Lincoln LS 302

Sweet, new pics look great. A lot of people forget there might be a 'fun factor' involved and not just dollars and cents

It's all about the 'fun factor'.

Changing cars around is also an obsession of mine.

Ok, it's more of an obsession. When everything is working right, then its fun.:)

Well I'm getting a 5.8. I may shoot you an email, but I am building EFI all motor. Perfect sleeper for an LS minus the noise. I'd like to speak more on the issue if possible. I can get the gauges and windows to work no problem, it's just seeing how the motor set and where. I'm welder, by trade, so if you need anything, let me know. We can make a trade at some point?

Well I'm getting a 5.8. I may shoot you an email, but I am building EFI all motor. Perfect sleeper for an LS minus the noise. I'd like to speak more on the issue if possible. I can get the gauges and windows to work no problem, it's just seeing how the motor set and where. I'm welder, by trade, so if you need anything, let me know. We can make a trade at some point?

I will absolutely work on this with you!!! I have put countless hours into getting this engine to fit just right.

I'm a good welder but I don't have the means to fabricate the thick brackets for the original accessories to fit low on the front of the engine.

That would make this project better.

If you want to do the 5.8 (I would rather have a 351 also) take a look into converting the 5.0 Explorer cam sensor from a 99-2001 to the 351. I believe that the newer 4.2 liter trucks built after 99 have the correct oil pump drive but the body is a little different in length. There could be some fabrication fun there.

SCT Tuners Unite!

Now the fun begins.

The LS 302 is running and driving but now I need to look at tuning it properly.

Here are my issues:

1. Even though it runs and drives, the 302 does require a different tune than the 3.9.

2. I've tried several configurations on the transmission wiring but I am presented with two different TCM errors:

-1) When set to drive5 the TCM does not sense that the shift lever is connected and throws a message on the dash. In this configuration the engine runs through the entire RPM range but the solenoid resistors do get a bit hot.

-2) When set to 1 gear the TCM senses that the turbine shaft sensor is not working and limits the RPMs to 3800. I do not get the above error but I get an actual CEL code for PO715.

After installing the EGR fooler I have cleared all CELs except the following.

1. Occasionally, I get a bank 1 or 2 rich condition because of my 24lb injectors.
2. Depending on the transmission wiring I might get the TSS error.

That's it!! There are no other codes!

I have never used the SCT tuners so I would like those of you who have used the SCT tuner to chime in on this and note what you have accomplished with it.

What I would like to do:

1. Use the SCT to custom adjust the fuel and timing. What does only 3 custom tune mean anyway? I want to be able to tweak my car infinitely.

2. Use the SCT to change the RPM limiter in Neutral to set my transmission to neutral and use this as the rev-limiter for my car. In theory this will keep the TCM happy.

*Looks like fun comes in "twos".

What I would like to do:

1. Use the SCT to custom adjust the fuel and timing. What does only 3 custom tune mean anyway? I want to be able to tweak my car infinitely.

2. Use the SCT to change the RPM limiter in Neutral to set my transmission to neutral and use this as the rev-limiter for my car. In theory this will keep the TCM happy.

*Looks like fun comes in "twos".

To be able to tweak it infinitely would require the SCT Pro Racer software as well I believe.

To be able to tweak it infinitely would require the SCT Pro Racer software as well I believe.

That is correct, when you buy the three tunes they are otherwise un editable. You will need tuning software that whites tunes in the language the car reads and then you can tune it how ever you would like. The software is pricey though. I will see what I can get a hold of through my website and let you know.

Thanks guys. My experience tuning is with AEM and there is no limit when tuning with a stand alone PCM.

Yeah, stand alone it makes life a lot easier..

Too bad there isn't one for the LS or a way to adapt one.

I gave some thought to your 800 dollar turbo kit.

I have a 2.3 turbocharger sitting in the garage with only about 2000 miles on it. I pushed 18 PSI to my 2.3 Mustang N/A longblock by just changing the computer, injectors, MAF, and repinning the harness. All it cost me was $280 and a few hours of work. That car went like a rocket with the boost up to 18 but the clutch didn't last long.

--maybe I can just buy another 2.3 Style Garrett and replace my mufflers with those--

It would be really cheap to pick up an old Thunderbird/Merkur Garrett and some tubing...

Let me figure out the tune first then work on the turbos next.

Next project...

Who thinks these will fit?
photo.JPG

photo.JPG

What are they off of? (sorry pic is tiny on my phone) I would imagine if you could make an adapter almost anything could fit. But I am not sure.

And I read that guys whole thread on the turbos and I have to say he did an awesome job on the fabricating.

They are off of a 2006-2007 Jaguar S Type R and yes they do fit. THey are a direct bolt on.

I tried them today.

The 14" rotors are now on order.

Nice! What size rotors are stock?

EDIT: looked it up, 11.8" is what I found. If they are direct bolt on why the need for larger rotors? I think I'm missing something in my head.. haha.

Nice! What size rotors are stock?

EDIT: looked it up, 11.8" is what I found. If they are direct bolt on why the need for larger rotors? I think I'm missing something in my head.. haha.

the calipers are probably a direct bolt on for the spindles.
and since they bolt to the spindle, all you need to do is put a rotor under them, and bam, big brake kit.

Those are damn nice!

But are they improved over the LS calipers? The older STR calipers are brembo but they won't work with the LS control arms.

It will be interesting to see them on. Any plans for rotors or are you doing stock Jag STRs?

Bought them used off a low mileage car with brand new Red Stuff pads and stainless lines for 400 bucks. A steal if you ask me. Rotors are on order.

Those are damn nice!

But are they improved over the LS calipers? The older STR calipers are brembo but they won't work with the LS control arms.

The biggest improvement is the size of the brakes and the factory stainless lines from the Jag.

They are not Brembos but they look nicer than the Lincoln's and they are bigger.

You just jacked up the price of those, if you can find them anywhere. Awesome discovery though. Hopefully the rotors complete everything for you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back