Getting ready to pull my engine....

94m5

Dmaup's Daddy
Reaction score
Figured you guys would laugh at this.......I'm pulling the engine, and stripping the engine compartment down for the complete repaint. I have a feeling that this is gonna turn in to a "while I'm in there" type things.

I'll have pictures later tonight. ;)

I have been thinking of doing that to sifrino. But not for paint. For total rebuild. I wish you the best of luck. Hopeully everything will run in order!

94m5 said:
Figured you guys would laugh at this.......I'm pulling the engine, and stripping the engine compartment down for the complete repaint. I have a feeling that this is gonna turn in to a "while I'm in there" type things.

you'll save so much time dropping your engine. I have pictures if you want. just 1 thjing, idk how much money you have but I would highly reccomend installing headers while you're going through this much trouble.

94m5 said:

I lied to you........I have the damned pictures, but no cable to upload them off of the camera. I'll get the right one tomorrow. Sorry guys.

Mike

Hey guys, were taking a little break after a good day of destruction. One of the torque converter bolts were on so tight I rounded it off with a box end wrench. (Yes, it was the right size) anyway, that took a an hour or so to get cut off. so, after I post this, ill going back out to yank the engine.

More pics later. I may even have a picture of the paint color i'm using.

Mike

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Hey! I can see the 17mm snap-on wrench Jeremi lost when he did his Cobra intake install!

heh heh

Nice pics...

BlackIceLSC said:
Hey! I can see the 17mm snap-on wrench Jeremi lost when he did his Cobra intake install!

heh heh

Nice pics...

REALLY??????????????!!!! *Runs out to grage to look*

YEA, I'll be keeping that wrench IF I ever find it, but the chances of that are slim. ;) Anyway, here are some more pictures. I have more, but these do a good job of summing up the days work. I do know however, that I will never buy a northern car from now on. Everything corrodes, nuts and bolts freeze, and :q:q:q:q just plain out rust's away.

This car is in good shape considering, but I'll never do it again. anyway, W/O further ado, the pics.

The bottom picture you are looking at is of the project truck my buddy and I are working on. The engine is a 11.5:1 460, punched .060 over, Cobra jet heads w stainless valves. With the cam thats in it and the intake thats about to go on it were hoping for mid 500 Hp levels. Good stuff if you ask me, This engine is a cake walk to turn wrenches on compared to the Mark.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:
klutch said:
Are you painting it yourself or taking it to a bodyshop?

My buddy is painting it in the garage, Here are the updated pics. I just got everything back from powdercoating today, and the paint sprayed on lastnight at 10:00. There is VERY little body filler in the right fender. I cut all of the ratty steel out, and welded new steel in it's place.

Anyway, here are the pics. I'm hoping to have this done for the midwest meet next month.

Mike

fenderbefore.jpg

Orangefender.jpg

fender1before.jpg

Orangefender1.jpg

Pintbefore.jpg

Underhood.jpg

underhood.jpg

Enginebefore.jpg

engine1.jpg

Engine2.jpg

Last edited:
Damn....I like the color....what is that called?

Too much silver on the motor for me though....but it looks good too!
:Beer

I like!!! You are the next best thing to a magazine project car :yourock:

scott9050 said:
I like!!! You are the next best thing to a magazine project car :yourock:

Thanks scott. I would let the guys over at CZ28.com see em' but they give me a rationing of :q:q:q:q because it's a lincoln. So I stick over here mostly. All I need to do now is find the rims I want.

Mike

BTW....The color is "Balzing Copper" It's a 2005 Mazda color, that I fell in love with the 1st time I saw it on a new RX8.

Looks great!! I know how much work that is .. I have pulled engines years ago.
The colors are awesome!! :I

94m5 said:
Thanks scott. I would let the guys over at CZ28.com see em' but they give me a rationing of :q:q:q:q because it's a lincoln. So I stick over here mostly. All I need to do now is find the rims I want.

Mike

i would post over their more just to piss them off

THAT LOOKS AWSOME!!!! I take it thats going to be the color of the car? got any more pictures? I'm pulling my engine also in a few weeks and would like to give the bay a little TLC. how long did it take to detail the engine?

phreakness said:
THAT LOOKS AWSOME!!!! I take it thats going to be the color of the car? got any more pictures? I'm pulling my engine also in a few weeks and would like to give the bay a little TLC. how long did it take to detail the engine?

Yea, the car is gonna be that color. The engine bay has 4 coats of clear, and the exterior will have 8. Once the last coat of clear goes on....I'm waiting 1 month to let the clear harden completely, and then wet sanding it down the rough parts with 2000 grit paper, and the already slick parts with 4000. Once thats done, 2 days with a dewalt polisher, and about a gallon of 3M polishing compound, and I'll have a show winning paint job. :)

I was gonna wetsand after a week, but my paint rep told me about this method, and the fact is WINNING shows right now, so I'm gonna try it.

As far as the detailing goes......I did nothing but take it apart, and drive the pieces to the powdercoaters. I have ALOT of pieces for the engine that are drying right now that are the body color. (You'll like the look of it when it's done.

Mike

One other thing.....If I can tell you only 1 thing when it comes to bodywork it would be......PREP WORK!!! Get your sanding done to the FINEST detail. I don't care how good a sprayer you are, if you don't have the surface right, the paint will just flake off.

Members online

No members online now.
Back