Finally Finished With Engine Part 1, Here Are New Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll notice all my braided hose uses proper AN compression fittings and is the real deal. :D *edit* except for the ones to my brake booster, there was no real option there and I wasn't going to make another vacuum tree.

Colored conduit makes baby jesus cry. :(

None here.

To bad it don't run.

153-5398_IMG.JPG

Dr. Paul said:
Colored conduit makes baby jesus cry. :(

No more than all that blinding chrome, the 'real' hoses that are too long, and the shotgun holes in the engine compartment from all the removed original attachments. Geesh! :p

driller said:
No more than all that blinding chrome, the 'real' hoses that are too long, and the shotgun holes in the engine compartment from all the removed original attachments. Geesh! :p

The hoses aren't too long. They are that way so that they fit around the T-Trim I just bought. :D There is a method to my madness.

I think you fit in on top with the rest of these engines Mike.

They all look great to me.

Considering that this is what they were to begin with.

eng.jpg

94m5 said:
Where do I fit in this argument?

:D

I think your motor is very well done and tasteful. Probably the only thing I would have done differently is have the throttle body powdercoated the same color as the intake, but it doesn't look bad the way it is either.

Paul.

Dr. Paul said:
The hoses aren't too long. They are that way so that they fit around the T-Trim I just bought.

No fair withholding information! :eek:

Lemme guess... a polished T-Trim? ;)

driller said:
No fair withholding information! :eek:

Lemme guess... a polished T-Trim? ;)

Unfortunately, no. I think I may have to ship it back to Vortech to have that done. It just won't "go" otherwise.

So would you prefer a big mess of wires everywhere or wtf?

Wire should be wrapped in one of three things:

1. Black conduit
2. Black shrinkwrap
3. Russell "Wrap It" - which is a neat product that I like

I don't think a bright red tube that says "look at my wiring!!!" is such a great idea.

In much earlier posts... I thought Dr. Paul had problems with that Mustang! Couldn't keep it running... or run often?

Just asking if I was mistaken from past thread when you first presented your mustang on this board...

mespock said:
In much earlier posts... I thought Dr. Paul had problems with that Mustang! Couldn't keep it running... or run often?

Just asking if I was mistaken from past thread when you first presented your mustang on this board...

Are you kidding? My mustang is a needy bitch that breaks all the damn time! :D

Of course, it's not exactly OEM anymore either.

dr paul, for the 5th time the red conduit has been gone for a week now, since the old condiut was cracked and gone, replaced with red, all they had, looked tacky took it off...i guess all our cars are ricers except when you or your buddy does it, then its ok.. personally $80 for my blings compared to $1000 + for real deal as you call it only says you have more money than brains, I thought my $80 was way too much for just looks, it dont make you go faster, even the real deal !!! so spending 25 times as much just for looks and they look close enough to me, is INSANE, but is well within your rights to do, and just as you had the right to spend all that cash on real deal, i have same right to save that money and put it into speed parts, $80 to go from stock to my bling is not bad money spent, but the stang doesnt look $1000 better or 25 times as much. I am only talking about hoses, not chrome valve covers and intake which cost the stang owner allot more, might even be you..

lets not keep arguing like 5th graders, this is a help site, not a MIDOL site, lets just try and stay positive, TO ALL MEMBERS NOT JUST OURSELVES, NUFF SAID LETS DROP THAT ISSUE AND STICK TO THE THREAD TITLE. THANKS AND DONT EXPECT ME TO KEEP LOWERING MYSELF TO YOUR LEVEL, NOT FAIR TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TO WASTE TIME READING THIS CRAP... PEACE..........

Amen caveman. those are all nice engines, like 94m5, that looks totally awesome. But he spent more than $80 braided hose and fittings, $94 for all new radiator hoses, $200 for wires, plugs and separaters plus $240 alternator and $140 waterpump so with belt tensioners around $900 so far, but only $85 on bling factor, still to much but acceptable for me. I bet dr pauls supposed mustang cost allot more than that, and 94m5 spent tons more, and it is sweet no doubt. I plan to powdercoat a cobra intake and my alternator when money comes about, I am still trying to buy a few more marks.

