In-dash DVD

I agree with you on the reasons for the navi but JWerner was talking about how watching movies on your screen is played out and screens are made just for navi now. I mean, how often do you go out of town?

I like the 7" widescreen better because when you pull up somewhere and everyone else have a 6" or 6.5" you can definately tell the difference between a 7" and anything else. They are not that big of a difference in price so go ahead and spend the extra 150-200 dollars to get the 7" because it will be the size to have for a long time and anyting smaller will eventually become discontinued.

i'm back and forth about agreeing with you. a half inch makes a difference of course but what pete was trying to say is that some people just don't care. do you remember when you went from your stock radio to your 7"? that difference is also the same for someone who upgrades stock to a 6.1" double din. what i'm trying to say is, if someone is on the fence about getting a bigger screen, like i am, then getting the bigger one might be the best choice due to the fact that later down the line it'll be more expensive to upgrade for that half inch or so. i am indeed looking for navi on the double din. these units just offer way more options. IMHO

150-200 dollar difference? A few posts back I brought up a Kenwood that was almost 7 inches and almost double the price.

I am getting this Eclipse AVN20D from my local dealer. Whit the difference in price I can finish out my system w/ new speakers in frot and a small amp/sub.

Good price too. BUT - in the description I don't see anything about DVD playback.

on second thought, i believe the DVD stands for the DVD for the Navi. someone correct me

LOL... I never blew up the picture. Normally on those closeout type places, I just read the specs.

EDIT: I still read the specs again. Nothing about standard DVD playback. So rick, you might be right about the DVD labl being for the DVD Nav.

I don't even use dvd on my dvd player (usb). That's why this is such a good choice for me. Would never use it so i won't pay for it. I do however listen to a ton of music and..gulp..talk radio. I like the HD radio too.

This model is normaly sold through dealerships ie Toyota, for dealer nav upgrades. That's why it has rear camera still as an option.

for people that would want to watch video, you still can, read the manual

maybe because it's the avic d3, not the avid d3?

EDIT: I just checked, and didn't find it either. I know Best Buy carries the d3. I'm not sure crutchfield ever did.

I just double checked on that. On the link that NYC LS8 gave on page 2, it shows that the 5120 has 2 pair of 2V preamp outputs.

check my post right above your's. It does have preamp outputs.

can everyone post pics of their in dash screens? i want to see all the diff ones installed.

I know I'm a few days late, but here is mine. I have a Pioneer D2. It has two seperate slots behind the screen. One for the DVD Nav maps, and one for CD's. That way you never have to take out your music to load a map, or however these ones with single disc slots work. I love mine, even though its an older model.

P4301501aweb1.JPG

I know I'm a few days late, but here is mine. I have a Pioneer D2. It has two seperate slots behind the screen. One for the DVD Nav maps, and one for CD's. That way you never have to take out your music to load a map, or however these ones with single disc slots work. I love mine, even though its an older model.

i like the size on that one and the clock looks more appealing every time i see it

i like the size on that one and the clock looks more appealing every time i see it

:) Thanks. Go ahead and buy a clock and cut-er-in. It wasn't too hard with a dremel, and I can show you how to wire it if you have trouble. I think the screen size is "only" 6.5". I really doubt there is that big of a difference in a 7" "pop-out" screen. Those look cheap, IMVHO.

Heres one. Not mine I just felt it was to nice to leave out.

Its SlickLS's whopping 7" PIONEER.

cimg0002ry7.jpg

Oh its up there no one can afford it. You see it flips out and transforms into a futuristic type of holographic 7" TELEVISION display known by Slick himself as a TV.

Members online

Back