In-dash DVD

I wouldn't take off any more than that if I were you. I suppose it could work if you did, but you'd need to epoxy it to something in order to hold it in place then. I would make sure you keep those 3 holes at the bottom.

Heh, I put a little time into shaving it tonight with little success. Actually one of the pieces slipped underneath my safety glasses and hit me in the eye. That little mofo really hurt. Anyways, I have clearance at the sides but I can't seem to get it in the top and bottom without it breaking. How much of the bottom can I take off?

A light bulb just went on in my head. Is the bezel only supposed to go on the front part of the unit? If it does, that explains alot. When I say front, I mean no over the metal behind it.

That's how I installed it. I mounted the unit to the factory brackets, then tothe climate control unit, then installed. After it was bolted into place, I slid the bezel over the front, and wiggled it a little so it seated those pegs into the holes. When you put the vents on the top it kind of locks the bezel into place.

if the steering wheel controls are correctly working on a factory radio then yes, if the wont work correctly then no

install done... well almost

Ok, I got the DDX512 installed the other day. Everything went pretty smoothly... except I couldn't get the SWI JACK installed. I won't be really installing it until I get my clockspring replaced, but I couldn't find where to put the mini jack into the back of the Kenwood head unit. And I don't know how to wire it into the steering wheel controls. Pektel...any help?

0724081103.jpg

0724081102.jpg

I don't think you use the mini jack. Is there a blue/yellow wire coming out the same end as the mini jack?

Connect that to the "remote input" wire on the harness of the DDX512. It probably is even the same blue/yellow color.

Update: I just checked kenwood's site. The remote input wire is the light blue/yellow wire. make sure you put some electrical tape over the jack you won't be using, so it doesn't cause some type of weird interference when it makes contact with metal. I had to do that with the RCA's on the back of mine.

im looking for a double DIN touch screen primarily for mp3/dvd, not so interested in the nav feature. im liking what i see here, is anyone running anything else within a reasonably modest price range??

I think that Kenwood that Firthockeydog installed did not have a built in navigation. Model DDX512. Check out sonicelectronix.com for cheap prices. Or woofersetc.com

Well, I was going to say that warranty issues are more easily taken care of from an actual storefront, than trying to email. But I've heard Best buy doesn't have the best track record for honoring their aftermarket warranties they sell.

Members online

No members online now.
Back