I think my point is you are always negative to everyone like your arrogant or a know it all or something... a couple of those mark motor pics had colored hoses and dress, but the block and firewall area were dirty as hell, kinda like a diamond in a goats a s s....

i am not a hater, i rarely say anything negative to anyone as we are all different and like art have our own ideas on what looks nice, your the only one dr paul who has been negative and i see your comments all over and wonder why are you so arrogant and condescending to others ???? this is a help site, we are here to help one another and get ideas from each other, also a place to talk about whatever

I cant say I like you dr paul,

as far as putting a black sunshine sign on your buddies car, well not sure thats gonna change anything, the point is you dont need to prove to me thats your car, I dont care, I just dont beleive your attitude has a place here, I know 67conti and many more has expressed there dislike. I think you enjoy that and is why you are here i guess, just thought we could all get along as caveman said, but your not that type

BLACK SUNSHINE 95LSC said:
dr paul, for the 5th time the red conduit has been gone for a week now, since the old condiut was cracked and gone, replaced with red, all they had, looked tacky took it off...

Somebody else asked why I didn't like colored conduit. I gave them my respnose.

i guess all our cars are ricers except when you or your buddy does it, then its ok..

I would be considerably more critical if one of my friends put colored conduit on their car - that is to say, I would NEVER stop making fun of them for doing it.

personally $80 for my blings compared to $1000 + for real deal as you call it

It didn't cost anywhere near $1000 for me to put real hoses on my car. Where are you getting this figure? Do you just make it up as you go along?

only says you have more money than brains,

...or just better taste.

I thought my $80 was way too much for just looks, it dont make you go faster, even the real deal !!! so spending 25 times as much just for looks and they look close enough to me, is INSANE, but is well within your rights to do, and just as you had the right to spend all that cash on real deal, i have same right to save that money and put it into speed parts, $80 to go from stock to my bling is not bad money spent, but the stang doesnt look $1000 better or 25 times as much.

Again, where are you coming up with the $1000 figure? Or is this similar to your comment about "cars from Phoenix have probably been hit". :rolleyes:

I am only talking about hoses, not chrome valve covers and intake which cost the stang owner allot more, might even be you..

Chrome valve covers are cheap for my car. Considerably cheaper than DOHC valve covers.

The intake is the result of a tremendous amount of work on my part, and on the part of my welder/fabricator friend - not a lot of money. A DOHC intake is likely more expensive.

lets not keep arguing like 5th graders, this is a help site, not a MIDOL site, lets just try and stay positive, TO ALL MEMBERS NOT JUST OURSELVES, NUFF SAID LETS DROP THAT ISSUE AND STICK TO THE THREAD TITLE. THANKS AND DONT EXPECT ME TO KEEP LOWERING MYSELF TO YOUR LEVEL, NOT FAIR TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TO WASTE TIME READING THIS CRAP... PEACE..........

You're the one who continues to make stuff up in this thread, not me.

But he spent more than
$80 braided hose and fittings
$94 for all new radiator hoses
$200 for wires, plugs and separaters
$240 alternator
$140 waterpump

so with belt tensioners around $900 so far, but only $85 on bling factor, still to much but acceptable for me.

I spent:

$190 for all my -20 braided hose and weld-on bungs. You spent about the same for your fake stuff. Your $1000 number is outrageous. You spent $179 for your fake stuff.

My plugs, wires, and separators were $146. Yours were $200.

I bought a broken alternator for $10. I took it apart, polished it by hand, and had it chromed for $15. Then I had it rebuilt for $100. Total cost to me - $125. Yours cost almost twice that.

My water pump cost me $55. I polished it by hand. Yours was almost three times that.

I bet dr pauls supposed mustang cost allot more than that,

You bet it did. But the money isn't all spent on shiny stuff - in fact, there's not a ton of money in that since I did most of the work myself.

and 94m5 spent tons more, and it is sweet no doubt.

