Lincoln LS 302

Very interested in your driveshaft. As installed, does it clear all the stuff that would be in the middle from the factory? (My '02, of course, has the 'X'-pipe and resonators in that area.)

KS

My drive shaft clears everything. Check out the picks earlier in this thread.

It's a heavy walled steel three inch tube with a truck slip joint. I had to change the flange on the rear end to a 03 Cobra type.

I bought it from taddcom on ebay. I just called them up and they built a custom shaft for my car.

Do a search on "driveshaft 1350 truck" on ebay and you'll find them. Call their 800 number.

Like I said, mine vibrates and it might be out of balance but I'll let you guys know when I get it checked out.

EDIT: i was trying to comment on a post from an "unregistered guest, but then it puts my comment above his, weird.

"•Black032yCŸThis thread reminded me I need to put my deadening in and buy some subs. The ones I want are still on back order so now I'm thinking of maybe 2 Boston G5 12's.68.99.134.56ƒ"

^^^ now this is just weird, does any body else see this or is it just my computer showing this at the bottom of every thread i click on?????

I'm seeing it too. I asked about it in Alex's latest thread. The site was down earlier today and when I was finally aloud back in that was attached to every thread. We've been hacked!

EDIT: i was trying to comment on a post from an "unregistered guest, but then it puts my comment above his, weird.

"•Black032yCŸThis thread reminded me I need to put my deadening in and buy some subs. The ones I want are still on back order so now I'm thinking of maybe 2 Boston G5 12's.68.99.134.56ƒ"

^^^ now this is just weird, does any body else see this or is it just my computer showing this at the bottom of every thread i click on?????

its a post from 2050 too!
also, the "new posts" and "today posts" buttons at the top don't work either...
but, we only have one youtube video shown when they are embedded now. i like that.

sorry to hijack OP. :D

what you've built is pretty dang sweet too. keep it up.

:gr_hail:
Awesome job. Can't wait for more updates. You give new hope to an otherwise lackluster engine choice by Lincoln.

The Lincoln is currently getting some work done at a local shop.

-2 1/2 exhaust system
-Drive shaft balance
-Wheel and tire balance
-New Battery
-New key and fob programmed

I have a lot of parts to clean up the engine compartment.

Lots of details on a project like this.

When I finish up the engine compartment I will take some more pics and perhaps better video.

Stay tuned.

The car works great.

The driveshaft was out of balance but I still have a small vibration. It is caused by thevdriveshaft angle. I shifted the engine too far to the passenger's side. I am fixing this now.

Do not purchase AC compressors from a company called AlaskaFlorida on eBay. I purchased a brand new compressor from them and it lasted one hour.
The old factory Explorer compressor that I reinstalled works great.

It is nice having perfect working Air Conditioning.

The exhaust turned out great - 2 1/2 all the way back and my younger brother built it at his work.

I'm still cleaning up the engine compartment but as soon as I finish I will get more pics.

I'm thinking that you sir need to help some body develope a kit, amd wiring harness. And sell it. This is awesome. You just did something very few have tried, let alone succeed at. I commend you and if you decide to develop someting like this, i will be the first to stand in line to buy one.

Question: Do you think you can get this to translate into a bigger engine?

I'm thinking that you sir need to help some body develope a kit, amd wiring harness. And sell it. This is awesome. You just did something very few have tried, let alone succeed at. I commend you and if you decide to develop someting like this, i will be the first to stand in line to buy one.

Question: Do you think you can get this to translate into a bigger engine?

You can always stroke a 302. And if a 302 fit, a 351 would more then likely slide in as well.

Sorry about the delay, I just returned home yesterday.

I'm finishing up some detail work on the car and I'll post pictures tomorrow.

A couple of notes on the comments that I’m seeing:

This 302 swap has been more than a “budget build” so it would be unlikely that a kit would sell. Some parts would sell (i.e., COP brackets, intake adapters, etc) but most people would probably just by a 540 BMW and soup it up.

To do this car right, my budget on this car is 16K and I’m going to hit that mark after I finish the suspension and brakes.

The new Coyote engine swap would be nice but the engine is about ½ inch wider than the engine compartment. Additionally, if someone does do the Coyote swap he would be better off using a 2003-2006 LS because of the drive-by-wire electronics and can bus instrumentation. I'm not saying that it's impossible just more difficult than my swap.

All of that being said I still have tweaking to do on my Lincoln to get it to a “complete” state. It is too early to call it final but it has been my daily driver for a while now and it is bad ass :)

does the 16k include the car? otherwise you got taken for a ride on the engine/tranny and such.

It is Bad ass, I was looking at a mustang forum where a guy did a 800 dollar turbo build and it all works on a 302 I will post a link and such if I can find it.

does the 16k include the car? otherwise you got taken for a ride on the engine/tranny and such.

It is Bad ass, I was looking at a mustang forum where a guy did a 800 dollar turbo build and it all works on a 302 I will post a link and such if I can find it.

Includes the car for 2k + 800 shipping.

I built everything myself so I guess I am taking myself for a ride.

More power to the guy with the 800 turbo build.

My S2000 turbo build cost me around 8K and I did the install myself.

Detail work

I had a chance to finish up a lot of detail work on the engine compartment today:

Flex-A-Lite 31165 variable cooling fan controller
Chrome valve covers
Rerouted the vacuum lines
Cobra Earl thermostat housing adapter
Moroso filler housing
New power steering line
EGR fooler

Before

Old.JPG

After

new.jpg

I also installed a Steeda short shifter for a 05 V6 Mustang

I need to figure out the inlet tube but the rest looks pretty good.

intake.JPG

I know I'm forgetting something...

Old.JPG

new.jpg

intake.JPG

I thought the turbo was pretty cool for 800 bucks it can be down if you make a lot of your own stuff and use used parts

I think the cost of the turbo(s) is the deciding factor.

I bought an HP Performance kit for the S2000 and it was 6k by itself. Then I put another 2k into misc parts and professional tuning. It was a lessoned learned on the expensive way to do things. The kit took over a year to get to me and they sent it piece by piece. The car made 381hp though when I sold it.

This Lincoln is going through a complete rebuild. I bought 18" Wheels and tires, Kenwood DNX9980HD, brakes, suspension, and all of the swap parts. So, the swap did not cost 16K but I do have a pretty penny into it.

Once I get the some good miles on this car I'm going to do a performance adder. I'll probably go with turbos because of my experience with them and the way I built my engine with a truck cam, good head gaskets, ARP rod and head bolts. I figure it's good for up to 10 (Street) PSI and about 425hp.

All of this is another story.

Thanks for the interest!

Sweet, new pics look great. A lot of people forget there might be a 'fun factor' involved and not just dollars and cents

I just recently started following this thread and I gotta say you are going to have one mean LS! Keep up the great work!

Members online

No members online now.
Back