Lincoln center caps for aftermarket wheels

Good news for me! I posted in the other thread that you were doing to beat me but I GUESS NOT!! :D

Yeah, I thought I would too :(

I'd personally rather see wheels+other things than a turbo..

I just want to drive my ls with a turbo though! But yeah I'm excited about finially getting these wheels on too.

Yeah, I thought I would too :(

I just want to drive my ls with a turbo though!

Agreed.. I hate waiting on other people.. I'm seriously thinking about buying a MIG so I don't even have to have anyone do anything else! Good news being I have 75% of the things ordered or in hand.. :)

So I just got word from the turbo guy. The shop is too busy to take my car the week of my spring break, so the next time I'll be able to leave them the ls would be in may when I'm done with school. That's good news and bad news. Bad news, more delay on the turbo :( . The good news, I'll be able to install the volvo's over spring break and lower it and a few other little things.

Just a little update.

friggin Alex, if it wasnt bc you have my fav white LS i would hate you lol

At least something... :D

;)

Agreed.. I hate waiting on other people.. I'm seriously thinking about buying a MIG so I don't even have to have anyone do anything else! Good news being I have 75% of the things ordered or in hand.. :)

Yeah, if I could I would do it myself, but the deal is practically done, just need it installed.

friggin Alex, if it wasnt bc you have my fav white LS i would hate you lol

:p it's out of my control.

rims look good!

Thanks!

Hey Alax, how big are the center caps on the Volvo wheels? I am looking at getting some other Volvo wheels and deciding what I wanna do about the center caps.

Hey Alax, how big are the center caps on the Volvo wheels? I am looking at getting some other Volvo wheels and am deciding what I wanna do about the center caps.

2.5'' I believe.

Buy the oem center caps for the wheels on ebay, paint them silver and slap some lincoln star decals on them from ebay or the oem center cap embles like I did.

2.5'' I believe.

Buy the oem center caps for the wheels on ebay, paint them silver and slap some lincoln star decals on them from ebay or the oem center cap embles like I did.

I have another idea that I just attempted and it seems that it may work out well. The wheels will come with center caps. I took some thin polystrene that I have laying around from my ring project, laid it over a center cap from my stock center caps and heated the polystyrene with a heat gun. It molded right around the emblem. ;)

I have another idea that I just attempted and it seems that it may work out well. The wheels will come with center caps. I took some thin polystrene that I have laying around from my ring project, laid it over a center cap from my stock center caps and heated the polystyrene with a heat gun. It molded right around the emblem. ;)

It worked out great for the first attempt. I wish that I had a camera to snap a shot of it. I will use my camera from work tomorrow.:D

This was my first and only attempt at molding an emblem. I will try some other things also. I painted it so that the shape could be made out better in photo.

IMG_2020.jpg

Wow that looks really good!

Old thread bump. Thanks Alax7 for the idea.

I bought some paint from Volvo to paint my center caps. The color is almost an exact match.

Base coat on.

IMG_7903.jpg

Emblems from my old wheels.

IMG_7904.jpg

Emblems on.

IMG_7906.jpg

Clear coat over them.

IMG_7916.jpg

And finally on :D

IMG_7924.jpg

Looks really good. I was just looking at this thread the other day on how to do this.
Where did you get the wheel paint from?

Nice!

I tried looking for that bright silver volvo paint. I finally found it, bought it, then the next day I get an email about it being on back-order so I got a refund.

Where did you get it from?

The tuner kept my original center caps so I had to do new ones. The silver I used didn't match as good as I'd like but it will work for now.

Nice!

I tried looking for that bright silver volvo paint. I finally found it, bought it, then the next day I get an email about it being on back-order so I got a refund.

The tuner kept my original center caps so I had to do new ones. The silver I used didn't match as good as I'd like but it will work for now.

Wat.

Looks really good. I was just looking at this thread the other day on how to do this.
Where did you get the wheel paint from?

Nice!

I got it from here.

www.vivaperformance.com/wheel-paint-kit-volvo/

936 Bright Silver. Received it the next day.

Thats where I ordered from. I guess they have some now, cool.

^ yea dude wtf?

if someone kept my sh1t, i would be busting someone's a$$ to get it back.

I dont even know why they took them off, but he kept my center caps, cowel cover, cabin air filter assembly, washer fluid container, cats, my old throttle body, sct X3 tuner, and my second viper remote.

Members online

No members online now.
Back