How much are 97-98 OEM rims going for

blowngt

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've had these sitting in my garage collecting dust, so I figured it was time to clean them up and see how much they're worth:

ebsx.jpg

4ib6.jpg

The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires have less than 2k miles on them ($135 each), and the rims look good as new after a quick rinse.

Is there a market for these, or should I just sell the tires separately??

That's my setup exactly! Hmmm... I wonder how much shipping to California would be. Probably $200, huh? UPS is out of their minds at this point.

To a northern guy they might be worth 400-450 shipped. Something like that would be best to sell locally for 300~ though.

That's my setup exactly! Hmmm... I wonder how much shipping to California would be. Probably $200, huh? UPS is out of their minds at this point.

Yeah, the last time I sent rims via UPS they were out of their minds high.

To a northern guy they might be worth 400-450 shipped. Something like that would be best to sell locally for 300~ though.

I appreciate the feedback.

If I can't get a local sale, I'll probably try ebay.

At least I know where to more or less start.

Thanks again........

They have no value. If you send them to me I will dispose of them for you. :D

I just sold 4 octistar wheels with good tires to a member in Massachusetts. $395 for the wheels and $121 to ship from Florida to MA. I used shipNEX.com.

I just recently sent 4 chrome 10-spokes from South Carolina to New Jersey through USPS ( yep, you read that right) for less than $60. I put 2 wheels in each box (total of 2 boxes), and they were each less than $30. I think the total was a little over $58. I used a couple "medium size" moving boxes from Lowes, and put some cardboard between the two wheels. I think the box dimensions were 18" x 18" x 16".

Obviously, that was without tires...

mid missouri to ohio, 4 chrome 10 spokes, 250 and like 80 shipping. i shipped with fedex.
shoulda asked more, i didn't have any issue selling them.

Guys just FYI, I didn't buy them so feel free to contact him if anyone wants them, they are still up for grabs. He wants $500 for them so I'm definitely passing on them. I got the chrome set on my prairie tan for $275.00 with tires w/50% wear on them. I spent $60.00 in fuel to pick them up but that's it. I think they are just a little steep for me at $500.

Don't care what brand tire it is, a used tire is a used tire, valued at $40 a piece at almost any Used Tire place. Which is a reasonable $160 value on rubbers

I could see a Mint set going for $340, but that's a bit steep for stock wheels. Save $200 more and get a set of brand new 18" OE FR500s :)

Seeing those prices me thinks I should sell the Octi's sitting in my garage now :shifty:

I listed them on ebay for $400.

Thanks for the input (both positive and negative).

In my opinion, that's a good deal. You don't have to pay to have them mounted, balanced, and new stems. You don't even have to clean them!

Thanks.

I didn't think that $350 for the rims and $150 for the tires (mounted and balanced) was unreasonable.

You could list a brand new forged engine for $500 and you'd still have someone asking for a deal. Just the way the forums are sometimes.

If I needed to put 450 bucks worth of new tires on corroded or one of the uglier Mark viii wheels I'd much rather buy this set. Good luck!

what are they worth? you'll know when they're sold....apparently they're not worth 500....i recently got 3 used (70%-90% tread life) kumho 245/45/17 tires, mounted and balanced for 150....if you were local and i needed em i'd do 300... but I'd rather hub swap

My problem is I really don't need this set & definitely don't need the tires. I have a full spare set of tires off of my donor car. I just wanted a spare set of chrome wheels to put away in my shed. I told him straight out that I respected his price, just not ready budget wise to spend that on a luxury. Not a necessity.

Price is what someone will pay for them .... How much will you get all depends on how long it take for the fish to bite or how long you want to sit and fish. They look nice good luck ...

Thanks.

I didn't think that $350 for the rims and $150 for the tires (mounted and balanced) was unreasonable.

You could list a brand new forged engine for $500 and you'd still have someone asking for a deal. Just the way the forums are sometimes.

Man, I have learned that on here, you just about have to give something away in order for it to be a deal to someone. List them on eBay and they'll sell but the whole $500 might have to include shipping too. Maybe add $50 on shipping. Anything with value for these cars needs to be put on eBay because it will sell to someone and whats sad is that the person that buys it is most likely from here lol. Just don't assume that this is the only group that will buy Mark VIII related parts. I'm about to list my set of Gen 1 headlight housings on there sometime this month. They'll sell on there for $450-$500 but here, maybe $300 with the rings that I have to go with them.

Yeah, we're a bunch of cheap asses for the most part.

Gave up selling on the forums, I just put it all on ebay. I don't know if it's my ebay name or what but I sell everything Mark related I list. :)

Man, I have learned that on here, you just about have to give something away in order for it to be a deal to someone. List them on eBay and they'll sell but the whole $500 might have to include shipping too. Maybe add $50 on shipping. Anything with value for these cars needs to be put on eBay because it will sell to someone and whats sad is that the person that buys it is most likely from here lol. Just don't assume that this is the only group that will buy Mark VIII related parts. I'm about to list my set of Gen 1 headlight housings on there sometime this month. They'll sell on there for $450-$500 but here, maybe $300 with the rings that I have to go with them.

Yeah, we're a bunch of cheap asses for the most part.

Gave up selling on the forums, I just put it all on ebay. I don't know if it's my ebay name or what but I sell everything Mark related I list. :)

I appreciate the comments guys.

I don't think the "cheapness" is limited to just this forum. It just seems that people are looking for bargains on the forums. It is what it is. They'll sell for what they sell for. I don't need the cash, but I do want them gone from my garage.

Members online

Back