Yep, it is.

I think my point is you are always negative to everyone

No, I'm not. I didn't like your engine compartment. Get over it.

like your arrogant or a know it all or something...

I am arrogant, but I've never claimed to know everything. That being said, I do know a few things.

a couple of those mark motor pics had colored hoses and dress, but the block and firewall area were dirty as hell, kinda like a diamond in a goats a s s....

Now who's bashing on other people's cars?

I cant say I like you dr paul,

I don't care.

as far as putting a black sunshine sign on your buddies car

What a sad, pathetic little man you are. Ask Torquemonkey if that is my car. He's seen it. :rolleyes:

I know 67conti and many more has expressed there dislike.

He seems to whine a lot.
just thought we could all get along as caveman said, but your not that type

Everyone can get along. If somebody hates me because I said I didn't like the way their engine looked, then I would surmise that they are way too sensitive to the opinions of others.

Paul.

as far as putting a black sunshine sign on your buddies car, well not sure thats gonna change anything, the point is you dont need to prove to me thats your car, I dont care, I just dont beleive your attitude has a place here, I know 67conti and many more has expressed there dislike. I think you enjoy that and is why you are here i guess, just thought we could all get along as caveman said, but your not that type

I'm a moderator on a 35 000 member car site, and I love coming here because 99 percent of the people are helpful and relaxed, so different than the other site, where I am dealing with bull:q:q:q:q 24/7. But I guess there are people who like to cause trouble whenever they can. Even when you try to help them: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=21698

I don't try to cause trouble whenever I can. I personally don't give a sh!t if you think that, because you'll never change your mind.

Carry on.

What a piece of work he is

Dr paul you always seem to shock me, just when I thought you had no class, you top yourself again, if you dont care what people think, why are you even here?

second, i bought a NEW ford alternator not a derby special, so cant compare there. see this started to make my car road worthy to go accross country if I want so I used new ford Motorcraft parts and just decided to use what i did, You are the only person out of thousands who doesn't like it. I AM FINE WITH THAT, THATS YOUR RIGHT, JUST DO LVC A FAVOR AND KEEP THAT BLACK HOLE OF A MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR NEGATIVE OPINIONS TO YOURSELF, WE ARE NOT INTERESTED.. A recent trip to SO CAL SPEED SHOP here in VEGAS has the real deal and its allot more than you stated, YOUR A LIAR OR YOU JUST DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, I AM NOT GOING TO STEAL ANYTHING AND YOU MUST HAVE GOT SOME K-MART GHETTO HOSES AND FITTINGS FOR WHAT YOU CLAIM..

EVEN SO, I DONT CARE. I DONT LIKE YOU, (MOST DONT), YOU CONSTANTLY TALK ABOUT YOUR CRUSTANG ON THIS "MARK VIII" SITE, AND THE ONLY THING YOU SAY ABOUT YOUR MARK VIII IS IT IS PROBLEMS AND YOU WANT TO SELL IT, AND YOUR MUSTANG IS QUOTE A NEEDY BITCH, WHT DO YOUR CARS BREAK SO MUCH, MUST BE THE "REAL DEAL" BRAID AND FITTINGS YOU USE WITH JUNKYARD PARTS.

DUDE, JUST SAVE IT AND GO BOTHER THE MUSTANG GUYS, THIS IS A MARK VIII FORUM BRA....

67CONTINENTAL SAID IT BEST, 99 PERCENT OF PEOPLE WANT TO HELP YOU JUST WANT TO WHINE LIKE A LITTLE CHURCH GIRL ON THE WRAG IN A WHITE DRESS...

TRY AND BE LIKE 67CONTINENTAL OR FROGMAN, THEY HAVE MUCH CLASS, TRY AND LEARN FROM THEM....

WISH YOU LUCK, PLEASE SAVE YOUR COMMENT, WE DONT CARE DR PAUL...

