How much money would it take for you to sell your mark as it sits.

$2000 for the car and all the parts to fix it, come get it

Is that price negotiable?

I'd rather not post what I'd take for my car and if someone would offer it to me idk if I could actually sell it. I assure you though its about 10x the blue book on it.

$500 but If I get used tires put on, oil in the motor and used battery (car not good enough for a new battery) I will sell it for $550.

So, I was thinking about this and decided to look up an old post of mine. It's from an old thread started by Gman.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=308018&postcount=75
At that point, over 3 years ago, I had put almost $23,000 into my 98 LSC. Since then, around this time of the year, I've put about $3000 or more into it each year, so it's easily over $30k that I've spent on it. Probably closer to $35k. That's without labor charges! I do all the work I can myself. If I didn't, I couldn't afford this car. There's no way. It would still be bone stock if I had to pay someone to do all of the stuff that I've done to it.

For me to sell it today, I'd probably have to have someone offer me close to $20k. I know it's not worth near that much, even with my mods, but I don't WANT to sell it. If I was in the mood to sell it, I would probably ask for somewhere around $8k, but I don't know that I would get even that. I wouldn't really want anything else. I KNOW this car. I know exactly what's been done to it and how it was done. I'm not gonna get that with any other car. It's gonna suck, the day that I have to buy another car. It's probably gonna have to be brand new. I bought my 97 at the beginning of 2008 for $900 with high intentions of it being a parts car. 30k miles, a junkyard engine, all 4 corners of air ride, and a whole front suspension later and it's still driving me to work every day. I'd let that one go for much less (probably $3-4k), but I still wouldn't want to. Again, I've done so much work on it, that I feel like I have to keep it.
There's probably something wrong with me. When I decided not to part the 97 out, I always told myself that I'd part it if/when something big went out on it. Well, even when the engine broke a piston rod, I couldn't stand the thought of parting it out. I went looking online that day for a replacement engine and went that route. It's probably gonna take a major accident, or sudden poverty for me to want to get rid of them...

Anyway, sorry I wrote so much.

In short,
for me to sell the 98 today, $20k
the 97 today, $3k-4k....but I'd have to know of another one for sale somewhere that I could buy with that money. lol. :D

If someone offered me $4500 for mine (basically what I have into it), I would sell. Most likely take the cash and go get a new 5.0 GT. :lol:

Found a notch for sale on Craigslist locally tonight, and it made me think....lol.
I think they wanted $3k for it. I just love the way they look.

Found a notch for sale on Craigslist locally tonight, and it made me think....lol.
I think they wanted $3k for it. I just love the way they look.

Same here. $3k isn't too bad. Foxbody prices are getting out of hand. Most clean notches average about $4500 or more. Kicked around the idea of building a turbo notch, but don't know. After having one for 2 years, I am kind of on the fence.

My GT was fun, but definitely not very civilized. Not to mention that the panels were cheap. I could bend the door frame by hand. :lol:

Yeah, after owning Mark's for so long (bought my Mark VII back in 97), it'd be really hard for me to drive an older Mustang. Awesome cars, but as you said, not very civilized. I've been spoiled.

Yeah, after owning Mark's for so long (bought my Mark VII back in 97), it'd be really hard for me to drive an older Mustang. Awesome cars, but as you said, not very civilized. I've been spoiled.

Exactly. I don't miss having a sore back after being in the fox for an hour. The interiors suck, and not comfortable. Most likely only been newer stangs from here on out. I've driven a few New Edge, and 05+, definitely much nicer.

I say this now, and in a few months, watch, will see a "look at my new fox" thread by me. :lmao:

you need serious help if you wouldnt take 100k for your mark, first car or not i wouldnt even look back for 100k

I guess I need help then! It's different for me though like I still live at home I'm still in highschool, I don't NEED that 100k I got a job and it does me fine. I would rather own my first car that i paid for, I dreamed about, I worked hard for and earned it. Nothing else can replace the feeling I have when i open my shop door and see my car knowing that it is legit mine in every way possible.

Thats nice and all but I call BS on the not taking 100k. You would if the stack was layed out in front of you. Dont care if its your first and you bought it, to turn down an offer of 50x the cars value is pure dumbancy.

I paid Jamie $2000 for mine but since getting it, I have put new tires on, swapped interiors over to black, bought a NIB grille, NIB headlight housings and some other things. I seriously hope to have this car when my son hits 16 and he's 8 right now. He wants it or says he does. It might sound unrealistic to everyone else and idc but it would take at least $4000 to get this car away from me and I still wouldn't be happy about it. I know I would never get it from anyone on here but I'm never looking to sell it either so it really doesn't matter.

i think i have such a attachment to mine because i fixed dam near everything myself. All the sore spots have been converted so i wont have to worry about them. susp fixed, hids,neon(oem but have a glitch), telo wheel, blend door act...you name it..its dam near perfect right now. So once i land a job it will be tint, and perf mods(tune,410's,stall). After that i'll play it by ear..

Def my fav car!!

Members online

Back