Finally Finished With Engine Part 1, Here Are New Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACK SUNSHINE 95LSC

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I like it when members share there pictures of there beloved marks, so I will do the same..

So far all brand new Motorcraft hoses with stainless steel braiding and ford color fittings, new MSD wires with Nylon separaters, new Motorcraft coils and plugs, new Motorcraft waterpump and new Motorcraft alternator, new Motorcraft belt tensioner and puller, and new Motorcraft idler pulley and new Goodyear Gatorback belt as well.. got rid of airbox, airsilencer, and stock filter housing and converted to conal filter..new Motorcraft fuel filter and Superchips computer module for DZA1 tune, cut out center converter so have one converter left on each downtube and pure duals all the way back to magnaflow mufflers and tips..

Inside has seen a modified install to fit a Pioneer AVIC D1 Navigation unit..

still plenty to go, need more money now !!!

BLACK SUNSHINE 054AA.jpg

BLACK SUNSHINE 055AA.jpg

BLACK SUNSHINE 058AA.jpg

BLACK SUNSHINE 059AA.jpg

BLACK SUNSHINE 060AA.jpg

BLACK SUNSHINE 007A.jpg

BLACK SUNSHINE 011A.jpg

BLACK SUNSHINE 009A.jpg

I will thank the old lady i bought it from

I drove 1200 miles round trip without seeing the car, because of the story. This car never saw rain or snow except for a day in the first week they bought it they did some doghnuts on the "FREEWAY" after hittin it so they never drove it in precip again. they took care of it, actually the car is filthy as it has not been washed or waxed in months so it will look much tighter. I have been spending time on getting it like new, had 42k when I got it, now has 61k, still never seen rain, vegas gets 1/2-1 inch a year at best.

I love this site, Marks are rare and hard to get mods for, Impossible without the cobra so its nice to share a common interest, would like to know about any lincoln or ford shows here out west so any knowledge is appreciated...

peace out !!:cool: :cool: :cool:

not yet, I was going to use a parking brake resistor and trick it, but was not sure about units built in gyroscope if it would detect movement or not?

so I would love any insight before I attempt my wild guess with parking brake resistor.. thanks

actually, I would like to know what it took to swap cobra intake to mark viii motor, it will work with stock heads I assume? When you get some extra time, I would love to get any suprises out of the way.

next mods within 6 months are fuel pump and 3.73 gears in rear along with full replacement of bearings etc in rearend.

also what year cobra intakes work on gen 1 mark viii's? I assume 96-98? I am going to pic a part so I will be on the lookout..

as always, thanks again

Take out the unit.

Look on the back connector where the power wires go in. Right across from the Ground wire, there is an empty slot in the wiring plug. You will see the unit has a pin that correspomds to the empty slot in the plug. Ground that pin (I used a jumper from the ground wire going into the unit). Re-install. Enjoy full funtionality while moving.

Oh yeah. Ground the parking brake wire too.

I think the hardest part of the cobra intake is finding one, and even harder, finding a complete setup with all the hoses like the IAC hose and the like. Other than that, it isn't all that hard of a swap. You'll have to flip the throttle body, and re-locate the cruise control box closer to the engine. And the fuel lines on a cobra go in on the passenger side, not the driver's side. I don't know if you can use the stock fuel rail since I went with aftermarket, but IIRC, you do have to change out the rails.

Yes, 96-98 is what you want. 99+ cobras had the PI "C" heads. Different intake ports.

Some of these guys can give you loads more info on the swap than I can, since they've done them, some more than once.

just emailed ya, but what rims do you have on your mark? they look real nice with the subtle drop, real sharp too.

makes you wonder why these kids buy these lawn mowin soundin rice burner and put all that cash in it, squeeze in it and pray you dont get in accident, WHEN you could have gotten a sharp mark VIII and put a grand in it and have an american v8 rear wheel drive luxurious sports car? beats me, guess thats how bush got elected as well ???:D :D

Thanks FROGMAN

sweet, I will be doin the D1 mod this weekend. wondered about the throttle location as mine is under cowl on current intake.. sweet I appreciate it, this site has some real classy members, wish i could return the favor as I dont know quite what some of you know, but I will try.

thanks a million

Why does everyone on this site like fake braided hose and colored conduit so much?

I agree with the other members, Your Mark looks very nice! Sweet ride! Maybe I will see you driving around Vegas sometime.

Thanks

Thanks Turborich, I live in southern highlands and I am obcessed with mark 8's, always have been, drop me an email, maybe goto midnight mayhem?

As far as the Playa hater, well ?? I didnt just pull a redneck and put braid over old hoses. This is a daily driver and decided to do colant flush, change waterpump and every hose, and hey why I am at it for a few bucks I can make it look "NOT STOCK". I like it, I did it for me, and sory to bust your bubble, I didnt do it to please you. I am not bustin on you for bein ok with driving a beater thats fast! I just happen to like both, looks and speed, and style, isnt that why we are driving lincolns, not chevy monzas with a 500 cubic inch motor with a blower and 6 different paint colors, thats another forum !!

I love lincolns, and I want to apologise to anyone in advance who thinks a purdy lookin motor is just psycho, i am sory to you.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE COMPLIMENTS, THERE ARE ALLOT OF SWEET ASS MARKS ON THIS SITE, I AM HAPPY TO BE A PART.

PEACE OUT :cool: :D :cool:

Ford racing sticker needs to go?????

I bought parts from them, and the sticker went with color scheme, is it really an eye sore ?? all it takes is a peel !!! give me some input, should it stay or go ??? I am no Picaso anyway, well I might pic my aso, ha ha...

thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back