LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
*runs around like a crazy dog*

*barks*

:dancefool:

IMGP1090.jpg

IMGP1092.jpg

Not sure what the big pipe in the back of the supercharger is for but I am sure I will figure it out. :)

He also sent lube and the IMRC deletes. :D

Looks positively bad ass. I am guessing the lube is for when you calculate the total bill:D

lube is prolly used all up by now, was needed for when he got it......had to rub out the wood

And I get to go watch the surgery....yay

I got dibs on 1st test drive...so Laser can monitor the tune :)

Just figured out what the tube and rear hole on the blower is for. Its to recirculate the bypass valve! :smack:

There will be many pics for the install. I was going to just go all out and get a Aeromotive dual out FPR and UPR fuel rails with all braided lines but that was pushing $450 and I think I may have just found a stock Cobra rail for $50. It may even come with the adjustable FPR. :)

I am just a tad worried looking at the screws. The have some very light nicks on the edges. I hope that is ok. Never really looked at the inside of a used one before.

The body has been painted and then the decals put on. Not sure if I will leave them on or remove them and paint it the same color as my calipers..... would be kinda cool with a CobraStar emblem painted into it.

IMGP1095.jpg

when was it last rebuilt, if it hasn't been in a while have KB freshen it up. I can't stress that enough. I've seen several preventable KB destroy themselves because they weren't maintained correctly. spend the money now so you don't have to later.

BTW my opinion take that cobra emblem off the blower.

Looks positively bad ass. I am guessing the lube is for when you calculate the total bill:D

Yeah. Thanks again for finding that for me..... dick. :p

^^Please do this^^. I didn't read about you getting this. where did you get it from?

marked8 found it for me on the Corral. I got it for a dam good price shipped. More then $2000 less then a new one. :)

Here is whats going on mine for now. I've sent a guy several messages about a KB 2.1... I've even seen a 1.8 but that guy didnt email me back either.
maybe I'll just get a Vortech.

IMG00120-20100409-2117 copy.jpg

IMG00121-20100409-2120 copy.jpg

Just go ahead and send me that rail. kthnxbai! :D

I guess I will have to get some pressure fittings and small section of fuel line to mate the Cobra rail to the stock connectors?

Just go ahead and send me that rail. kthnxbai! :D

I guess I will have to get some pressure fittings and small section of fuel line to mate the Cobra rail to the stock connectors?

I got the conectors from summit along with the AN to straight fittings. O'riellys sells the connectors with fuel line barbs in the help section for the connection at the fuel filter. KK gave me that little tip.

Yeah. Thanks again for finding that for me..... dick. :p

marked8 found it for me on the Corral. I got it for a dam good price shipped. More then $2000 less then a new one. :)

Sadly I have all of this spare time at work to just look for parts for Bill;)

Nice :D Looks like you'll need to do some more collecting to finish it. That should be a fun toy to play with once you get it together :)

I hate you soo much sometimes. Ive been wanting to do a blower build for years but never had the money, or balls to do it, and you show up and start putting together a badass mark just to show me up. You make me sick!!!!! lol

Bill, Are you going to do long tube headers to compliment that blower? If you do, can I have your cats? My son's evergreen is missing one.

Looks damn good Laser. I can just see you now on your back roads and cornering around curves.

Like phreakness said, let KB freshen it up a bit or at least have those nicks removed. You know they'll be bothering you if you leave them and put it together.

Imagine: top open, windows down, flying through the back roads at 60 to 90 mph and hearing the noise from the S.C. every time you step on the pedal, you're gonna wonder if the nicks being there are reducing any noise or taking away 1/2 hp lol

I know you Laser and never even met you. I know there will be a supercharger install thread and I'll be watching.

Members online

No members online now.
Back