Lost of water leaking in...

haha...now i've lost power in both visors (homelink, lights). gd me.

i shredded the ****ing wires. unreal. **** me.

this is weird. i only see 1 small breach of the wire cover. no cut/torn wires. what else could cause the homelink/overhead lights to not work after doing this fix?

WP_20150608_19_07_18_Pro.jpgWP_20150608_19_07_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20150608_19_07_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20150608_19_07_39_Pro.jpg

this is weird. i only see 1 small breach of the wire cover. no cut/torn wires. what else could cause the homelink/overhead lights to not work after doing this fix?

It's right there in the picture...
You pinched the power wire to the visors and likely shorted it to ground. You need to fix the wire (and any other damaged ones). (Tape it up at least.) Then go replace fuse F4.05 that you blew. It's in the fuse box in the trunk. It's a 10A fuse. (Several other interior lights should be out too.)

thanks joe - always a great help. thought i'd really F'd up so hopefully it's just that fuse.

Just fixed mine on Sunday. A while back I asked a guy at the dealership about the short hoses and he said sometimes dirt gets clogged in the hoses so if you clean them out it makes the reattachment a lot easier. I used a steamer to clean my hose and it worked like a charm. I was able to attach the hose with room to spare. I would definitely recommend using a steamer to clean the drain tube. I tried a can of air and it did not do the trick.

Did you have to pull the entire hose out to clean with a steamer? How did you do it? Also, how long did it take?

Almost 2 years to the day of when I started this thread, the hose came apart again. A 2 year fix isn't bad... but this time I'm going for forever.
Here's my fix:
2012-01-22_15-42-09_396.jpg

How did you get to the end of the hose to apply the clamp? Great fix BTW!!!!

remove the visors, remove the A pillar and B pillar, pulls the door seal, then you can carefully pull the headliner down taking care not to crease it. it seems that the tube shrinks and gets pulled back down the A pillar a little bit, just reach up and pull it back out the best you can...

this repair is much easier to do on a real hot day vs a cold day since the tube will stretch a little easier. it is kinda hard to reach and there is not a lot of extra room to mess around in. as you do it, it gets easier.

Go to Lowes and buy the clear tubing, just like 4 inches each side. Put one end around the moonroof nipples and then make a small cut in the opposite side so you can stuff it deep into the existing sh!tty tubes. Add some tape for good measure if you'd like.

IIRC I used 2" of 5/8" inside diameter rubber vacuum tube and a male-male nipple from the plumbing section. And a couple of zip ties for good measure.

Members online

No members online now.
Back