How many people want bodykits?

Devil child if you make a front bumper for the gen II that looks like that black one on here I will definitely buy one, as long as its under $1000.

I think you should take the bottum half of a 96-98 cobra front bumper and mold that to the stock bumper, plus the cobra bumpers kind of look like that grand prix bumper. Also I think if you just made something for the rear that looked like the bottom piece of the grand prixs that has the exhaust tips sticking out that would look pretty cool, its simple but it wouldn't look so plain as the stock bumper. I would also like to see some sort of billet grille for the gen II's.

94markviii_arnoldrosario_34.jpg
[/IMG]
95markviii_pearl_joseph_barrett.jpg
here are a few cars with kits i've sen on the net, not a big fan, i would like that chin spoiler idea though :)

Just so you know Speed Demon is working hard to get this going for all of you who want body kits.

He's also trying to make sure that it's something that will be afforable for all.

Keep this thread rolling and keep sending him PMs to let him know you are still interested.

He has the abilty to get this rolling for you..

The second gen front bumpers will of course be under 1k. At 1000 for a front bumper a whole kit would be pushing 3k.:eek: I will also be offering them finish painted if you want. Getting the first molds done is the most expensive part. Along with all the trial and error style and fitment testing. Those kits above are ok but I don't really like the extra scoops and scallops that are just for looks. Functional front scoops/ram air/brake cooling vents are cool. We'll wait and see what everybody votes for. I feel like I'm holding onto Christmas presents, I want to tell people about everything now, but there are some things that will be more fun to wait for I guess. Glad to see all the ideas and support.:D

The wing will be for both gens. A little adjusting for the 'humps' of the two gens will be the only diffs. There will be different types depending on how aggressive you want it.

Hmmm.... If all it took was a little adjusting for the wing the LMS one would work on gen 2's.... hmmmmmm

Raised types would only need to change pillars. Always an option. Flush mounts would need to be molded differently to fit each gen. Similair designs with different lower areas to fit trunks. The different style will reflect functionality. Tight to the trunk with little extension is more for looks than function. The spoilers that function the best often only look good on race cars. I'll do my best to balance out form and function.

Lets see different types so we can really test the waters, if it makes it faster and looks good who cares if its a little high. As long as we dont end up looking like a bunch of wanna be ricers.

Last edited:

No, Sanded and glued 2" foam housing insulation... the blue stuff; covered in duct tape... And not only will it give you down force and power... but the stuff has an value of R-13, so your car will stay warmer in the winter, colder in the summer!!

Seriously, I want a Gen II kit... then I'll but a Black or gray low miles Gen II!!!!

The genII kits will come with the plywood sanded and like I said, I'll roll some paint on if you want.:D J/K I might have to do one for April fools though. So forget you read this.:cool:

I just joined today and this site is a GOD SEND. I have a Gen II that was purchased almost a year ago and am in the process of bringing it back from the dead. Like most I have searched high and low for body kits, wings, and "spoilers". So if this is going to happen I joined at the right time. I do like most of the ideas I have seen concerning what would be the best viable choice. Like the previous post I would like to see some pics.

so this has been going on since 8/08 is there any real progress on this?

i am in for a kit for gen II and would like to see something that replicates blue_t's grand am front valance... most definitely the best I have seen to date...

and of course as like most gen II owners the infamous cowl hood...

when o when will that ever happen???

this is making me feel a junkie waiting for the next fix...

Members online

No members online now.
Back