Lincoln LS Detail

What I charge and what he charges are probably 2 different things. I'll leave it up to him to give you a price. If you'd like, you can pm me what his estimate was, and I'll give you my thoughts. I know it will be a fair price though.

Are you just looking at a strict exterior detail? No interior, engine, just paint?

just paint, im pretty good at the interior stuff. Ive actually had thoughts of my own detail business out here but i can tfind a good location. i also wanted to include custom wheels and custom mods. I would either hire a pro detailer or two, or just go take a class or something to get the hang of it, again location is key and there are none around. the shops around here mostly just wash and then spray wax lol. I went with my brother to pick his truck up one day and they were using spray wax. i chuckled when he said he paid 60 bucks. they have never even heard of a clay bar........but he still goes there like an idiot.

hey, i live in the area what shop do u own??
unreal i live here and never heard of this guy, checked his site and i think ill be giving him a call. i really need the swirls removed from my car before the spring. crazy.best part is that they come to youQ!!!!!!

Hey!

I own Obsessive Detail. I do mobile detailing in the warmer months and detail out my house and buddys shop in the winter months.

For a car your size, you are looking at $300-$350 range to get swirls removed. I will also wash,claybar,and put on a wax or sealant for you. Windows, tires, and fenderwells are also included in the price.

I'm from Westville, what town are you in?

Catlin, which shop does your buddy own???

It used to be Westville Auto, now he moved it next to his house on Virginia Street. Rick Duprey is his name.

I've done a lot of vehicles from Catlin! You don't see too many people from the forums that are local!

i know that is why i am so surprised. as youve read its been hell finding a good detail guy, i would love to pick your brain while you work on my car if thats ok. would you consider coming to my place to do it? i have a heated garage so its all good. what about a discount for two cars?? i have 2 ls's

It used to be Westville Auto, now he moved it next to his house on Virginia Street. Rick Duprey is his name.

I've done a lot of vehicles from Catlin! You don't see too many people from the forums that are local!

does he have any brothers?? i seem to remember some dupreys from danville, johnny maybe??

i know that is why i am so surprised. as youve read its been hell finding a good detail guy, i would love to pick your brain while you work on my car if thats ok. would you consider coming to my place to do it? i have a heated garage so its all good. what about a discount for two cars?? i have 2 ls's

I could come to your place, usually if I'm doing paint correction I bring them back to my place. Really good lighting is very important when doing paint correction.

I could workout a deal for you. The final price really just comes down to how many hours I'm going to have in the detail. I would come look at the vehicles and give you an estimate first.

Rick only has one brother that I know of and he lives in Covington, his name is Lonnie. He owns Duprey Construction.

I could come to your place, usually if I'm doing paint correction I bring them back to my place. Really good lighting is very important when doing paint correction.

I could workout a deal for you. The final price really just comes down to how many hours I'm going to have in the detail. I would come look at the vehicles and give you an estimate first.

Rick only has one brother that I know of and he lives in Covington, his name is Lonnie. He owns Duprey Construction.

last year i took my car to catlin auto, the guy there details and it was a joke, im no pro but i do way better work and if im paying some =one i expected it to be better. so he sucks lol. better wetter, joke , they just use spray wax and the clientel is les than desirable. the one on vermilion i had heard rumors of cars coming up stolen a few months after being there, i took it there and he didnt sound like he knew much . its been exhuasting. so as i ramble i have your number and i will be calling you for that estimate, it prob would be better to be at your place considering i havent put drains in the garage yet. thanks

last year i took my car to catlin auto, the guy there details and it was a joke, im no pro but i do way better work and if im paying some =one i expected it to be better. so he sucks lol. better wetter, joke , they just use spray wax and the clientel is les than desirable. the one on vermilion i had heard rumors of cars coming up stolen a few months after being there, i took it there and he didnt sound like he knew much . its been exhuasting. so as i ramble i have your number and i will be calling you for that estimate, it prob would be better to be at your place considering i havent put drains in the garage yet. thanks

That sounds great!

I get more and more customers everyday from the 2 places that you mention. My prices are a lot higher than both of those places, but I have better equipment and products than they do. I do quite a bit of work up at Chateau Estates and Denville. I also have a deal setup with Walgreens accouting, I detail 1-2 days every week there when it is warm.

That sounds great!

I get more and more customers everyday from the 2 places that you mention. My prices are a lot higher than both of those places, but I have better equipment and products than they do. I do quite a bit of work up at Chateau Estates and Denville. I also have a deal setup with Walgreens accouting, I detail 1-2 days every week there when it is warm.

unreal ive never heard of you before. ya these shops around here are a joke at best. you will hear from me soon

Just got this in the mail. don't really know anything about it, except from the picture of this porsche finished with it. The first pic is of the wax I received:

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_5567.JPG

Oh boy that Porsche is hot. Are you gonna use ONR and apply this stuff soon?

Dude, It's below zero here.

But that can't stop me for much longer. I brought my ONR, mf's, buckets, and OE to work with me today. I might try to get into my brother in law's insulated garage with a torpedo heater tonight after work. I want to aply OE one more time before I try out the guruwax.

It sounds like you're trying to apply wax in some apocalyptic movie. "I am Detailer".

:D

it's on for tonight... cant' wait! Second coat of OE... (where's the drool emoticon?)

And, some final pics. Just wax, mind you. No correction work until this spring.

after rb5.jpg

after rb.jpg

after rb2.jpg

after rb3.jpg

after rb4.jpg

Thanks! It's really tough to get reflection shots on a light color paint like this. I was hoping to get a good hood reflection shot, since on the way to work this morning, I could only see the reflection of everything, and not my paint color at all.

I LOVE Rubbish Boys OE :D :D

im goona have justin polish my car and then prob order the portercable kit on his site, ive been u tubing and it seems fairly straight forward. id prob try on my silver ls first and move on from there. then i will really be sick, like u pete trying to make mans imperfections perfect:)

Members online

Back