file a complaint about your defective headlights

BlackIceLSC said:
Ed...can you post a pic of your Cutlass beams installed in your Gen 1 housings?

I thought about fabbing in a set of the GM smalls, but i was told that they too suffer from light output....
I'd like to see that too....
You are just a few miles south of me Ed....I am in the South Shore area.

Well I posted a complaint so to speak. I have to drive at night with my Hi Beams to see anything and no oncoming cars ever flash me because the lights are so weak.

I recently got a 1996 LSC HID setup off EBAY minus one housing. My friend at a body shop got me a price of $300 on another housing but the bulb is also burned out. That is a fun one to try to find. The Sylvania rep doesn't seem to know of these bulbs :confused:

I have sold HID bulbs at work for over $300 each. The computers that go with them are about $800, IIRC.

File complaint

Has anyone ever installed an aftermarket HID conversion kit into a 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII. I am wondering if that will solve the problem of the bad headlight on my 1995 Mark VIII LSC.

If someone has done this, could you let me know if it worked!

Thank’s

I just filed a complaint.

banditxx2 said:
Has anyone ever installed an aftermarket HID conversion kit into a 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII. I am wondering if that will solve the problem of the bad headlight on my 1995 Mark VIII LSC.

If someone has done this, could you let me know if it worked!

Thank’s

I just filed a complaint.
I bought 2 HID systems out of an LSC for my 96' Mark. Main problem is both had burned out bulbs and new bulbs are quite expensive! Plus I do not know if the ballasts are bad and are the cause of the bulbs frying?

I then tried to find an aftermarket HID system but the way the bulbs screw in seems to be for just that system! We are attempting to retrofit a Lexus H4 HID system to see if it works :confused:

yea i just joined today and i did the complaint i refuse to pay over 600$ per side to fix a problem ford should have taken care of years ago

95lscowner said:
yea i just joined today and i did the complaint i refuse to pay over 600$ per side to fix a problem ford should have taken care of years ago
EXACTLY!!! besides looking bad it is a REAL safety hazzard. I have almost bought a set of HID's a few times, but then I think about it. Why am I going to spend over a grand on headlights for an 11 year old car? The lights cost a third of what the freakin car is worth!!!!

I got one filied, bit of a PITA though..., Nice to think it might help, these cars are truley quite dangerous with stock factory lighting...

Well, you never know, If there is enough complaints it might get somewhere.

If you want Ford to move, it'll take nothing less than a lawyer and a class-action suit.

I know this is an old post, but I bought fog lights and a remote switch today so I can install them behind my grill, and am going to do that tomorrow-
this is my second Mark, its a 96 without HID's, I had a 93-so I did know they were bad headlights, but it seems to me if they can be responsible for potential fire hazards related to a shorted switch for the cruise control, they should also have some responsibility for the joke of a lighting system on these cars. I also know that this is like pissing into the wind, but I filed a complaint anyway-the NTSB should at least make Ford provide some solution, rather than the home-made remedies that owners have to come up with at their cost-this is a serious safety issue, and I hate driving mine on rainy nights far from home in areas that I am unfamilar with-I drive something else when I have any doubts about what it might be like later at night, and that pisses me off. The link for the complaint form I used was on page one of this thread, and it is still there and it does work-you have to get creative with some fields (just put in a number for 'deaths')-what the hell, at least many have complained, if nothing else, it has to be considered a matter of record that this is a known problem.

Obsolete parts.
Gen 2 HID replacement bulbs are not available from the OEM.
Housings on gen 1's are replaceable but this will be filed under wear and tear, unforeseeable environmental damage.
Air suspension parts are on the maint. schedule for replacement at x number of miles.

So i would say that the only one of these complaints that could be considered legit would be the gen 2 HID bulbs.

The other stuff, slim to none, as you can fix those problems easily. (cheaply no, but easy fixes.)

that being said, i also filed! :) What the hell, it can't hurt and only took a minute.

When I got my 96' VIII I filled out this report as I had to drive with the High Beams on all the time to see at night. No one ever even flashed me so that should say how bad the output was at the time.

I did watch EBAY and picked up both HID assemblies from separate auctions with bad bulbs. I gave them to a friend at a body shop and he put some DS2 bulbs (I do believe from a Lexus) into the housings.

They work great and I replaced one bulb already once for only $20 :D

While I agree Ford really needs to supply some replacement parts I was able to fix the system for a bit over $300 all told after selling off the old Ballasts and parts.

It's pretty sad when EBAY becomes the only supplier for parts for a car that is not even an Antique :mad:

Housings on gen 1's are replaceable but this will be filed under wear and tear, unforeseeable environmental damage.

how is the chrome plating INSIDE the housings burning seen as enviromental damage or wear and tear? its a poor design with the bulb too close to the top of the housing. all that heat from the bulb literally burns the housings. i wouldnt hesitate to file the warranty claim as a defective part.

Oh i wouldn't either, im just "devils advocating." I agree it's a piss poor design, but I also know what is going to be said about it.

Since i about wiped mine out tonight in the dark due to the :q:q:q:qty lights, im investigating. I think mine aren't aimed correctly, after the car had been lowered.

The hella driving lights in my grill do make a big difference, but i need to adjust the aim outwards.

three.jpg

Members online

Back