Got my A$$ handed to me.... :(

Frasch

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Went to Omaha yesterday.. driving on the interstate going about 80 or so...All of the sudden a 2009 Nissan Altima coupe comes flyin up behind me.. passes me like im standing still, and the other car in front of me.:eek: I cut right behind him to play catch up and I was amazed that I couldnt catch up to him... he was going at least 100 mph and I was pushing 90-95 maybe close to 100 mph. He zips over 2 lines at a time and steps on the gas again, and was just gone... I never caught up... :( If you are in the Nebraska area his license plates read "spanky" and I got my ass spanked! :eek:

well if you were doing 80 and he flew by you doing 100, then you wouldnt catch him unless you were doing 100+, pretty much cut and dry physics. doesnt matter if he was driving a corolla or a ferrari.

well if you were doing 80 and he flew by you doing 100, then you wouldnt catch him unless you were doing 100+, pretty much cut and dry physics. doesnt matter if he was driving a corolla or a ferrari.

Well if he was driving a corolla and you were driving a ferrari, I bet you would catch up :D

he was the same speed behind me and then he steped on it and i tried to catch up and i couldnt...

YEah, LongIslandLSE is right, if he was going 100+, and you only made it to 90-95, it doesn't take a genius to figure out you aint catchin up to him.

But I think it's foolish to put other drivers at risk by driving idiotically fast and reckless like the Altima driver.

Thats why it dont pay to race against other cars with the LS. Race against your own time and try your best to beat it so ultimately in the end you wont be so disappointed.

On the other hand aside from there being others on the road ( lets so no one was ) why didnt you just drop it and go?

Im sure I would have caught up when i was pushin 120-130 in the car.. but i didnt have my radar pluged in at the time...otherwise it might have been different story :p

i am assuming he had a decent amout of distance to go from 80-100 and fly by you. And again just going by your post, you were doing 90-95, you will not catch up to someone doing 100, physically impossible. Now if your original post is wrong as far as distance and speeds, just say so and i will gladly tell you you got your a$$ handed to you..... :D

haha... ok the distance from me to him in the beginning of the chase was about the distance you would pass someone on the highway maybe 50 to 75 feet behind me going about 80 at the time. He floors it be me and the vehicle slightly a head of me. Im "assuming" that he is going at least 90-95 and i pass right behind him and I couldnt keep up.. so Yes I got my a$$ handed to me very bad to a 3.5 V6 coupe!!

My cousin has a an 08 Altima and we drove it home to MS from VA for the holidays. We took turn driving and let me say this, the car is quick as f@#k. He has the four cylinder model and I must say the car has some serious acceleration to it and is quick as hell from 0 to 60.

My cousin has a an 08 Altima and we drove it home to MS from VA for the holidays. We took turn driving and let me say this, the car is quick as f@#k. He has the four cylinder model and I must say the car has some serious acceleration to it and is quick as hell from 0 to 60.

i drove a 07 maxima with the 3.5. Supposedly runs mid to high 14's and i wasnt all that impressed. Brother has a 4cyl 06 altima. peppy maybe but not that quick.

I cut right behind him to play catch up and I was amazed that I couldnt catch up to him...

Might want to trade for a Mark VIII if you want to prevent that from happening again.:D

I ran a C55 with a AMG sticker (poseur) on a long left 2-lane wide entrance ramp. We were doing 50 at the start. The 2 lanes merged to one entering the highway so the fastest around would have lane choice. I had the inside position. I was 1 car ahead at the merge and doing about 80. Was 3 cars ahead by 130. Guy never had a chance.

08 Altima - the car is quick as f@#k. He has the four cylinder model and I must say the car has some serious acceleration to it and is quick as hell from 0 to 60.

you are joking.

the V6 - 270hp version is only 0-60 6.2sec

you mean as in - winning car of the year, top 10 engines, ...

Maybe top 10 faulty engines. What exactly is good about the 3.9? The power? lots and lots of v6's have more power in a lighter package so no that can't be it. reliability? Nah, gaskets, coils, tensioners, and brittle plastics shoot that down. Maybe best engine in means of simplicity? LOL that for sure can't be it. So what makes these engines 1 of the top 10?

All that car of the year this award that best in class stuff is way way over rated. I believe none of it.

I go by personal experience and advise and insight from owners themselves, not what some magazine says.

The LS is sposed to be a sport luxury car but yet it can't keep up with most all other sport lux cars out there.

I know it is hard for loyal owners to take bad news about their car or accept the truth sometimes but in all reality the LS is not one of the better sport luxury cars to be had.

You simply do not have your facts straight - the car was target to be more powerful than the 530i and more nimble than the 540i - which it was.

You have to remember - you are comparing a MY2000 car against current models - in nine years you hope the competition got better.

you are joking.

the V6 - 270hp version is only 0-60 6.2sec

How you figure I'm joking. I'm not putting up no numbers or stats to compare it to. I don't know what the HP is on the four banger or the V6 model, just from personal test drive of it, it has a pretty quick take off as opposed to other four bangers. So the answer to your question is no I'm not joking I was just sharing information from my own personal experience.

Well - if you figure that the 4 banger will not be as quick as the v6 - and the v6 is 0-60 in 6.2sec - then the 4 banger is likely close to 7... which is what your LS is...

so when you said "the car is quick as f@#k" you meant ... like your LS? 'cause it sounded like you meant your 7sec LS was slow in comparison...

I agree with Quik....these cars are aging FAST and I don't expect it to be the fastest on the road, that's not why I bought mine. I bought mine because its a great cruiser, plenty of power, nice set of features and it has attractive Lincoln styling. I would also hope in the 6 years that my car has been out the smaller engine cars can easily walk our V8 with its heavy construction, it makes no difference to me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back