How many people want bodykits?

Well that's your preference. I and others from what I read would like the look for their car. I do like the front end custom that was posted on the black mark. Gives a nice aggressive sporty look. It would be nice to have some fog lamps that look like they belong there.

not really body kits just a new front bumper cover with something a bit more aggressive and maybe a spot for some fog lights.

If you dont like bodykits and you dont agree with the comments that are made, dont post on this thread. All the negative crap is not needed in this thread, we want them and some dont leave it at that. Dont tear someone down b/c thier stlye differs from yours. Your just wasting your time and making trouble.

Last edited:
so this has been going on since 8/08 is there any real progress on this?

i am in for a kit for gen II and would like to see something that replicates blue_t's grand am front valance... most definitely the best I have seen to date...

and of course as like most gen II owners the infamous cowl hood...

when o when will that ever happen???

this is making me feel a junkie waiting for the next fix...

Yes, progress is being made on this. I have talked to Speed Demon since before this thread started and have been keeping in touch with him.

First ... This isn't his business he just happens to have access to a place that can make the kits. He's doing all the leg work on this by himself. He's trying to make these kits as affordable as possible. He's one of us... I guy with a Mark VIII who wants to do what he can and as affordable as he can to make his Mark VIII a sweet ride.

So this is not a fly by night thing. The molds are being made. He just wants it to be something that you guys are going to like.

Iiiiii Dont Want A Bodykit!!!

Brandon don't be an @ss on this thread ... it's not a thread for idiotic flaming. If you don't want one then don't post.... You can flame with KK in other thread..

No, Im gonna be like you and post useless comments on every body's threads.. THANK YOU have a nice day. You guys have got to be kidding if you actually want body kits.. and to call them body kits is even more ricer.

Ummm remember some people don't share your opinion. Personally I don't like body kits but others do. We have a member who is offering a service and doing a lot of work for our membership so please don't turn this thread into one of your trash posts.

You said molds are being made. :eek: By prey tell what kind parts will they make? My curiosity is peaked.:GotPics:

So this is not a fly by night thing. The molds are being made. He just wants it to be something that you guys are going to like.

As a businessman who deals specifically with new product introductions of every kind for retail, may I suggest that Speed Demon get some customer input into his design.

His customers are right here. He should be as transparent as possible in the development phase to make sure the final design satisfies the MAJORITY of customers. There will be some members who will disagree with the final design and will not purchase. Speed Demon should look to come up with a design that MOST members agree with.

I would start out with some cad drawings (photoshops) to get everybody on the same page.

I would also make people put up or shut up by requiring a small deposit to 'hold' a production slot. This will help to sift out the dreamers from the do-ers, so to speak.

I am not sure because i would have to look and I'm too lazy, but is there a design that would fit both 1st and 2nd Gens? Someone please advise with facts.

If Speed Demon hits a road block, I'd be happy to help out where I can.

Hey as taken input from many people from what I've heard...

And he's been reading the post that members have been leaving.

Bryan send Speed Demon a PM if you want to help him with this...

He's has a very good support network from what I know. Friends with a successful speed shop and he use to work making the fiberglass parts ...

Speed Demon is a very ambitious member and I'm sure those wanting body kits will be pleased when they are finished. I'm just trying to reassure everyone who is interested that this is something that will be done Speed Demon has told me this almost every time we've talked which is often...

So when do you think we will be able to see this kit on a Mark? This is gettting exciting I can hardly wait to see it.

thanks for the update

mespock and monstermark have both provided some very good points...

as to a deposit I would be willing to chip in some coin to assist in any development costs but as monstermark stated being able to view some sort of possible design images would make it easier to let go of the cash...

I for one like some of the body kits "some of"... one reason is the limited amount of cars with kits as this would make my mark that much more personal and unique...

as a previous owner of a 89 cougar xr7 s/c the body kit would be to my liking...

just my two cents... and my personal tastes...

hey I for one can't stand white cars, but thats my preference...

joka

Last edited:
Thanks for keeping an eye on things while I was gone Rich. I should have prototypes/pics by spring. I just had some new ideas I want to try. I want the kit to blend with todays styles. No dated Ferrari vents, or a dozen ricer scoops all over. I am messin' around with........nevermind, I'll just show you later. It would be easier IMO if the Mark wasn't so smooth. Hard lines are much easier to lay out than a smooth sculpted design. The good thing is that the kits will be as unique as the Marks and should compliment the design, not change it. Don't worry, I'll keep everyone involved as I can during the design stage. Until pics get posted this sux for you guys, I know. I'm balancing a lot right now but things are coming along. I still have a surprise or two also.:cool:

I have followed this thread off & on.

I hear what your saying about the flowing lines. :)

My concern is the side pods. These are hard to see on the Black car that has had pix's posted.

I want a flair to act as a mud flap effect where the body rolls in below the side molding.

Is this along the lines of your thinking Speed Demon?

(growls)i really want the grand am bumper at this point I'm willing to put out $400 in 24hrs to have it in urethane. I'm sure this may sound like your avg enthusiast who makes big claims myself being different as a soldier who's in Iraq looking forward to making it back to his new toy soooo pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez some one make the gen 2 bumper at this point at any cost just pm me

Yeh im with you.

I have a black on black 97 and i want a grand am style front bumper and a cobra r cowl hood.

We dont really need a ground effects/body kit package made, it looks tacky, no matter how you swing it, it looks like a honda someone just taped or glued on, IMO. The rest of the car is PERFECT, but the front screams grand am front bumper and cobra r hood for more aggression.

Just my two cents.

If you make a front bumper and/or hood i'll buy one hands down...bout to get that tax return back as well. :)

Make Front bumper for both 1st and 2nd, all you need to do is change the top portion right???...Make them at a 2:5 ratio for both 1st and 2nd Gen owners

Im meant as for fitment...because a dealership had put a 1st Gen front on a 2nd Gen by swapping the hood and fenders to a 1st Gen without any problems or fabrication

yeh but they used bumpers, headlights, grille, hood, fenders...

way different

We dont really need a ground effects/body kit package made, IMO. The rest of the car is PERFECT, but the front screams grand am front bumper and cobra r hood for more aggression.
agreed the rest of the body is perfect, just that bland front bumper :(

U know what would raise everyone's eyebrow? A replacement bumper, not the whole kit. Just a bumper with foglight holes that looks like the Cobra R or SVT Lightning bumper. Something that sits at the same height as teh rest of the panles on the car. To be honest with you, I think that's what everyone is looking for. A nice front bumper cover to replace the plain one we have on our cars. It's weird that Lincoln never got creative with those bumpers. I would've made the LSC's with a sportier bumper with fog lights.

Members online

No members online now.
Back