Lincoln center caps for aftermarket wheels

Alax7

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My wheels aren't really after market, but they aren't LS wheels, they are oem volvo wheels. Either way, matching center caps to a non ls wheels can be hard, if you want them to have the lincoln star on them. I found some decals on ebay of the lincoln star, so I bought a set. I painted the volvo center caps silver, then put on the decal, and clear coated. They looked good, but the decal was a plain lincoln star, not as nice as the lincoln star on the LS center caps.

A few weeks ago when I put on my new brake pads, I was checking out the center caps on my gen1 wheels and the lincoln star appeared to be an emblem, like the ones found on the grilles. I stuck a flat head under it, lifted and it came off. It is a small version of the grille emblem, which then gave me the idea to stick these on the volvo center caps to get that great looking lincoln star for an oem look.

They look great, much better than the ebay decals, although those are a good alternative. I ordered 4 new gen1 center caps to pull the emblems off of them to get crisp looking emblems. I'll stick them on the center caps and clear coat over to give them some protection and extra shine. I'll be getting tires for my wheels in a few weeks to mount them, finally!

I haven't seen this done before. I thought I would share so those looking at after market wheels can choose to have lincoln center caps for them too.

Sorry the close up pics are blurry. My point and shoot takes forever to capture the picture when the flash is off and with it on, everything was white.

DSC09954.jpg

DSC09955.jpg

DSC09957.jpg

DSC09948.jpg

DSC09956.jpg

DSC09947.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm always looking for that oem look.

Installed either next week or the week after, but for sure the week after spring break

Those look pretty good. Is it the camera or is the center cap a shade off?

Thanks guys, I'm always looking for that oem look.

Installed either next week or the week after, but for sure the week after spring break

Spring break is going to be a big hit for you.. lol

Too bad you couldn't fill the XC in and have LS.. That would be awesome but I bet it costs a pretty penny..

Yeah the silver isn't the right shade. I bought like 8 cans of different silvers trying to match it. I found an online place that sold OEM Volvo rim paint but said they would be out of stock for a while. I'm going to try and see if the dealer can get some and also if a wheel shop can match the paint.

I was going to get the wheels refinished and the except filled in before mounting them, but I'm just going to mount them first then save up to refinish them later on cause I want to see them in the car already.

with my wheels i just cut off the whole top of the center cap and epoxied it to the center cap of the other wheel ,it looks stock.

I thought the center caps fits on your rims sancho, good stuff.

Tru-blu, the ebay decals look just like that lincoln star, except it's just the star, not the black circle too. Those look good and are a good option, but oem emblems looks real good too.

Alax! I need to see those puppys ON! They look clean...

Looks good. The silver does look a bit off, but not too noticeable.

I am sick of seeing your LS with those stockers... You got those dam volvo wheels forever ago!

naw they were to small ,so i cut the tops off and put them on the center caps that came with the wheels..

Alex, just put one on (even without a tire) and snap a pic :D

Wheels type and more questions...

They look great BTW!
I think the 19" size is the optimal "look" for the LS.

They look like:

2011 Volvo XC-90 SUV Wheels
model: Volvo Vulcanis 8 x 19 Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels.

Where did you find these and what is the offset?
What size tires will you use?

Thanks!

They are from a volvo xc90 v8, the R "sport" model. 2006-2008. They are indeed vulcanis wheel, but I didn't know 2011 had them too. I searched ebay for a set of these for almost a year until one came up and I grabbed it without thinking twice.

19x8, offset it either 46 or 49, I dont remember. I will be using 245/35/19 tires, but I think I can get away with 255/35/19 with it's higher offset than the 19x8 that are on this site, like andrizzle's and rolling ls.

Didn't you get rid of your ls funkcity?

DSC09752.jpg

DSC09751.jpg

the side skirts? This was taken a while ago, side skirts are now color matched.

yea im running 255/35's not lowered but my offset is only 38 so 255's should be fine on yours

didnt you rub a lot when you lowered it?

Members online

Back