EMBLEMS (custom)

An LED illuminated emblem wired to the rear trunk lights would look hot.

That looks great.

EXCELLENT!! Blacking-out the star and having the rest (or vice-versa) "glowing" would look very nice!

I say vice versa, a glowing star with blacked out surround

Agreed, a crisp white lincoln star with evenly distributed light with the regular black surround would be insane.

Then, you can get creative and do different color lights for the emblem to match your car.

Yeah maybe ill continue that mod one day.. :rolleyes:

And great work on the emblems.. You already got my order!

You get props for the Pocky sticks, but you need what we call "cave man bats", the ones with almonds!

I'll call my Japanese connect, we can barter lol

pocky.jpg

How about getting emblems for the key?? :shifty: Mine haz come off over the years.

Not very high on the priority list but we'll see. I thought it might be cool to make a piece that would make the fob a part of the key, all one piece. It might be good if done well.

Not very high on the priority list but we'll see. I thought it might be cool to make a piece that would make the fob a part of the key, all one piece. It might be good if done well.

Yeah, I have thought of the same thing. Maybe vacuum forming one.

That looks wonderful!

The LED had been done before on other cars and would look nice. I am going to DIY one for my Subaru but here is a Mitsubishi one I found.

Smart-auto-led-light-for-Mitsubishi-logo.jpg

Finaly some one is making headway with a mod like this, many give up on mods but this one is realy turning out great. I will definitley want one when they are done.

I would like to see what you are doing with the glitter paper, any progress on that version of the mold?

That looks wonderful!

The LED had been done before on other cars and would look nice. I am going to DIY one for my Subaru but here is a Mitsubishi one I found.

Smart-auto-led-light-for-Mitsubishi-logo.jpg

I like this idea but I will probably have to make the emblem thicker to be able to fit an LED behind it.

I would like to see what you are doing with the glitter paper, any progress on that version of the mold?

Not yet, I need to order more mold making stuff because I got a lot less than I thought. These first few were also my experimenting stage so once I get more materials I can do what I want to do. Oh, I also need someone that can get me a good quality picture of the Lincoln star! If anyone on here is good enough with photoshop or some other program and can make me a file with the star I would appreciate it!

You can mold indentations into the emblem that allow for room for an LED. It will take extra material to achieve the perfect light disbursement etc., though.

Ask soopa what he used for his emblem project, he had some micro LEDs that seemed to fit nice, and I bet that in combination with indentions molded into the back of the emblem, something very professional could come of it.

Just will take practice.

You can mold indentations into the emblem that allow for room for an LED. It will take extra material to achieve the perfect light disbursement etc., though.

Ask soopa what he used for his emblem project, he had some micro LEDs that seemed to fit nice, and I bet that in combination with indentions molded into the back of the emblem, something very professional could come of it.

Just will take practice.

That is what I would be doing but I also need to be able to solder the LEDs and those surface mount LEDs are sooo tiny. I think I could get it done with a 3mm flat top LED. I thought this idea may work well with the colored paper I have since I could float the star and background at different levels so the light would just emanate from behind.

@soopa
How the hell did you solder those tiny LEDs?! I've tried before with not much success.

Mmmm I dunno hah, I've worked on circuit boards and used those LEDS all the time. I just recently found these little flashlights that harbor freight gives away for free (with a coupon).. I took the whole top piece off and used the LEDS it works well. I will continue to work on the mounting of the LED behind the emblem and get back to you guys.

With LED's other than size, you would have to worry about hotspoting (or having some areas brighter than others) i think a small electroluminescent strip under the emblem would look killer, nice and even and not much thicker than a sticker. However this would have to have a transformer, and would cost more than LED.
i like the ideal of surface mount LEDs

Well if you get diffused LEDS it wouldnt hotspot as much, also I wouldnt mount the LED right behind the emblem. I would have the LED pointed like parallel to the emblem.
I have never seen a electroluminescent strip like you were saying but the thinner the better.

edit: yeah those strips are awesome, and I would think they would work great I wanna try some n get back to you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back