Lincoln LS 302

...on those calipers. This board will be buying them up like crazy. A direct bolt on for bigger brakes, that could be affordable. I know I looked aroud for a set to buy already.

I doubt most will be able to afford them anyways, he payed 400 for used ones... most will not find that deal.

Dwiggy, will you please be sure to post pics once the brake upgrade is complete? Thx.

I built a new inlet tube last night.

photo.JPG

It needs some cleaning up but works pretty good.

I'll take a picture of it on the car later.

...oh yeah, this one cost me only time and mig wire. I had the old tubes laying around... YAY!

photo.JPG

I built a new inlet tube last night.

View attachment 828449655

It needs some cleaning up but works pretty good.

I'll take a picture of it on the car later.

...oh yeah, this one cost me only time and mig wire. I had the old tubes laying around... YAY!

that is something you could probably make for members for a decent price that people would buy up. If its not to time consuming and difficult.

Outstanding

Great work Dwiggy. I read your original post in November and am really impressed that you got this thing driveable in less than 6 months. I'm a stroker Windsor fan and wondered why you didn't go 408 Windsor from the start, clearly though you have covered that already. I used to own a 5.0 LX Mustand and it was great fun. Could you imagine a 500-600 hp 408/418/427 Windsor under the hood of an LS?
Man, you'd NEED those brakes for sure. Having just done front brakes on my LS, wondering how the calipers bolt to the same spot on the spindle and still clear the larger rotors. Are they that much "taller" to accomodate the hat?
The room around the engine is astounding, the 3.9 is so jammed in there.
Kudos, congrats, awesome work.

Great work Dwiggy. I read your original post in November and am really impressed that you got this thing driveable in less than 6 months. I'm a stroker Windsor fan and wondered why you didn't go 408 Windsor from the start, clearly though you have covered that already. I used to own a 5.0 LX Mustand and it was great fun. Could you imagine a 500-600 hp 408/418/427 Windsor under the hood of an LS?
Man, you'd NEED those brakes for sure. Having just done front brakes on my LS, wondering how the calipers bolt to the same spot on the spindle and still clear the larger rotors. Are they that much "taller" to accomodate the hat?
The room around the engine is astounding, the 3.9 is so jammed in there.
Kudos, congrats, awesome work.

Paul,

Nice CJ!!!

Thanks for the compliments. There is a lot of room for a 351w based engine but it requires fab work for the cam sensor and the balancer to work properly.

The brake calipers and brackets for the 2007 Jag STR fit correctly. The rotors still haven't arrived yet so I can't post a thread on that yet. It looks like a direct bolt on in the front. The rear is either going to use the stock caliper on the STR bracket or a new E-Brake clevis. Still it's all pretty simple either way.

Like I said, when I get the rotors I'll post the upgrade online.

Thanks Again.

Still looking for some help -- SCT Tuner

I've put a lot of time and money into this project. If anyone, I mean anyone, can help me figure out the SCT tune, it would be most appreciated.

There's a lot of good informaiton hear and I'm more than willing to answer as many questions on this build as possible to save others time and money on similiar projects.

Thanks,
"dwiggy"

The new Coyote engine swap would be nice but the engine is about ½ inch wider than the engine compartment. Additionally, if someone does do the Coyote swap he would be better off using a 2003-2006 LS because of the drive-by-wire electronics and can bus instrumentation. I'm not saying that it's impossible just more difficult than my swap.

now i was reading that they were the same size width wise and that it would fit it would just be a tight fit. how sure are you that it is a 1/2 inch to big? Also instead of a kit maybe you could put together a parts list of all the parts you used what cars you got them from or sites, and what you you had to fabricate your self. almost like a final write up at the end of the build to give atleast a good heads up on the stuff they would need if they were going to attempt this swap or the coyote swap. thanks keep up the good work

I am anxious to see the brakes. I want a set of STR calipers badly now that we see it can be done easily. Adding this, along with Hid's to my next summer list. :)

I am anxious to see the brakes. I want a set of STR calipers badly now that we see it can be done easily. Adding this, along with Hid's to my next summer list. :)

Same here, i pray everytime this thread gets bumped that the rotors got in lol

I would love to do this brake upgrade, i already have the STR wheels so i would assume no clearance issues :)

Same here, i pray everytime this thread gets bumped that the rotors got in lol

I would love to do this brake upgrade, i already have the STR wheels so i would assume no clearance issues :)

Sorry for the wait guys. The rotors aren't going to be in until the 20th. I might be able to do the Fronts before I leave again for work on the 24th...

Thanks for the PMs

I have to say, thanks for the PMs guys!

I want to make a note here about this build.

If you don't see it in the thread that is because I put so much of my time and money into the engineering of it that I do not want an individual to profit from it at my expense.

That being said, I posted 95% of what I did in this swap.

Please direct any questions pertaining to this swap directly into this thread so that others can benefit as well.

If you are ready to do this swap and you have a specific question feel free to PM me and I'll shoot you my number.

Thanks!
D.

SCT on Order

This is what I found out about SCT tuning up until now:

1. -Most customers who use SCT tuners do not tune themselves and therefore cannot answer specific questions about capabilities when dealing with different automotive configurations.
  2. -SCT products are pricey and a well kept secret.
  3. -Almost everyone who offers SCT tuning does not like to talk on the phone before you buy. (It's hard to make a spending decision if you don't know what you are buying.)
  4. -SCT offers the only solution for the Lincoln LS out of the box.

After spending a lot of time getting nowhere with the SCT information from several dealers (I will not mention names) I finally found someone who was willing to take the time and sell me his products and solutions.

Mike at More Power Tuning out of Florida:

http://www.morepowertuning.com/

I honestly do not know his reputation or experience but he gave me his time and I gave him my money.

I ordered a SCT X3, AEM Wideband, Analog cable, and performance tuning at reasonable prices.

Mike only tunes with SCT and sounded really knowledgeable.

Moving forward:

1. Install the Wideband O2 and datalog
  2. Send all files and engine parameters to Mike to build tune
  3. Wait for tune files in email
  4. Install tune file
  5. Flash Lincoln
  6. Test drive and datalog
  7. Review datalog for possible issues

sounds awesome, It's great to see people on here do something other than the same 5 things

Members online

No members online now.
Back