wheels any longer, I would DEFINITELY get spacers. But I plan on getting new wheels within the next month or so anyways..

Beautiful car. Great job! New wheels will make that thing look even better.

I wish I had enough money to get the bumper, wrap AND wheels all at once but really wanted to get the front end changed and the wrap on asap. I couldn't wait any longer! lol

Thanks! We tried wrapping into the fog area when we did the bumper but couldn't get the wrap stretched into it quite far enough and because of how stretched the wrap got, and the bumper being black, it was barely even white anymore lol so I left it and figured I could paint it later if I wanted to but kinda loved them black once it was on the car. Something a little different. But I may go back eventually and paint/wrap the fog area.

Sick... but why didnt you finish the hood?

Welcome and the matte white looks so nice!

Edit: Oh :q:q:q:q didn't read anything, I'm like a 3 year old I just like zeeee piccccturres

Hahahah no worries. The wrap I got was the same as jerbear's. So it was only 4' wide and didn't quite make it to the lowest part of the hood. So I am gonna cut the wrap off along the bottom line of the trim piece on the grill and put in another small piece to finish it. It should hopefully turn out okay.

car looks awsome!!! welcome to the wrap club!! which i am no longer in haha!! :D

You're not?! What happened?!

Damn son, way to join the forum.

That looks really good. need some better shots!

Looks like you guys did a great job, 60 hours is really good. Even for two people.

Thanks man! Yeah I'll have to take some better pictures once the weather stops being a douche and I can get back to the shop lol and overall I am very happy with it but there are definitely some sections I want to redo. Did you wrap your car on your own?

I also really like the look. It kinda looks like your passenger door isn't lined up correctly, looks like the gap isn't even, Are you having any rubbing?

I like the color difference, White and Black looks good!

Yeah I've noticed that too! Right along the bottom. It was like that when I bought the car. But no there doesn't seem to be any rubbing.

Wow, a first post on here that isn't about a topic that's been beat to a pulp. Welcome to LVC and killer work you did there. If I was going to wrap in a different color this would probably be my top choice. That looks awesome and matte white is a very nice look on this car.

Where did you come across some OEM HID if you don't mind me asking? What was your favorite and most hated part of this conversion? What a/m HID kits are you running in the fogs? I've been on a recent light kick.

Actually the headlights were one of the luckiest finds ever lol I searched on kijiji for them one day at work and found a guy in London (about 40 minutes away from me) who was parting out an entire 2003 LS! So I went down to see what he had and he told me the headlights were only halogen, which was fine because I planned on using a/m HIDs anyways, so I ended up paying $300 for BOTH front headlights AND the header panel :D
And then it wasn't until I started working on the wiring for the new lights that I opened up the low beam cover and TADA! Factory HIDs.

My favourite part had to be finishing lol seriously though, after putting in so many hours wrapping in a week I was about ready to kick a baby I was so frustrated and tired.
And my most hated part was probably the rear bumper. We left it til last, and I was just dreading doing it because of how long the front bumper took and wanted it to just be done lol

I got the HID conversion kit from VVME but got the wrong bulbs (didn't know at that point that the LSE ran H8s lol) so ordered replacement bulbs from DDMTuning which should be here soon. My buddy is running their 3000ks in his fogs and I really like how yellow they are so I'm gonna give them a go.

Sorry for the retardedly long post guys lol
And thank you for all the comments and compliments! :D
I unfortunately won't be able to get any more pics or work done on my car because I am away until tomorrow but I will update ASAP.
Until then I am gonna drive the hell out of my car and enjoy every second of it :D

Best first post I have seen in a long time! Welcome Pauly :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back