LSE conversion and matte white wrap

Beautifully done man! That's amazing.. All those hours of work must of been worth it because the car looks incredible!

Work paid off. Sharp man!!!

+1 on Hite's bracket for the front plate.

Love the wheels. Why such a narrow tire up front though?

They fit perfectly on 8.5" wide wheels. 225/40 and 255/35 are within millimetres of each other in overall diameter and they are perfectly flush with the face of the rim, which was my intention. I absolutely HATED the bulge over the rim of the stock 17's my LS came with running 235/50 :mad:

You were in md? Wish i had known Lol. Car looks sick man

Thanks buddy! Yeah I was in Ocean City for H2O. You should have been there! I was the only LS in the whole damn city lol

Looks great. You need to clean up those side pillars.

Do you mean just literally clean the side pillars? :confused:

Looks like you need a license plate bracket...plug plug. See the link in my sig

Very nice LS. Looking good!

Very sexy.

No front plate until you get pulled over for it imo :p

I'm with Luk3 on this one lol
Only been pulled over once (since March) in Toronto for having no front plate but it was in my windshield and the cop told me he just didn't see it and had he seen it he wouldn't have stopped me. I told him it was a new front bumper and the bracket hadn't shown up yet :D that'll get me out of most tickets I would imagine lol. People run their front plates in the windshield all the time in Ontario.

Thanks for all the compliments guys!
I will be posting more pics/updates periodically as I get more done that I want to do (which is quite a bit). And I'll try to get some more pics of the whole car before I park her for the winter

Those wheels are in my 'want' basket.

Very nice man. Storm trooper look going strong.

By the way, i am just now replacing a pair of those tires because they will get chewed up when lowered. I never noticed the poor tread wear rating on them. However they are great tires. Nice and quiet.

I still have an original pair that I run on my fronts. The rears wear badly - i now have a high tread wear rated tire back there.

Oh and how do you plan on playing with lowering, do u have coilovers?

I'm not a huge fan of black wheels, but there is something sinister looking about those wheels, combined with the matte white, it just looks amazing man. Good job!

They look oxidized. You could try buffing them up I read somewhere that worked for someone on here. Some use plasti dip. You could wrap them with vinyl. Buy new ones. Buy the black covers that just stick on over top. Many possibilites. I gotta pry my chrome pillars off and see what they look like underneath.

Those wheels are in my 'want' basket.

Very nice man. Storm trooper look going strong.

By the way, i am just now replacing a pair of those tires because they will get chewed up when lowered. I never noticed the poor tread wear rating on them. However they are great tires. Nice and quiet.

I still have an original pair that I run on my fronts. The rears wear badly - i now have a high tread wear rated tire back there.

Oh and how do you plan on playing with lowering, do u have coilovers?

Yeah I didn't realize it either. To be honest, I just went with the cheapest tires I could find in those sizes because I wasn't sure how they were going to fit. I do love the tires though. A buddy of mine ran the same tires on a boosted (and lowered) cavalier this past summer and he wore through his in about 6000 miles.

I plan on going the Pinknuts route (for the time being) and cutting my Eibachs over the winter. See how that works for me. I really want my car lower and there is a lot of extra spring on the Eibachs. I would absolutely LOVE a set of the Stance coilovers eventually though. Those things are beautiful.

They look oxidized. You could try buffing them up I read somewhere that worked for someone on here. Some use plasti dip. You could wrap them with vinyl. Buy new ones. Buy the black covers that just stick on over top. Many possibilites. I gotta pry my chrome pillars off and see what they look like underneath.

Oh gotchya. Yeah they're a little nasty. I usually clean them with invisible glass and they're good for about a week or so but they're not in great shape. Might have to look into it more... maybe try some gloss black paint and gloss clear

Nice wheels!
How much more room is there on the rears to the fenders? Trying to see if you can go a little wider

Nice wheels!
How much more room is there on the rears to the fenders? Trying to see if you can go a little wider

I'll snap some pictures to show you but just based on a couple quick measurements I'd say you could get away with another 1/4" of poke in the rear (maaaaaybe 1/2" if you stretch the tires a little more).
Not so sure about inner clearance though. I'll see if I can get a few pics with the camera up in the wheel well to see what kind of clearance there is.
I'm gonna get more accurate measurements after I lower the car to where I want it so I can order spacers.

Cool, thanks. I was trying to fit some 10" wheels in the back and from the dimensions of your 9.5'' wheels and others, I think I can fit them back there, the right size tires will be the next issue.

