Lincoln LS Detail

im goona have justin polish my car and then prob order the portercable kit on his site, ive been u tubing and it seems fairly straight forward. id prob try on my silver ls first and move on from there. then i will really be sick, like u pete trying to make mans imperfections perfect:)

My recommendation is to NOT get 6.5" pads for it. Get 5.5" pads or smaller. The PC doesnt' have enough power to decently correct paint with a 6.5" pad. I have 5.5 and 4" pads for my PC

The only ones I've used so far are Lake Country pads.

3M makes excellent pads too, as does Meg's. I've never used them on a random orbital, though.

Damn dude that looks good! Did you top with Aquawax or 425? Should be awesome when you do the full correction. I might get a Makita 9227 for Xmas...

Thanks! No topper, just OE. I finally finished at 9:15 last night. OE takes forever to set up when it's that cold out.

hahahaha pete i hate you , your car looked so good that i just washed mine in 25 degree weather and just applied some meguires paste wax ,,, my arm hurts

:D Thanks again!

I was in a heated garage last night, and used Optimum No Rinse for washing.

Do you have a Harbor Freight nearby? If so, head in and pick up some Collinite 845. Awesome stuff for 14 bucks! Plus, you can apply it real quick when it's cold outside :)

You think your arm hurts? Try applying a wax BY HAND. No applicator. I mean, my fingers get sore when I give the girlfriend a backrub. This is like doing 5 in a row...

I took a couple breaks while applying it, actually.

You know you've got the bug when you can't bear the look of a dirty car, and run out to wash it in below freezing weather :D

I might get a Makita 9227 for Xmas...

That would be a wise choice. I'm going to be using one here pretty soon ona Ford F250 for a guy who took it to his truck first with a wool pad. Wants me to "undo what he did"... Told him I'd give it a shot. I think the only thing he's upset about is he didn't step down to a finishing polish. I let him know, but he's afraid to touch it again. So... he's paying me to fix it for him.

ya no :q:q:q:q, i went to carwash then came home to my heated garage as well lol,, will also be cooled this summer hahahahaa. what is no rinse, you jsut spray on and wipe off and it cleans grime off????

Yep... easier than washing your car the regular way!

Justin uses this method when he details, so you can see first hand the process when he comes to do your LS.

I really like it because I can do it in the heated garage, and not have to use a hose. What I do is go to the wash bay at the car wash first, pressure wash the bad parts, then drive home to the garage, and use the ONR.

It's also a versatile product, as in different dilutions it can be used as a clay lube, no rinse wash, and quick detailer.

pete you need your own detail shop,,,,,but detailing may be one of those things where you love doing it to your own car but its pure hell on others

If there were enough of the proper clientele around here, I would be a full time detailer. I especially like doing a vehicle other than my own. It's a sense of accomplishment when I can see the turnaround.

In a perfect world, I'd own my own detail shop :D

Yea I'm most likely going to pull a hood or two from the junkyard and go from there. Should be interesting. I'm gonna try and get the Makita through Phil on that sale for like 175.

I didn't know Phil's sale included polishers/tools. Normally they don't.

Good move on the rotary!

Oh hey Pete. In lieu of your ridiculous orders I was just stopping by to say to you, my good friend, to SUCK IT! :p

Just got a bunch of stuff for Xmas... and here we go.

Duragloss Total Performance Polish 105
Duragloss Marine RV Polish 501
Red CCS Euro Foam Hand Polish Applicator
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 32oz.
Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner Combo (Gallon and 32oz size)

Now how about I make you jealous for a change... :cool:

Makita 9227CX3
(Comes with backing plate and a couple pads and handles)

Ever hear of Werkstatt... :D
Acrylic Jett: Trigger
Carnauba Jett, 500 mL
Prime, 500 mL
3 Bottles with Trigger Sprayer, 500 mL
3 Bottles with Dispensing Cap, 500 mL
2 Prot Applicators

Can't wait to get nasty with this stuff.

Nice order! Where's the pics?

I just got 2 of the euro red ccs applicators in my recent order as well. Looking forward to hearing how you like the DG 105. Let me know the difference from just 501, to after the 105. I may have to order a bottle from my local carquest...

You've wanted to try Werkstatt trigger for a while. I can see why, since I've never read a bad review. Seems to be awesome stuff.

You'll love ONR. Although I'm sure you're going to do what I did, and wish you had just ordered a Gallon :D

The last items you listed are just empty bottles, right? Where do you order them from?

Congrats!

I just placed another order from Justin. Getting some more shags, a pack of all purpose mf's to replace some of the ones that were destroyed by the steel wool incident, and a gallon of Optimum Power Clean. Should have that one by Tuesday. :D

Here's a small order that I got on wednesday from Phil. I didn't know the Swissvax leather brush was so small:

order.jpg

Just ordered it all last night. I can draw you a picture of what it would look like sitting on a table but that would be no fun. Yeah I just ordered a bunch of empty bottles(from Werkstatt). If they are the same quality as the ones that the products come in, they are a hell of a deal. $1.50 a piece. Apparently 105 is a lot more durable than 501, just with less cleaning properties. I almost ordered that leather brush as well, I need more research. I'll probably be using the 105 exclusively for the wheels, maybe I'll try it on a panel compared to Werkstatt.

Did I forget to say I have an antique bottle of DG 111? At the local carquest a couple months ago, and was browsing their DG stuff, when I say an old box containing 111. I asked if they had any new ones, since I wanted to give it a try, but didn't want to buy an ancient product. The guy just gave me the old bottle for free. I'm afraid to try it. I don't think I will. I'll probably just toss it.

What do you know about sealant shelf life?

Did I forget to say I have an antique bottle of DG 111? At the local carquest a couple months ago, and was browsing their DG stuff, when I say an old box containing 111. I asked if they had any new ones, since I wanted to give it a try, but didn't want to buy an ancient product. The guy just gave me the old bottle for free. I'm afraid to try it. I don't think I will. I'll probably just toss it.

What do you know about sealant shelf life?

I know you should try it on your GF's car so we don't have to worry.:D This box? http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-clear-coat-polish.html

Nope, not that box. I'll take a picture of it when I get home this afternoon.

the GF's car gets all the experiments done to it :D

Nope, not that box. I'll take a picture of it when I get home this afternoon.

the GF's car gets all the experiments done to it :D

Haha nice, try out that concoction I sent you on hers. Does she work with you or do something else?

Are you kidding? We've been together for like 3 or 4 years now. If we were never away from each other, we probably would've broken up after 3 or 4 months. :lol:

That's the secret to making relationships work. Get together to eat, sleep, f*ck, then stay the hell out of each other's way. That's what to do :D

But to answer your question; no, she doesn't work with me. She's a nurse.

Members online

Back