FUNNY WHEN I DID MY CAR IT WAS FOR ME, I NEVER KNEW THAT IF DR PAUL DIDNT APPROVE I HAD TO DO IT OVER? PERSONALLY I KINDA THINK THE REAL DEAL SETUP ON THE MUSTANG REALLY DOESNT LOOK THAT GOOD. TO GAUDY, BUT THATS MY OPINION ONLY, SINCE YOU GAVE YOURS I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK.

GO BOTHER CRUSTANG GUYS

94m5 Motor Looks Awesome

Dr. Paul said:
I think your motor is very well done and tasteful. Probably the only thing I would have done differently is have the throttle body powdercoated the same color as the intake, but it doesn't look bad the way it is either.

Paul.

WOW EVEN ON A PERFECT LOOKING MOTOR, HE HAS SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY.. HATE TO SAY BUT THAT 94M5 MARK LOOKS 100,000 TIMES BETTER THAN YOUR CRUSTANG. YOUR UPPER RADIATOR HOSE IS LIKE 3 FEET TO LONG, THAT LOOKS GREAT. FIND IT HARD TO BELEIVE YOU GOT A BROKEN ALTERNATOR FOR $10 AND POLISHED IT YOURSELF TO LOOK LIKE CHROME, (SURE I BELEIVE YOU). THE MUSTANG YOU HAVE HAS BLING ON IT, BUT LOOKS GAUDY AS A WHOLE. MOST MARKS I HAVE SEEN LIKE MINE AND ESPECIALLY 94M5 AND WHEN FROGMAN GETS HIS DONE LOOK AWESOME AS THEY ARE NOT OVER THE TOP, JUST A LITTLE TOUCH OF BLING..

I AM WASTING MY TIME TRYING TO TURN YOU AROUND DR PAUL, ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN. DUDE YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP......

PS... 94M5 I LIKE THE THROTTLEBODY POWDERCOATED, NICE TOUCH MAN :cool: :cool:

Dr paul you always seem to shock me, just when I thought you had no class, you top yourself again, if you dont care what people think, why are you even here?

I have no class because I am making you look like a tool? Meh, I don't care.

second, i bought a NEW ford alternator not a derby special, so cant compare there.

A guy I know had an original one (off his Mustang) sitting in his garage. It was broke and he didn't wanna bother to fix it. I happen to know a place that rebuilds alternators - are you pissed because mine was cheaper, looks better, and performs just as well?

see this started to make my car road worthy to go accross country if I want so I used new ford Motorcraft parts and just decided to use what i did, You are the only person out of thousands who doesn't like it.

You polled thousands of people for their thoughts on your motor? Wow, you have a lot of time.

I AM FINE WITH THAT, THATS YOUR RIGHT,

Then why do you continue to argue?

JUST DO LVC A FAVOR AND KEEP THAT BLACK HOLE OF A MOUTH SHUT AND YOUR NEGATIVE OPINIONS TO YOURSELF, WE ARE NOT INTERESTED..

I'm not likely to keep my proverbial mouth shut. However, feel free to continue to ask.

A recent trip to SO CAL SPEED SHOP here in VEGAS has the real deal and its allot more than you stated, YOUR A LIAR OR YOU JUST DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT,

I'm sorry if you pay full retail for everything. I happen to have a good friend who is an XRP dealer, and I get fittings at WD cost. I'm am many things, but a liar isn't one of them. I got the -20 hose from a sandrail guy who had some left over - just traded him some extra stuff that I had.

I AM NOT GOING TO STEAL ANYTHING AND YOU MUST HAVE GOT SOME K-MART GHETTO HOSES AND FITTINGS FOR WHAT YOU CLAIM..

I'm glad you don't steal. That makes America better.

All the hose and fittings are XRP or Earls.

EVEN SO, I DONT CARE. I DONT LIKE YOU, (MOST DONT),

We've been over this. I don't care.

