file a complaint about your defective headlights

I actually sent a complaint months ago and never heard anything back. But I just sent in another complaint. Hopefully we can all get some HID's. Great idea turborich! Now we just need everyone else.

who knows if this will work but it is sure worth a try!!! after all driving at night can be dangerous.

Dr. Paul said:
What is defective about Mark VIII headlights?

1st generation VIII's have a problem with the headlights dulling out over the years. the reflective coating inside the parabola turns chalky and can't reflect the light it used to, which KILLS night time driveability.

The only REAL solution to this is to either buy new halogen units, or upgrade to 96 LSC HIDs.

Mike

Did a Gen II (they were replaced at Lincoln the first year of the car due to excessive yellowing of the lens) and did a second for my old Gen I.

I basically just stated poor night visibility due to sever degradation of OEM headlamp system and that this makes night driving dangerous if not impossible with out some sort of aftermarket lighting system or OEM replacements which will soon fail and cause the issue all over again.

i got my car used.. so yea. but while we are on the subject of complaining about of cars over 10 years old.. i didnt like how them Edsel's from 1958 were always breaking down. or those chevy corvairs they were unsafe as well. haha :p

Done.
You know, my Contour and Tempo both had headlight problems.

hotrodlincoln93 said:
i got my car used.. so yea. but while we are on the subject of complaining about of cars over 10 years old.. i didnt like how them Edsel's from 1958 were always breaking down. or those chevy corvairs they were unsafe as well. haha :p
Funny....
Toyota just came out with a campaign...center link on pickups and 4runners. The newest one covered is 1995.

my95mark8 said:
Done.
You know, my Contour and Tempo both had headlight problems.

My 94 -E-150 head lamps go yellow every 3 years until I finally used a Mr Clean Majic ERASER and water and they come out super nice -added some wax to protect every few months and has lasted 3 years and no sign of yellow. Easy to do becaues the lens is not crystal like our Marks and the inner reflector is still good. Funny thi sall made me check my wifes' 200 stang and sure enough they are starting to cloud- from the inside. These lamps are cheap and even come in smoke lense now to help with this issue.

Moderator! Moderator?

PLEASE for G*d's sake make this a sticky!! With enough complaints we'll get a recall!

:confused:

Re the new vs used, ANY safety recall covers ALL owners, ALL mileage.... we can get this done people!! STICKY PLEASE?

Members online

Back