Flame throwers.

Jacksun

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these. I'm thinking about maybe getting one. Only thing I've seen On ebay is the petronix? I'm thinking about it for the cobra but I'm sure sapper would want one on his mark after I got mine ;p

I'm still not sure which is what. The performance ones are like straight flames like a butane lighter or the hot rod which is like a billowing flame.

Crank your fuel pressure and wire a spark plug in your tail pipe

LOL, thats actually how it can be done and used to, but um a little on the dangerous side. they do make kits now which are lit still with a spark plug in the tailpipe. theres a guy with a 50 olds at the diner that has them.ill check and see what hes running. it will shoot a floame like 4 ft behind the car, or just blue tips. he did say it ran on a propane tank in trunk when i saw him the first time. good way to keep people off your a$$ in traffic!

I know it's kinda gay but a 5ft flame out of your tail pipe is pretty damn awesome.

My little re search showed to my understanding you don't need propane it works off the fuel in exhaust. So with no cats mine should rocket.

ive always wanted flame throwers but justnever got down to it. auto loc sells a kit for fuel injected cars along with carbed. if your not using propain youll need straight pipes because what it does is cut power to half the spark plugs when you rev it then hit the button and it lights the gas in the exhaust on fire and shoots it out. plus your exhaust tips need to stick out at least 6 inches to keep from burning your paint. to me its cool as fuk but more a old school thing not really for a mustang or mark.

If they don't serve the purpose of vertical thrust, I don't see the point in flaming tips. Even tho they look cool, and I can install them...not on MY car

Old school was to use an old Model A buzzer coil to fire spark plugs in the tips, and since everything was carbed, pull the manual choke to overrich the mix, and turn the coil on...

Yeah..... on a fuel injected car... especially a good looking Cobra.... ummm... no...

I've never seen the kits, but I made a set on my old Merc with spark plugs and propane tank + solenoid in trunk. It was a side exhaust car then. Other than replacing the plugs 2x a year, it was great fun at shows and the main strip on party nights, lol... ;)

Ask nolimit for tips he had a flame thrower in his engine bay that was so bad ass it blew the door from his garage into the house right off the wall. It even blew the hood off the car. That's a flame thrower if you ask me!

It already does. The cans are up in front of the rear wheels. The pipe leaves them goes up and then goes back to the edge of the bumper. I've got like a trumpet back there

Somebody watched The Fast and the Furious too much. :lol:

And WTF? I thought you were coming out to the shop today?

The white 93? No, it's not being parted, it's spoken for

Still looking for side lights? I've been keeping my eye out for a good set, just nothing has turned up yet, either chrome pealing or cracked

I've got that spare set still... Send me a text and I'll send ya a pic of em later tonight

Pm sent

Members online

No members online now.
Back