EMBLEMS (custom)

FALECF4

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This is going to be my thread dedicated to the emblems I am making. I will post pictures when I have emblems created because I plan on making a number of different styles. Any ideas as I go will be appreciated!

Now, besides making a replica of the stock emblem I want to be able to change up the star or be able to put lettering or anything in the emblem since I know how much most of us like to have our own little custom touch on our cars.

Here are a few different sheets of metallic, glittery paper that I found I hopefully will make some amazing looking Lincoln emblems!

DSCN0085.jpg

Cool idea. Will you be using these to make the Lincoln star, the background or both?

Could be both or either. I'm going to get one of those Cricut paper cutter so I can have a perfectly cut star every time. Tried it by hand and yeah that's not happening!

Well I get to start them this weekend so I guess I'll see how that goes. Yes, we should get together and get some pics done too!

I'd like to see the cobra/lincoln star like they had on the mark vii forums fit in an emblem

I'd like to see the cobra/lincoln star like they had on the mark vii forums fit in an emblem

I had that idea too. I even ask's geno's, I think that's his name, permission to use it. There was this guy on here who did custom decals of anything you sent him, he had a TC. He said he would work on it but never got back to me. That was over the summer last year.

Pic's I sent him to he could see what I was thinking

rmblem010.jpg

Narrowed it and made it a little taller with photoshop

decal.jpg

decal1.jpg

I think the OEM emblems have the Lincoln star beveled into the plastic, not just a graphic under it.

Yeah, while I already have the Cobrastars on my LS, I think it still needs some of the regular Lincoln stars on it - kind of like what Ford does with the Cobra version of the Mustang. The Cobras are on the side, and you still see the horse emblem in the grill (for most models) etc.

I already have the snake and LS embroidered into my custom mats. I'm looking into making some adhesive graphics that can be applied over the airbag warning labels on the sun visors.

Another thing I wanted to do was put a Cobrastar on the dash trim piece above the glove box, but it ended up being too tall. If I could find a way to CNC a smaller version of it, I would do it. I was gonna ask Gino about the keychain version of it see if it was smaller - and use that on the dash, but never got around to it.

The last idea I had was to paint the bezel around the gauges silver to match the electronics/climate pieces, and then put a small cobrastar graphic (the wife is a Graphics Designer) in between the speedo and tach gauges at the top. However, I'm not willing to cut apart the cluster assembly to do so.

I've already taken quite a bit of ribbing for running the car with the Cobrastars, but I'm stickin' to my guns in trying to make the LS look like a special version that could have been ordered. Even though I don't have the legit horsepower under the hood, several people have stopped and asked me if my LS was a rare option due to the badging.

Just part of my making the LS my own. I'll take all the ribbing and still be happy with what I've done.

Tru - I'm not selling any snake oil here

I think the OEM emblems have the Lincoln star beveled into the plastic, not just a graphic under it.

Yes they do and this is the one I will be making a copy of but I will also be doing ones with embedded stars and what not.

However, I'm not willing to cut apart the cluster assembly to do so.

You dont need to cut the cluster apart to get to the gauge overlay. The cluster surround and clear fron cover are attached together.

See the clear platic and the black "surround", you can't unscrew it off like the rest of the cluster assembly, but you can cut with a dremel like a headlight and bond back together.

DSCN0105.jpg

I know what I'm doing tonight after work! Also here are a few pics of the Linc star I cut out by hand with an exacto knife. It's pretty crappy so I will be getting one of those Cricut cutters which is a machine that will cut out any shape I program into it for perfect pieces every time.

DSCN0092.jpg

DSCN0090.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0091.jpg

I'll take the one you made my hand, it will be the only one of it's kind :shifty:

I'm excited forth eresults on this! Can't wait to see your work

Interesting.... What are you going to use as the mold? Like playdoh or something?

What about a low wattage/accent light behind the star? That would look good at night on the grille.

What about a low wattage/accent light behind the star? That would look good at night on the grille.

That would be cool... Maybe if the lincoln star on the emblem Alax made with the cobra lit up.

I had that idea too. I even ask's geno's, I think that's his name, permission to use it. There was this guy on here who did custom decals of anything you sent him, he had a TC. He said he would work on it but never got back to me. That was over the summer last year.

Yeah Alax, that's what I was thinking

Members online

No members online now.
Back