Ed Hall Jr?

Right on the Mark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I had to do it. I think Ed is the one that got bashed for "sliming" bags??? Went to load up Red and heard hiss by drivers tire. Made this adapter to fill bag super easy.
001_zps7c3aedda.jpg

Here I pumped in 14oz and then rolled strut around all different ways to coat inside of bag.
002_zpse1231cf7.jpg

Car is staying "up".

There were a couple other members that finally admitted to doing it too. :)

I think the problem with Ed doing it is that he was supposedly towing stuff with gooped bags.

Was a thought when my rear bags on my '96 where going down over night but they are so cheap on Ebay I just bought some.

If I had front problems I may have gone this route:confused:

Friend of mine scored a twin turbo Audi? CHEAP that needed bags. He slimed them and been driving it ever since.

I had to do it. I think Ed is the one that got bashed for "sliming" bags??? Went to load up Red and heard hiss by drivers tire. Made this adapter to fill bag super easy.
001_zps7c3aedda.jpg

Here I pumped in 14oz and then rolled strut around all different ways to coat inside of bag.
002_zpse1231cf7.jpg

Car is staying "up".

Yep. A couple of us have done it. Including me. I slimed the front bags on the '97 and drove it for a few months like that until I could afford new air shocks. That is a really neat setup you got there. I like it. Just make sure you don't get that stuff in the solenoids or lines. Once it's in the springs, there's not possible way it can get into the lines unless the car is turned upside down. But remember it's just a band-aid, not a repair. :)

this is fine, as long as you don't push it so far that the deteriorating rubber explodes/splits/cracks/whatever. then you got real problems!

Ya, 94m5 admitted to it then a bunch of is began to admit that we had done it too.

On my '95, I got stuck on the road with one front bag dead. I used the grommet from the throttle cable thru the firewall and vacuum hose and set it up like an IV bag used in the hospital. Worked for 700 miles. Within 20 minutes of getting home, it let loose. What a mess. For $20, however, it did the job.

personally, i would use this only as a last resort to get home/garage etc.

I would never feel comfortable driving daily knowing the bags are leaking and need sealer to stay up.

who knows, it may last for 10 years, but damn, i think coil springs ride fine with the right dampers and springs

just my opinion, and i dont judge anyone here for using this fix.

personally, i would use this only as a last resort to get home/garage etc.

I would never feel comfortable driving daily knowing the bags are leaking and need sealer to stay up.

who knows, it may last for 10 years, but damn, i think coil springs ride fine with the right dampers and springs

just my opinion, and i dont judge anyone here for using this fix.

I will be looking for a used replacement for sure. I shot myself in the foot I sold the good one out of my parts car. I should of had that in stock. Dooohhh

Glad to see others follow my example. So far, so good even with the towing.

The problem with Ed is hes a general dumb ass. It was far more than just sliming bags.

Now I understand in a pinch that you would need to use it. Im fine with that. Its using it as a permanent temporary fix that I take issue with. But that's just me. I feel to "fix" something you need to actually fix it and not just put a bandaid on it and call it good.

Right on the Mark, I would never group you in with Ed. You have done a lot for the hobby, shown people how to make their Marks better for cheap and have shown yourself to be a knowledgeable and helpful person. I have respect for members like you.

Not defending Slime in Air Bags but when I get a flat I have slimed the tire. That or plugged it and that was a permanent fix till the tire was worn enough to need to be replaced.

Not defending Slime in Air Bags but when I get a flat I have slimed the tire. That or plugged it and that was a permanent fix till the tire was worn enough to need to be replaced.

I have always wondered what PSI the bags run in our cars? Tires have steel belts in them and are thick as heck. That stops blowouts, unlike thin air susp bag.

I have always wondered what PSI the bags run in our cars? Tires have steel belts in them and are thick as heck. That stops blowouts, unlike thin air susp bag.

i know the Mark 7's air suspension needed between 105 to 125 psi for normal ride height.

I would think the Mark 8 system is just about the same psi

Members online

No members online now.
Back