Lost of water leaking in...

It's a very tight fit. I had to pull down gently and squeeze my hand in there.
Just barely enough room to get it in there and put the hose back where it belongs... with the help of a little adheisive...

I just added tube into the gap. It seemed like pulling them back together was only going to recreate the issue.

Lots of rain overnight and...

This is what mine looks like this morning.

moonroof leak.jpg

It's a very tight fit. I had to pull down gently and squeeze my hand in there.
Just barely enough room to get it in there and put the hose back where it belongs... with the help of a little LUBE...

That's what SHE said!

Could someone please point out on the picture below exactly where the tubes are located?

moonroof leak.jpg

The tube runs inside the a-arm structure and should run all the way to the floor (or thereabouts). You can't really see it just from pulling off the cover.
Taking down the headliner really isn't that hard. It'd held up by the pillar covers, the pull handles, the visors, cabin light module, and several pieces of velcro in front of and behind of the sunroof as well as along the back edge. I think the light module is attached with a screw or two, or might just be clips.

In any case, thirty minutes of careful work will have the headliner sitting on your seats. You don't need to remove it to work on the tubes. Removing it from the car is where it's easy to f'up because there's not quite enough room through the rear door without folding it.

It's easy to see the tubes once the headliner is off. For reference, mine were black with white "edges" sticking out. I had to zip tie one onto the sunroof because it had gotten too loose.

Worked for me

Taking down the headliner really isn't that hard. It'd held up by the pillar covers, the pull handles, the visors...

In any case, thirty minutes of careful work will have the headliner sitting on your seats.

It's easy to see the tubes once the headliner is off. For reference, mine were black with white "edges" sticking out. I had to zip tie one onto the sunroof because it had gotten too loose.

Repaired mine last night and didn't pull the headliner down to the seats. I just removed the passenger side a pillar trim, the visor and the pull handle and was able to access the tube and connector.
On mine, I couldn't pull the drain tube back up to reach the connector, so I made an extension of 1.25" in length to fit the 3/8" tubing and glued and zip tied it in place.

Thank you! That's some very good information.

My leak is on the driver's side, so it's a little harder to access because the steering wheel is in the way, and I tried it inside a fairly tight garage. I will have another go at this once it warms up. Thanks again!

Fix Pics

Here's a pic of pulling the corner of the headliner down looking from outside the car between the roof and the headliner back toward the moon roof.
Followed by a pic of the hose sitting away from the connector barb on the front corner of the moon roof.

LS headliner pull down.jpg

LS moonroof drain connection.jpg

Water stained A-pillar trim

:yuck:... man, that sucks.
Time to get the blow dryer out there,

It left water stains on the A-pillar cover so i took it to a dry cleaner and he said just wash it. Did that and it didn't clean the stain so I used some simple green and a scrub brush. I took a couple rounds but got the water stain out.

Once again you guys are awesome... i had this problem in April 2010. San Diego does not rain much so I forgot about. We just had a storm and it came back. I will be attempting this fix this afternoon.

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

I have the same problem, just started today. Next time it gets warm I'll check it out and hope it's an easy fix.

its been raining here for like 2 weeks straight and ive been having this same problem

thanks guys for the directions. Started leaking bad so I finally got around to checking it out. Sure enuff the hose slipped off the spout. Had a hard time getting it back on though. It almost seems like the hose should be longer.

^^^ +1000

I just fixed this last week. Anybody else ever have a problem with the hose shrinking/moving too much???

When i did my drivers side a long while back, the hose was short but i was able to pull it back for enough to plug back on and get a zip tie to hold it. this time on the passenger side, the hose was nowhere near long enough to go back on. it was probably just over an inch short and no amount of pulling would free up more than about 1/4". since it runs down the inside if the A pillar, i couldn't fee up anymore.

Just in case anyone else does, this is what i tried.

fix was to use shrink wrap to fill the gap. this would have been easier had the hose been smooth, but it has a bunch of ridges(?) running all the way around and down the hose (i'm guessing to protect it through all of the metal it snakes through) so i had to shave it smooth with a razor, then cut two pieces of large shrink tube, one was just a little longer than the gap and one was as long as i could fit in the area. i slid the biggest one down the tube as far as i could, and then placed the smaller piece on and shrank it around the barb and the tube, added a little silicon to the ends and pulled the bigger piece back over and coated the entire area again.

Yea it is retarded how short the hoses are. I almost feel like they shrink overtime in the heat or something.

I ended up adding clear rubber hose that you cut from Lowes or HD and wrapping it over the north end connection, and folding it inside the south. Works just fine.

2 years later

Almost 2 years to the day of when I started this thread, the hose came apart again. A 2 year fix isn't bad... but this time I'm going for forever.
Here's my fix:
2012-01-22_15-42-09_396.jpg

Yea it is retarded how short the hoses are. I almost feel like they shrink overtime in the heat or something.

I ended up adding clear rubber hose that you cut from Lowes or HD and wrapping it over the north end connection, and folding it inside the south. Works just fine.

Just fixed mine on Sunday. A while back I asked a guy at the dealership about the short hoses and he said sometimes dirt gets clogged in the hoses so if you clean them out it makes the reattachment a lot easier. I used a steamer to clean my hose and it worked like a charm. I was able to attach the hose with room to spare. I would definitely recommend using a steamer to clean the drain tube. I tried a can of air and it did not do the trick.

Looks like it's my turn here. Hoping for some warm weather, also glad my pillars are black so no stains lol. Awesome thread here, can I get a pat on the back for searching? Or maybe an LVC sticker or something? Lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back