HELP!!! Need door handle!

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My drivers side outside door handle snapped off yesterday and I need a new one ASAP. I see lots of wrong color ones out there but I want a Peareleccent White one so I dont have to spend another $100 on paint. Anyone out there have one?

And yes I PM'd Jamie.

Emailed. I dont know if they will work though. First gen white is a little different. Plus I would have to change the whole housing as they are also different.
I may have no choice though as i AM NOT WILLING to keep going in the passenger side and poping the door for much longer at all. :mad:

Just spend the money on a new one. Going to end up in the same situtation again. Just leave your windows down all the time.

Why do you have to go to the passenger side? Mine broke off about 2 years ago and I just got good at grabbing my little remaining stub and pulling it up.

Why do you have to go to the passenger side? Mine broke off about 2 years ago and I just got good at grabbing my little remaining stub and pulling it up.

Same here my middle finger is going to have a six pack before I know it

Laser, I have been looking for a white GEN II door handle for about two months now and still have not found one. Couple of GEN I door handles out there though. You can get a new one for $150 with paint. (this was what Max told me) I think I might have to go through that route.

Yeah, I think I will just go that route. That way I dont have to wonder when the used one will break and I dont have to paint it. I am gonna have to wait till next week though to do it as I am pretty strapped right now.

150 dam last one I got was bout one ten. I just got a handle for 30 something paint will cost another 40-60

just get an alarm you can roll down the windows with
thats what my buddy has on his mark but his door handles work

Laser, tasca.com has all the handle parts you need and it should come painted to match. $80 to $90. Just have your VIN# handy because they'll make sure they send you the correct part and color. Yes they are new and OEM.

the :q:q:q:qing handles are pot metal, a brand new one can break just as easily as a handle thats 12 years old. new isnt the answer to everything in life! learning how to use the handle to open the door up and not to pull the door open is whats key, i pop mine open with the handle, then i use my hand and open the door from the top of the door. pot metal is weak when its new or old, the handles just plain suck.

When I got my 97 I did some searches and thought I read somewhere where lincoln fixed the handle problem on the 98

false reading if you read that. the handles were improved in late 96 production, the counter weights were molded on as part of the handle, the earlier ones were bolted on, they thickened the actual handle itself and slightly contoured the face of the handle from the old flat style. i'd put a used handle on before i spent 150 for one, i just picked 4 of them off at the junk yard for $40 bucks, 10 bucks a handle vrs 150 lol !!

the :q:q:q:qing handles are pot metal, a brand new one can break just as easily as a handle thats 12 years old. new isnt the answer to everything in life! learning how to use the handle to open the door up and not to pull the door open is whats key, i pop mine open with the handle, then i use my hand and open the door from the top of the door. pot metal is weak when its new or old, the handles just plain suck.
Yeah, nice. Eat me. I dont pull the door open with the handle, I grab the door frame after its popped. I see people having that issue all the time and hear you and Tommy and someone else always berate them for *gasp* using the door handle to handle the door as it was designed to do. :lol:

I know damn well what happened. I saw several kids running up to almost every car and opening the doors. When we decided to walk around I armed the alarm. When we came back and I went to open the car that was when the handle was messed up. I would bet some ass hat came over and tried to open the door and yanked the handle.
That was the first sign of trouble so I spent the rest of the day opening the door from the inside handle. After the show we went to the tabacco store so I had to roll up the window, that was the first time after I saw it was cracked where I used the outside handle again and it snapped right off.

Now is there a difference in the handle that would not allow a Gen 1 handle fit in my Gen 2 housing? Someone on here wants to hook me up with a first gen set that are in first gen pearl white. If they fit I may save the cash and get them and just live with the color of the handle being a little off.

Hey bill mine car is the same color of yours If you want to buy any color one and send it to me I will send you mine back, I'm completely repainting my car and its not going to be white any more so If that bails you out, as long as you take care of the shipping I'm more than glad to help. Let me know.

i think it should work laser, just the handle part will be thinner and the counterweight will bolt on. and i think mannieg's car may just be white not pearl

Thats nice of you manning but thats not necessary. Also, I dont think your car is paint code WF. I plan on repainting mine this summer too. Just didnt want to roll with a red or green handle for a couple months. :lol:

I see people having that issue all the time and hear you and Tommy and someone else always berate them for *gasp* using the door handle to handle the door as it was designed to do. :lol:

beeeRATE?

muah?....nevaaaaaar

Bill take one off your 97 and send it to Mannieg and he will send you the white one from his car. Problem solved!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back