Got my A$$ handed to me.... :(

Aside from the RWD ford apparently sucked out on it and decided not to make it a sedan with super touring car standards in performance, thats why.

That was all just facts. LS's are slow, they have problems, IE ford sucked out. All they do is look good.

SO if you bought the LS for it's looks, knowing its performance capabilities or as you might put them "limitations," then why are you bitching about the performance of it? Sure, there are other cars out there that are faster, but you are most likely going to have to sacrifice something else whether it be ride comfort, affordability, or quality to get it. If you want a fast, good looking, sports sedan go buy an M5 or a new CTS-V, of course you're gonna pay a lot more but that's the trade off. The LS wasn't built to be the world's fastest sedan, or an 800 HP drag car and therefore you can't expect it to be. MOST V8 Mustangs will hand the LS it's ass in terms of straight line performance, but throw that car into the curves vs the LS or go sit in the interior and compare the quality. How many cars can you list that have what the LS has for the price?

That was all just facts. LS's are slow, they have problems, IE ford sucked out. All they do is look good.
:rolleyes:

145+ is slow? And to be able to adjust the radio, light a smoke and drink a beer at that speed is truly a means of "sucking out" :shifty:

List me one car without problems. Honda civics are widely known for reliability.... they have recalls out.... multiple! :eek:

And as for looking good.... they dont just look good, they look DAMN GOOD!!!! :cool:

MOST V8 Mustangs will hand the LS it's ass in terms of straight line performance, but throw that car into the curves vs the LS or go sit in the interior and compare the quality.

look at the 2000 Mustang GT and the 2000 LS....bigger motor goes to the stang, but just about every other aspect of performance goes to the LS. Dyno'd with a couple mustang buddies.... bone stock I was right there with that GT. On the highway after, the big boys left me in the dust, but not that gt.

Dude LS was not "Sucking Out" The LS is a quick car! A Honda Civic..wtf dude tht a spickes car, if u think ur srdt20 is the best then your a :q:q:q:qing idiot! Honda is a piece of :q:q:q:q, get an American car! A LS :q:q:q:qing screws my car is bone stock and i smoke people all day long! if 145 is slow for a bone stock ls then idk wtf is fast cause no Honda goes over 145! U bought the car so suck it up if u got problems ovi u dont kno wtf ur buying!

Dude LS was not "Sucking Out" The LS is a quick car! A Honda Civic..wtf dude tht a spickes car, if u think ur srdt20 is the best then your a :q:q:q:qing idiot! Honda is a piece of :q:q:q:q, get an American car! A LS :q:q:q:qing screws my car is bone stock and i smoke people all day long! if 145 is slow for a bone stock ls then idk wtf is fast cause no Honda goes over 145! U bought the car so suck it up if u got problems ovi u dont kno wtf ur buying!

And there it is.....swearing and name calling.

This thread is now complete.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand cut!

I think we got it on that take guys. That's a wrap. Good job everyone.

I would like to thank all who replied and commented on this wonderful topic I started. This Grammy Award will be charished forever.. thanks again!! :p

then how is it you are complaining?

I just read this whole thread and thought the same thing. if you hate your "good looking" car so much than get rid of the :q:q:q:qer, it probably hates you too. Sounds like he needs an sti or a evo. Probably thinks he could get the benji off the dash too. Wow, seriously shut up snowseeker. You sound arrogant bitching about your LS. IT weighs 4000lbs and has under 300hp from Factory. A 4000 lb car that tacks 60 in 7 secs isnt really slow in most opinions unlesss you drive a bently or maybach but, i have my doubts theres many on here who do. Do you know what you want even.

"It looks cool, thats what I get" O if i had a dollar for every time I heard that.

And as to the First post. SPANKY the Nissan. Are you sure it wasnt a 3.5 Maxima. I was running down i80 a while back this last summer and had a dark grey maxima fly by at about a buck 10. I had a full car but none the less decided to see if his top end is what mine is. around a buck 20 after i caught up he wasn't picking up so much, my foot wasn't even close to out yet. I know id get smoked off the line by a 3.5 maxima but sorry, I got the top end. and my car sounds much better. It was fun though. he didnt look away when i pulled up and passed his drivers front fender. He smiled and gave a thumbs up. His Girl friend was HOTT too. all 4 buddies agreed.

Before anyone makes a dumbass comment. We were coming back from Brickyard, so there ya go.

Very Well could have been a 3.5 .. I was going with the bigger engine for the HP comparison...does that 3.5 come in a manual? It sounded like he did have one...

not sure for sure but i believe they do come in a manual. fiance's uncle had an 06 that i remember being quick. I never rode in it as he got on it but saw it a time or two and yeah, he said he bought it because it was the fastest 4 door he could get under 35k. spose that could be true, i dont know but the Maxima is deffinatly a car I wont put in SST for from a standstill. If you know what I mean.

