Lincoln LS Detail

On another note, Where did you place your order for your werkstatt stuff?

That's what I was just doing. However, I had to leave the site, because you've seen what can happen if I window shop (the previous huge order).

Haha... you're probably right. :shifty:

Actually, I WAS just going to order from Phil again. I can't believe I was going to spend 30 bucks just to see what the freebie was... :rolleyes:

Back to the werkstat site I go. Although I haven't really researched it much. Do I need all 3 steps? (prime, acrylic,carnauba)? Is prime just a pre-wax cleaner, with some abrasives in it?

Well Jeff believes in a two step. You definitely can do a three step if you decide to add Carnuaba as well. There are certain different types of Prime if you scroll down for the different kinds of LSPs, but I got regular prime because it adheres to both Carnuaba and Acrylic, even though it probably won't matter that much anyway, I just did it out of principle. Apparently Satin Prot is good, haven't heard about the QD gloss but I have enough anyway.

Yeah, I have my gallon of FK425, some DG AW, and a gallon of Meg's Last Touch. I'm set for a while on QD :D

EDIT: So, do you know what you can put under Acrylic Jett trigger? I'm wondering if I could use Dodo Lime Prime Lite. Or lusso revitalizing creme.

I did just order a bottle of DG105 from my carquest. Couldn't pass it up for 9 bucks shipped!

EDIT: So, do you know what you can put under Acrylic Jett trigger? I'm wondering if I could use Dodo Lime Prime Lite. Or lusso revitalizing creme.

I did just order a bottle of DG105 from my carquest. Couldn't pass it up for 9 bucks shipped!

You probably can, I don't see a problem there. Both sprays have the same durability as any other non spray product, it is not a QD by any means, its a true sealant or wax.

Well, I know sometimes there can be bonding issues over certain prewax cleaners. Which if that's the case, maybe I'll just use EZ creme glaze under it.

By the description they give of the Prime, it claims to do what a claybar does... is that what you got from the description?

In case you're wondering, yes I'm going to order it within 5 hours :rolleyes:

I mean it removes a slight slight slight layer of clear coat because it is abrasive, but it won't do nearly as much as a claybar. It basically just levels slightly and cleans for optimum bonding.

Well, my friend has an 08 Jetta and we tried to wax it today but the damn water froze on the friggin car before we could get to it. I can't wait for ONR.

Just FYI, ONR froze on my car when it got really cold out. I tried to do too much at once, though. That being said, it's a helll of a lot easier than using a hose. I love my ONR :D

I was towards the end. I did the trunk, then the rear bumper before drying. The ONR on the trunk froze up by the time I was finished washing the bumper. It would've been fine if I had stuck to one panel at a time.

My rotary and everything else is coming in today. I'll take pictures if my mom's camera is working.

:D awesome. Let me know how you like the AJT. i didn't "pull the trigger" on it yet...

Yeah, you and me both. The only reason is I have so much stuff to try out, and the winter is killing me since I can't use it! AT least not as much as I'd like.

Can't wait to see how you like the rotary. Getting the hood to practice on is a great idea. If you have any questions once you get started, feel free to ask.

I pulled it out of the box yesterday and turned it on. Quite intimidating. I also got all of my stuff from Jeff's Werkstatt today, the extra bottles look like a great quality product, and cheaply priced.

Well I hope your Christmas was good. I used the bottle from Jeff's Werkstatt to store half of the polish for now, comes with a squeeze cap. When I was filling them up, I noticed that Final Finish and Intensive Paste were a lot milkier/liquid than the High Gloss Polish. Did you notice this as well?

Yeah, the IP is really "watery". Since this is my first time seeing them, I don't know if that's the way they are suposed to be or not.

I noticed as soon as I was shaking the jugs (hehe). The HGP was a lot harder to shake up than the other 2.

I wanted a gift card for Christmas so I could buy detailing stuff.

Instead I got a $250 GC for Spoilers Auto Spa:lol:

Women just don't get it;) !

Maybe you can purchase product from them...

The stuff I got that was detailing related was a Bissell Little Green Machine from my mom(for shampooing carpets/floor mats) and a Brinkmann Dual Krypton light (from the girlfriend's mom) for paint inspection. I said Dual Xenon, but got Krypton. Hopefully it works. :D

Some stuff yeah.

Im just gunna use it for interior details and/or depending on the cost of that other non-detail related maintenance services.

$250 worth of oil changes is cool.

Members online

No members online now.
Back