YOU CONSTANTLY TALK ABOUT YOUR CRUSTANG ON THIS "MARK VIII" SITE, AND THE ONLY THING YOU SAY ABOUT YOUR MARK VIII IS IT IS PROBLEMS AND YOU WANT TO SELL IT, AND YOUR MUSTANG IS QUOTE A NEEDY BITCH, WHT DO YOUR CARS BREAK SO MUCH, MUST BE THE "REAL DEAL" BRAID AND FITTINGS YOU USE WITH JUNKYARD PARTS.

My Mark VIII has lots of stupid stuff break. My Mustang is needy because of how heavily modified it is - as are most heavily modified cars.

Junkyard parts???

DUDE, JUST SAVE IT AND GO BOTHER THE MUSTANG GUYS, THIS IS A MARK VIII FORUM BRA....

Did you say "Bra"? Isn't that a woman's undergarment?

67CONTINENTAL SAID IT BEST, 99 PERCENT OF PEOPLE WANT TO HELP YOU JUST WANT TO WHINE LIKE A LITTLE CHURCH GIRL ON THE WRAG IN A WHITE DRESS...

I've not heard that analogy before. Nice.

TRY AND BE LIKE 67CONTINENTAL OR FROGMAN, THEY HAVE MUCH CLASS, TRY AND LEARN FROM THEM....WISH YOU LUCK, PLEASE SAVE YOUR COMMENT, WE DONT CARE DR PAUL...

If you don't care - why do you continue to respond?

FUNNY WHEN I DID MY CAR IT WAS FOR ME, I NEVER KNEW THAT IF DR PAUL DIDNT APPROVE I HAD TO DO IT OVER?

It is for you. You don't have to do it over. I just don't like it.

PERSONALLY I KINDA THINK THE REAL DEAL SETUP ON THE MUSTANG REALLY DOESNT LOOK THAT GOOD. TO GAUDY, BUT THATS MY OPINION ONLY, SINCE YOU GAVE YOURS I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK.

Okay. Your opinion doesn't matter to me. I personally don't care if people like or don't like my motor - I built it to what I saw in my mind's eye when I started this project. Unlike you, I don't get my panties in a twist because someone doesn't like my motor.

WOW EVEN ON A PERFECT LOOKING MOTOR, HE HAS SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY..

It's not negative. It's my opinion. Froggy can take it and won't lose sleep over it. He knows I think his motor is cool.

HATE TO SAY BUT THAT 94M5 MARK LOOKS 100,000 TIMES BETTER THAN YOUR CRUSTANG.

I'm glad you think so. His certainly is a nice looking motor.

YOUR UPPER RADIATOR HOSE IS LIKE 3 FEET TO LONG, THAT LOOKS GREAT.

Actually, it's 32" long. It's definitely not my preferred routing, but like I said, once I have the T-trim I just purchased installed - I will look for a cleaner alternative.

FIND IT HARD TO BELEIVE YOU GOT A BROKEN ALTERNATOR FOR $10 AND POLISHED IT YOURSELF TO LOOK LIKE CHROME, (SURE I BELEIVE YOU).

I have a pretty decent setup in my garage for this purpose. I have my own blast cabinet, an assortment of die grinders and abrasives, a 1 horsepower bench grinder/polisher, and I'm good at paying attention to detail. I didn't say I polished it to look like chrome - the chrome cost $15. The key to making a chrome piece look nice is the prep prior to dipping it. My upper intake has well over 100 hours of work in it.

THE MUSTANG YOU HAVE HAS BLING ON IT, BUT LOOKS GAUDY AS A WHOLE.

It is a bit over-the-top, but I built it with that in mind.

MOST MARKS I HAVE SEEN LIKE MINE AND ESPECIALLY 94M5 AND WHEN FROGMAN GETS HIS DONE LOOK AWESOME AS THEY ARE NOT OVER THE TOP, JUST A LITTLE TOUCH OF BLING..

I have a new idea for a cool looking motor that will be more sedate, but these projects cost money.

I AM WASTING MY TIME TRYING TO TURN YOU AROUND DR PAUL, ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN. DUDE YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP......

I agree, you are wasting your time. However, this little diatribe provides a welcome respite from studying for my professional certification exam on Wednesday, so feel free to continue spewing your bullsh!t.