SO if you bought the LS for it's looks, knowing its performance capabilities or as you might put them "limitations," then why are you bitching about the performance of it? Sure, there are other cars out there that are faster, but you are most likely going to have to sacrifice something else whether it be ride comfort, affordability, or quality to get it. If you want a fast, good looking, sports sedan go buy an M5 or a new CTS-V, of course you're gonna pay a lot more but that's the trade off. The LS wasn't built to be the world's fastest sedan, or an 800 HP drag car and therefore you can't expect it to be. MOST V8 Mustangs will hand the LS it's ass in terms of straight line performance, but throw that car into the curves vs the LS or go sit in the interior and compare the quality. How many cars can you list that have what the LS has for the price?

Did you read? I am not bitching or complaining, I was stating facts. The rest of your paragraph is pretty much what I have been saying this whole time...

:rolleyes:

145+ is slow? And to be able to adjust the radio, light a smoke and drink a beer at that speed is truly a means of "sucking out" :shifty:

List me one car without problems. Honda civics are widely known for reliability.... they have recalls out.... multiple! :eek:

And as for looking good.... they dont just look good, they look DAMN GOOD!!!! :cool:

Any heavy POS can do 145. My bone stock crx can do 145. lol Thats not that kind of speed I am talking about. I was talking about track performance. Speeds from 0-100-0 and cornering ability. With the tranny being the POS that it is really makes the LS suck on the track.

List a car without problems? They all have problems but yes a civic has less problems and when they do have problems just like you said honda recalls the problems and FIXS them!!! Has ford recalled any of your valve cover gaskets and coils yet? How about those timing tensioners that fall apart or those pos plastic fittings on the intake that leak? Or what about the infamous tranny problems with the LS's? After the recalls that honda would fix for free and give me a donor car in the mean time and take very good care of me I would bet I would not have a problem with the car again until over 200K miles.

But yes you are correct the LS does look good. :D

LMAO

I just read this whole thread and thought the same thing. if you hate your "good looking" car so much than get rid of the :q:q:q:qer, it probably hates you too. Sounds like he needs an sti or a evo. Probably thinks he could get the benji off the dash too. Wow, seriously shut up snowseeker. You sound arrogant bitching about your LS. IT weighs 4000lbs and has under 300hp from Factory. A 4000 lb car that tacks 60 in 7 secs isnt really slow in most opinions unlesss you drive a bently or maybach but, i have my doubts theres many on here who do. Do you know what you want even.

"It looks cool, thats what I get" O if i had a dollar for every time I heard that.

Why does everyone think I hate my car so much? I am just stating that the LS is not a race car. Can't any of you read? I said I have other cars to race, the LS is around to look good.

Why does everyone think I hate my car so much? I am just stating that the LS is not a race car. Can't any of you read? I said I have other cars to race, the LS is around to look good.

Ya we can, Look back at what you stated on the first two pages. Sure gave most of us the impression you hate your car and think ford fubared the LS all around. Kind of a neat 32v if you ask me. Ever think. Why doesnt GM have a 32v (gas motor) Other than the northstar. I think ford might know what they are doing believe it or not. I get pretty good mileage with my 4000lb rear drive v8. I like my car its rewarding to drive

And there it is.....swearing and name calling.

This thread is now complete.

Wow, hell yeah racists remarks and all.

Mtivi16
First that's a Nissan motor very strongly made that can be put into the ground and resurrected 12 times over.

Second, my 04 Highlander can pull hard and has 140 on the dash and that's a small SUV with a 230 HP V6. Lots of vehicles have big numbers on the dash, the LS is not anything to brag about speed wise unless you are comparing it to its class.

Third, you may have been attempting to prove some kind of point we all understand but now you look like a jack ass with you racial comment.

The LS is not that great of a car performance wise its enough for me coming from this type of vehicle and maybe its more than enough for some of you to consider it some kind of hell on wheels but you can get way more out of way less stock and aftermarket. But, it is a beautiful very nice looking car and when treated well can give back what you put in. Stop thinking it is more than that without doing the work necessary!

if 145 is slow for a bone stock ls then idk wtf is fast cause no Honda goes over 145!

But lots of sedans do and then some.

And people like to avoid my point.

You can make something out of anything but from the factory this is not a high end performance street rod and has very little in the end to make it so without 10K+dollars!

Now try to avoid it.

And people like to avoid my point.

You can make something out of anything but from the factory this is not a high end performance street rod and has very little in the end to make it so without 10K+dollars!

Now try to avoid it.

As stated I was just throwing fuel on the fire, not addressing your post at all. But, I will accept your challenge and try to avoid your point anyway by saying that those three examples are all bone stock. They took them straight from the dealer lot to the dragstrip.

:D

Bone stock huh?:lol:

The Mini Van one dont work:mad:

If draged mine, only becuase i worked at the strip and was testing the system before the races. I was curoius now i know. Its not a race car. its a Grandpa car.

Well that depends, one school I went to I wasn't very popular but another that I went to everyone knew me and wanted to be around.

Members online

No members online now.
Back