Nice! After having the 9.5" wheels on the back, I am definitely wishing I got 10s. They would fit perfect and I wouldn't need spacers. But unfortunately the wheels I got don't come in a 19x10 and I didn't want to go up to a 20" wheel so oh well lol
So my rear setup gave me 37mm of poke (over stock) and like I said, if you ran a 10" wheel that would go up to 43.7mm, which there is definitely room for. My offset is 48 so you have some wiggle room there too.
Also, regarding tires, I'm running 255/35 tires on the back and I think if you ran that exact size on a 10 (giving you a little more stretch) you would have no clearance issues at all.

I think I've said this before but i'll say it again, the car looks great! How much did it cost you to wrap the whole car?

Thanks for the site, haven't used that one yet but it should help. I was trying to find a site that let you compare tire sizes with wheel width together, thanks!!.

Did you have to roll your fenders? I'm trying to see what is the widest tire I can run with the 10'' wheel

I think I've said this before but i'll say it again, the car looks great! How much did it cost you to wrap the whole car?

Thanks Darryn! Well since I wrapped it myself it only cost me the cost of materials and that was just over $200 for a 4' x 150' roll of Oracal 651 :)
And then 3 or 4 cans of Krylon Satin White spray paint for the mirrors, door handles, vallances, etc

Thanks for the site, haven't used that one yet but it should help. I was trying to find a site that let you compare tire sizes with wheel width together, thanks!!.

Did you have to roll your fenders? I'm trying to see what is the widest tire I can run with the 10'' wheel

I haven't rolled my fenders yet. I fully plan to once I lower the car to give me that much more room to push the wheels out. And also possibly wider tires next summer but I'm not sure on that yet... Kind of digging the stretched look atm. A buddy of mine has a ridiculously low cavalier running 10.5" wide wheels in the back and only 215/45 tires :eek:

nice job amd buying a 2002 ls with the lse kit all am gonna do is add the headlights for the 2003 ls

Lilcaldo, you will need a 2003-2006 Header Panel, as well as wiring harnesses(WPT 751) for the headlights.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "rear bumper setup"...
I just have the stock 2002 rear bumper and tail lights. I personally prefer the gen1 tail lights and the gen1 rear vallance (without cut-outs) over the gen2's

Soooo it's been a while since I posted any updates... but now I actually have updates to post!! So I thought I'd just add to this thread rather than start a new one. So here goes. This past weekend I finally got around to doing some stuff I've been planning for a while. I had brand new EBC rear rotors, brand new rear toe links and 5 feet of stainless tubing (for resonator delete) that had been sitting in my room for about 6 months that I finally put on. But the biggest thing I wanted to do was lower the car more via spring cutting. I think eventually (because I now live in Toronto and therefore drive on ****ty, pot-holed/cracked roads on a daily basis) I am going to bag my car but that won't be for a bit yet. Anyways here come the pics! Let me know what you guys think!

Oh and I wound up cutting 1.5 coils in the front and 1 in the rear. I'm VERY happy with the way the front sits but not so much with the rear. I think I'm going to go back and cut at least another .25 - .5 coils in the rear. And spacers are definitely going to happen in the near future. I measured and will go with 1.5" in the front and 1" in the rear.

*The pictures alternate before and after spring cutting*

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Soooo it's been a while since I posted any updates... but now I actually have updates to post!! So I thought I'd just add to this thread rather than start a new one. So here goes. This past weekend I finally got around to doing some stuff I've been planning for a while. I had brand new EBC rear rotors, brand new rear toe links and 5 feet of stainless tubing (for resonator delete) that had been sitting in my room for about 6 months that I finally put on. But the biggest thing I wanted to do was lower the car more via spring cutting. I think eventually (because I now live in Toronto and therefore drive on ****ty, pot-holed/cracked roads on a daily basis) I am going to bag my car but that won't be for a bit yet. Anyways here come the pics! Let me know what you guys think!

Oh and I wound up cutting 1.5 coils in the front and 1 in the rear. I'm VERY happy with the way the front sits but not so much with the rear. I think I'm going to go back and cut at least another .25 - .5 coils in the rear. And spacers are definitely going to happen in the near future. I measured and will go with 1.5" in the front and 1" in the rear.

*The pictures alternate before and after spring cutting*

View attachment 828458344View attachment 828458345View attachment 828458346View attachment 828458347View attachment 828458348View attachment 828458349View attachment 828458350View attachment 828458351
Ride different?

rub / bottom out yet?

Members online

No members online now.
Back