LS Vinyl Wrap Project

Make sure to clean that area well before taping the trim on. I just had one of mine reattached at a body shop (I think the orbital buffer made it come loose when I was waxing)... they cleaned the area (removed old glue too), then used 3M tape and an adhesion promoter. FYI

I may just end up painting the trim as well. The vinyl doesn't like tiny surface area when it comes to sticking on curves like the ends of the trim.

anyone ever thought about just wrapping the roof line like *below* in a gloss black, it lot of manufactures are doing it, just dont know how'd it look on a LS
attachment.jpg

This white one has that.

Been sick for the past week so I haven't got anything done. I'm off work the next two days so hopefully I can get something done. I just want to be finished already!!

Based on my measurements, anything at least 4(wide)x6(long) would do it.

This right here will work. Not exactly ment for car wrapping but it works just the same. And you will have some extra.
http://www.uscutter.com/ORACAL-651-Intermediate-Cal-Vinyl-48-x-10-Yard-Roll-ORS6514810

One of my buddies wrapped his 325ci about 3-4 years ago with it and it still looks the same as it did when it was first done. Its actually what I'm using for mine. Little harder to work with but gets the job done for about $300 cheaper!

Does Oracal offer just one grade of vinyl or do they have a different levels of quality? I ask because I saw a roll of Oracal but it was about $30 higher.

finally got a pic in the light!!! and i painted the door handles and mirrors today. putting them on now. :D SLOWLY getting there.

1326314748834.jpg

1326674020451.jpg

1326679993140.jpg

1326314748834.jpg

1326674020451.jpg

1326679993140.jpg

Looks good man. What paint did you use? I ordered some SEM auto paint in a satin black.

So are those photos with the clear applied?

I am worried that clearing them will put a gloss to it.

Ah cool, thanks. I am thinking if the color is good enough, to just paint my door trim, instead of wrapping it. Did you do this? Your photo is so small can't really tell.

BTW I did my roof today, by far the easiest piece to wrap haha. Having the sunroof makes it a breeze.

i originally wrapped the door trim and was not happy with the ends so i will be painting them too. ill get some pics tomorrow of the handles and mirror on. it is like an exact color match.

roof definatly has been the easiest so far. i did have a little problem with it thou. vinyl started to bunch a little bit.

and you also have it a little easier than me cause you got the vinyl with the rapid air tech. i didnt :(

will be starting on the passanger side tomorrow.

Sooooo I just ran out of vinyl. Was afraid of this. Doing seamless install uses a lot of large pieces of vinyl.

All that means are the rear quarters and the rear bumper.

I've been enjoying the thread Andrizzle. I remember when you first mentioned wrapping your car with this vinyl..I wasn't sure how it would look, but with this type of quality material and work, I think the wrap looks very good on your and jerbears LS' :Beer

Thanks Ivan, means a lot man!

Well since I am waiting on more vinyl to be delivered, here is a shot of the car as it stands. Got the skirts on now, still need door trim.

roof1.jpg

roof2w.jpg

Members online

Back