In-dash DVD

yes all double din installs will need the parts from the d3 thread

when you install these DVD, navi units can you still use the volume and seek settings on the steering wheel

My bro is selling a DDX-712 brand new in the box. He had a clarion flip-up and sent it to the seller for waranty work, they stop making his radio, gave him a credit, lost his vehicle, and then bought the Kenwood as a replacement. Dont know price yet but its never been hooked up.

Myself, I'm looking into getting the Kenwood DNX-8120, I dont like the DDX. I messed up my factory nav (dont ask) and this is one thing Im considering.

so this SWI-JACK makes your buttons on your stereo wheel like a wireless remote? i googled and thats what i got from the discripstion

so this SWI-JACK makes your buttons on your stereo wheel like a wireless remote? i googled and thats what i got from the discripstion

I have installed many different steering wheel adapters and all of them require you to buy an aftermarket stereo that comes with a remote control. You will use the remote to program the steering wheel controls. Once the buttons are programmed you will be able to use them for whatever function off of the remote you programmed them to.

Ok, I dremeled the bezel, but I need to know if the top lip needs to be taken off. As you can see, the Kenwood doesn't quite fit in yet. And I need to be certain not to risk another 80 bucks for another bezel. :p Thanks ahead of time.

bezel 1.jpg

bezel 2.jpg

bezel 3.jpg

I cut slits in the 4 corners of the bezel to get the bezel opening to flex to open more.

Can you slide the kenwood sleeve in through the front of the bezel? That is probably what I would do, but then again it might not work because then it might sit to far back in the dash. I would love a double din but I just traded an iphone for a kvt 815 kenwood DVD and a rear view mirror with a 4'' tv in it. Still haven't put it in waiting on some parts to come and the pioneer deck I have now can push all 6 speakers just fine. I will need an amp for them once I put the kenwood in.

And it's time again for a pektel post :D

I just went out and took off my bezel. Here's how much material is left on mine. I didn't have to make relief cuts, but the unit I have is slightly smaller in size than the avic d3.

P7090145.jpg

P7090146.jpg

P7090147.jpg

P7090148.jpg

Oh, and I'll add that you won't be able to use the sleeve on your double din. You're going to have to re use the factory brackets off your factory head unit, and probably have to drill new holes into the bracket to line up with some holes on the unit itself.

Try small slits in the corners...then get progressively larger as needed. be careful

he may not need them though. If you do decide to make relief cuts, do them from the back side

I just went out and took off my bezel. Here's how much material is left on mine. I didn't have to make relief cuts, but the unit I have is slightly smaller in size than the avic d3.

:bow:

:D

Pete, you have way too much time on your hands, lol :p

Yep. If you check out the bottom of your bezel, you'll see the three holes where it locks into the pegs on top of the climate control. The material is removed almost all the way up to those 3 holes.

I just noticed that it's in the 3rd pic I posted. You can sort of use those 3 holes as a guide for how much material to leave all the way around. Of course, you can leave more if you like, but it's already a tight fit getting the damn thing in there. And I didn't want more crap to get in the way.

Members online

No members online now.
Back