file a complaint about your defective headlights

I'm gonna go ahead and sticky this because of the requests. But if I remember correctly, this has been brought up before with not so great results. But hey, it never hurts to try.

I guess I just got lucky and have a set of HID's in all 3 of my marks

Mike

Thanks! I pushed on this because I used to be a Parts and Service Engineer for Ford and know how the system works - if some mysterious preset number of complaints are received the NHTSA will flip a switch and the Light Fairy will put a gift under all our pillows!

I just want to thank everyone so far thats put in their complaint. And for makin this so STICKY, Thanks 94m5. Hopefully we'll get what we deserve...cool lights. We need more complaints!!!:headbang:

Well, lets all hope for the best! we need some more people to file! new lights sure would be nice.

Saturday Night Live had a bit where the new President George W. Bush in the year 2145 said that the levies in New Orleans will now withstand a level 5 hurricane, unfortunatly they expect a level 12 to hit within the week. I will submit a second time but I expect that by the time action, if any, is taken, we will all be traveling in vacuum tubes. Ed :cool:

Complaint Filed

THIS IS WHAT I WROTE:

"I have a 1995 Lincoln Mark viii. The head lights are so dim, at night I am unable to have a full visual of what most car-owners are able to see. This problem is due to the headlights on my car, (with brand new bulbs).I know a few people that have around the same year as me with the same model (2 1994's and 1 1995) and they have the same problem. I have also looked into it through vast amounts of mark viii forums and the result is the same. This is a hazard to everyones safety in and around these vehicles, and this is a problem that Must be rectified by the Lincoln manufactor. This is a deffinet recall matter. thank you "
Nicolas

fastmarkviii said:
THIS IS WHAT I WROTE:

"I have a 1995 Lincoln Mark viii. The head lights are so dim, at night I am unable to have a full visual of what most car-owners are able to see. This problem is due to the headlights on my car, (with brand new bulbs).I know a few people that have around the same year as me with the same model (2 1994's and 1 1995) and they have the same problem. I have also looked into it through vast amounts of mark viii forums and the result is the same. This is a hazard to everyones safety in and around these vehicles, and this is a problem that Must be rectified by the Lincoln manufactor. This is a deffinet recall matter. thank you "
Nicolas
I shaved off the front of the lights & Dremeled out the rear holes enough to fit in seal beam headlights from a mid 90's cutless (thin-type rectangle). Now I can see very well at night. By itself the car looks good, different when it has company, but still good. Ed :cool:

Ed...can you post a pic of your Cutlass beams installed in your Gen 1 housings?

I thought about fabbing in a set of the GM smalls, but i was told that they too suffer from light output....

Members online

No members online now.
Back