• Several times a week

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • MANY times a week!

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters

KingJacobo

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
How often do you just put the pedal to the floor in your marks and what's the mileage?

I drive like a granny 95% of the time and only floor the car around twice a month, if it's called for or if I want a rush. 120k on the clock.

Both of my cars get the pedal to the metal multiple times, every time I drive them.

The 97 is my daily driver with 178k miles (about 85k on the engine, original transmission).

The 98 LSC has about 113k miles.

The engine is so intoxicating that I HAVE to do it at least every other day. I run errands in the car a lot and have 61k+ miles. There's many occasions when I turn down my new tunes just to hear the purr of my pretty kitty. :D

I love this thread!!! Awesome idea.

at least once in the morning on the way to work and at least once in the evening on the way home from work. its nice living and working right next to the highway.

Rarely. I'm sure if I had a jmod I'd do it more often.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

shift

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

shift.

5 second shifts makes it sound like its going to blow up.

Pretty often, actually. Love the snarl of that four-valver. :D

Also, it's good to blow the crap out of it once in a while, kinda the automotive equivalent of a good sneeze. Car just feels better.

shift

shift.

Really liked that interpretation caprice. I almost even heard that car shifting. :p

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiift

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiift.

Fixed

Every race track weekend about 9-12 times and most of the time at least once when pleasure driving.

umm the only way i drive it is wide open and the body has 176k and motor has about 110k

Not every time, I live in a rural area and when I go to the store I cruise. I have one deer on this Mark already.

However I make up for that when ever possible. Maybe 4 WOT excursions going to town and back today. She likes to go fast, who am I to tell her different?

I need to do the exhaust on my black '97 so I can feel more tempted! I used to drive my '93 like I stole it ALL THE TIME! These Gen II's are slower, quiet exhaust so I'm not as tempted but it does indeed happen a few times p/month.

not very often :(..now if mine had a 4000K stall converter with 4:10 gear and a stronger trans with a Jmod and exhaust...thennn I would be hammer down everytime I drive it...like sbcaprice305 said..the lazy shifts suck.

I thought "it" only happens once per month unless she misses and then it's uh-oh. :p

19092608_zpscd622c89.jpg

Love coming around a cloverleaf on-ramp, about 35mph... O/D off, WOT at exit of the corner... so much fun.

Though the 1-2 shift does sound like the car's about to blow up. Until the tires chirp going into 2 :cool:

Ha, I don't know if I should mention this for risk of looking like a complete idiot but I will anyways. :p Came back from the dyno tune in June. My 1-2 shift is just about at 7Krpms and the 2-3 is at about 6900. I decided to dance on the line of disaster just once. I manually shifted into first and cracked off into 2nd gear hitting the 7200 rpms rev limiter. Welp, the battery light flickered momentarily. Needless to say, I replaced my alternator just a few weeks ago. LOL I will say, it sounded bad as hell at 7200 rpms but I won't be doing that again. LOL

Members online

No members online now.
Back