Oh, by the way - how is it that you (in your infinite wisdom) arrived at the magical $1000 mark for my radiator hose?

Oh, and the "Caps Lock" key is to the left of the "A" on your keyboard. I think you left it on.

Cheers,

Paul.

You Prove To Be More Of An Idiot Than I Thought

The CAPS mean I am shouting :eek: :eek: :eek: as you head seems to be made of lead :mad: . Bra is a slang term for brother, sory you are so far behind :p .

When I looked at SO CAL SPEEDSHOP here in vegas, thats what it would have cost me. personally mine is better because I have origional FORD MOTORCRAFT parts underneath that braid, its all new. I get 40% discount as I am a mechanic so I dont pay what the average JOE pays, thats why I got new, and added braid, looks better ( to me) , costs less, looks closer to origional. But to you its RICER, well if it is I like it :p :p :p

As far as your equiptment and whatever, I am glad for you, clap clap clap, bravo !!! thats your life and decision, like I said all along its YOUR MOUTH AND UNWANTED OPINION AND ARROGANT ATTITUDE I didnt like :( :( :( , and there are allot who agree, they sent a private message.... Dude if it makes you feel better to run others down so you can feel good, I am sory for you..:confused: :confused: :confused:

BUT IN ALL RESPECTS, THIS IS A MARK 8 SITE, NOT MUSTANG....

The CAPS mean I am shouting :eek: :eek: :eek: as you head seems to be made of lead :mad:

This is the internet - the letters aren't very loud.

Bra is a slang term for brother, sory you are so far behind :p

I'm sorry, I don't speak wigger.

When I looked at SO CAL SPEEDSHOP here in vegas, thats what it would have cost me.

You're full of sh!t. Even at full retail, it's nowhere near the kind of money. Admit it - you were making stuff up with no real basis in reality.

personally mine is better because I have origional FORD MOTORCRAFT parts underneath that braid, its all new.

People that think that Motorcraft = Jesus make me laugh.

I get 40% discount as I am a mechanic so I dont pay what the average JOE pays,

Wow, you sure do pay a lot for stuff considering your discount.

thats why I got new, and added braid, looks better (to me), costs less, looks closer to origional. But to you its RICER, well if it is I like it :p :p :p

The only thing used is my alternator. Considering it is rebuilt, with the appropriate new parts internally, yours is no better than mine. Last time I checked copper windings don't go bad.

Yours is definitely ricer though.

As far as your equiptment and whatever, I am glad for you, clap clap clap, bravo !!!

Wait, so before you didn't believe me because I couldn't possibly have paid less than you for my real, higher quality stuff. Now, you're criticizing me because I saved money by completing much of the work myself.

Your logic rivals a preschooler with a brain injury.

thats your life and decision, like I said all along its YOUR MOUTH AND UNWANTED OPINION AND ARROGANT ATTITUDE I didnt like :( :( :( , and there are allot who agree, they sent a private message.... Dude if it makes you feel better to run others down so you can feel good, I am sory for you..:confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't care if you don't like my mouth or my opinion. Nor do I care if others don't want it. I'm not running anyone down, I'm simply stating that I didn't like your motor.

If you feel to that you need to be the champion of the "silent many" who don't like me, so be it. However, keep in mind the following:

1. You'll never win an argument with me. Your logic is terrible, you have a very poor grasp of written English, and your statements are largely not based in fact or reality.
2. Beyond that, I don't care about your opinion. When I say that, I mean (now read closely) I could not care less what opinion of me your feeble mind comes up with.

Do you understand? Have I clearly articulated my thoughts on the matter? Or should I write it in crayon for you?

Please don't respond unless you have some new material, or have formed a cogent rebuttal to my stance on the issue.

Paul.

Dr. Paul..... You need to chill out man! You make people ANGRY! You constantly argue and pick at everything. What is the purpose of this? We all like to customize our cars in different ways. I don't like everyones cars, but I don't go on for days and days and weeks and weeks, etc, etc......

Try to be polite to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back