Getting ready to pull my engine....

94m5 said:
No thanks man. :D

As you all my already know, the car did'nt sell. I was not really planning on selling it either. My main reason for placing it on e-bay was to get a feel for what people thought it was worth, nothing more.

I will prolly be taking it to colorado with me, and finding a place to store it. things are kinda up in the air right now, and no idea where they are gonna land. Thanks for the comments also guys, it's REALLY nice having someone walk up to you at the gas station and simply saying "Nice car man". It'll put ya in a good mood, on your worst day.

Mike
that's for sure, I love it when people of all ages trip on my car! it appeals to all ages. :cool:

94m5 said:
No thanks man. :D

As you all my already know, the car did'nt sell. I was not really planning on selling it either. My main reason for placing it on e-bay was to get a feel for what people thought it was worth, nothing more.

I will prolly be taking it to colorado with me, and finding a place to store it. things are kinda up in the air right now, and no idea where they are gonna land. Thanks for the comments also guys, it's REALLY nice having someone walk up to you at the gas station and simply saying "Nice car man". It'll put ya in a good mood, on your worst day.

Mike
It really does make your day when somebody has somethin nice to say about your car. Even when I was driving and I saw a silver gen2 with tinted windows.... The middle aged guy rolled down his window and gave me, a young kid, thumbs up. I thought that was cool. Then you see a young kid driving a mark and the homeboy tries to race you or something.

slight update on this thing.

Took it to the cruise night over in Jacksonville last weekend, and had a ball with it. You may notice the decal on the doors too. A little advertising never hurts. :)

Last edited:
Little update,

dad just called and informed me, he put the car in a show about an hour away from home, and won 1st place out of 56 cars in class. Car was under commercial shop class, which suprised me that it won.

Unfortunatly no pics of it at the show, but Ill have the trophy delivered by the end of next week.

Good things.

Mike

Mike, so when are you gonna make this thing half fast ? LOL

Congrats on the show though !!!

How is Colo treating ya ? Ready for visitors ?

m_maker said:
Mike, so when are you gonna make this thing half fast ? LOL

Congrats on the show though !!!

How is Colo treating ya ? Ready for visitors ?

J, Colorado is GREAT!!!!! You and Margaret (sp) sorry, are welcome ANYTIME out here. may have to get a hotel tho as I'm kinda shackin up with my G-ma right now.

I'm looking at a couple of houses, but nothing i'm really interested in. You will LOVE the scenery out here.

The car will be PLENTY fast ;) once this college deal is over and I have some extra income.

Mike

OH YEA! I forgot about this also. The weekend before i left for CO, I was asked to put the car in Beardstown's Fall Fun Festival parade. Nothing important, but kinda cool cause these are all people I've grown up with. Some I hate, some I don't and vice-versa. Anyway, I also won 1st out of all of the car entries in the parade. No trophy tho dammit.

Dad seemed to be having a good time chucking candy at little kids.

Mike

Last edited:
hey, my Step-sister lives in colorado springs, i'd love to see your car in the summer or something, take pics and whatnot if you dont mind? i dont want to sound like im inviting myself, just thought it would be cool to meet the guy behind the making of the beast :D. btw, i love how the car turned out, looks AMAZING! congrats on the trophy and hopefully theres more to come. hey, maybe you should put a 5-speed in the '95 now? :p. and im looking at buying a Mark 8, think your dad would let you sell the '94? :D :D

The 95 is in Illinois right now. This spring I'm gonna take the truck back, and bring the 95 out for the summer and fall. Your more than welcome to stop by and take a look, and maybe take er for a spin.

Mike

Har!

Not exactly....

preliminary specs...

Teksid block
unsure of shortblock... prolly billet
Hogged C heads
not sure on cams yet
KB 2.8L Big bore
T-56
dropping back to 3.27's in the rear
Switch to OBD2 along with a complete Gen2 interior conversion
and a cage to keep the damned thing from pulling it'self apart.

WOW. Never saw this thread before! Amazing work, something I want to do but of course lack the facilities. :(

The 2.8 will be more than plenty for what i want to do. 700 + rwhp with the boost cranked up temporarily. The KB looks better anyway. :)

Mike can I have the ornament when your done ?:D Will it make my car run faster ? ;) ;)
94m5 said:
Strange things are a foot people...........be afraid.
Why the gear change ? For your trip to the Autobahn ?:cool:

:)

Nope.....the 3.27s are there to help make use of the massive ammounts of torque this engine is gonna have. With 4.10's I would be running out of gear too soon. Too much time shifting, not accelerating.

It will be interesting to see how much torque it will make . I think Jeremi's was over 400 wasn't it ?:eek:

some anccient history for those that have time to read thru. a lot of fun to have been at this for so long and hope people that are new will see what it's about.

Members online

Back