Continental is faster than an LS

oh man I wake up and he decides to show his face.... ::yawn::, I think I'll wake up and make some coffee before I get into deliberations

for starters, whats a 0-60 on a stock lincoln LS again?

6.10 or something like that?

::snicker::

decide to show my face ? i was on here last night too smart-one

0-60 quote from edmunds
The Lincoln LS V8 came with a 252-horsepower, 3.9-liter engine that moved the sedan from zero to 60 in 7.5 seconds. (that was the 03)

the 05's 0-60 is in the low 6sec range while yours did it in 7.04

Isn't that faster than a stock LS? According to Modern Racer (credible???) it's a 6.5, I think that's about what I measured mine to be as well when stock.

http://www.modernracer.com/lincolnlsv8.html

lol it was sarcasm... this kid in convinced the continental is a 6 second beast

ridin dirty dawg!

it actuality it's more like a solid 7 second 0-60 or worse

decide to show my face ? i was on here last night too smart-one

0-60 quote from edmunds
The Lincoln LS V8 came with a 252-horsepower, 3.9-liter engine that moved the sedan from zero to 60 in 7.5 seconds. (that was the 03)

the 05's 0-60 is in the low 6sec range while yours did it in 7.04

[edit..I warned about personal attacks]...... the 03+ had VVT with 280BHP and went 0-60 in 6.5 seconds (estimated but perfectly acheivable when shifting with SST)

something a continental couldn't dream of clocking bone stock... but then again, I don't even care about 0-60... I care about 1,320 feet

again, goes to show how much you know

Last edited by a moderator:
[edit]
.... the 03+ had VVT with 280BHP and went 0-60 in 6.5 seconds

something a continental couldn't dream of clocking bone stock... but then again, I don't even care about 0-60... I care about 1,320 feet

again, goes to show how much you know

1,320 feet? wow you must have learned a lot from that DVD on your youtube.
and I'M a dumbass? those 0-60 times were from edmunds and AOL autos.
so your saying that there the dumbass;)

Last edited by a moderator:
1,320 feet? wow you must have learned a lot from that DVD on your youtube.
and I'M a dumbass? those 0-60 times were from edmunds and AOL autos.
so your saying that there the dumbass;)

no, I learned alot from math class in middle school... and for you to even beleive something that says a gen 2 has gen 1 specs... it shows you don't know much about what you are talking about

magazines tell you that LS1 camaro's and trans-am's have 320BHP too... would you beleive that?

of course you would, but in actuality they put down just as much as the C5 corvette... they are just under rated from the factory so their sportscar flagship wasn't infringed on performancewise (on paper at least)

so does it say it puts down 320BHP? yeah... is it my own fault if I beleive it? lol sure is

same situation

the fact you need to quote magazines just shows your inferiority with cars.... (magazine racers have no place in an automotive forum)

kinda like internet racing lol

no, I learned alot from math class in middle school... and for you to even beleive something that says a gen 2 has gen 1 specs goes to show you don't know much about what you are talking about

magazines tell you that LS1 camaro's and trans-am's have 320BHP too... would you beleive that?

of course you would, but in actuality they put down just as much as the C5 corvette... they are just under rated from the factory so their sportscar flagship wasn't infringed on performancewise (on paper at least)

so does it say it puts down 320BHP? yeah... is it my own fault if I beleive it? lol sure is

same situation

the fact you need to quote magazines just shows your inferiority with cars.... (magazine racers have no place in an automotive forum)

kinda like internet racing lol

the funny part is you THINK you know anything and everything
about cars.

the funny part is you KNOW you know alot
about cars, but it's alot more than myself

fixed ;)

I never claimed I knew everything... that is the impression you are getting because you know nothing, I have ALOT more to learn beleive it or not...

I'm only at the ripe age of 21 and the difference between you and me is I DON'T think I know everything and keep an open mind, but I do speak about things I do know... when I don't know the topic? I sit back and learn... something you need to start doing I must confess

fixed ;)

I never claimed I knew ANYthing... that is the impression you are getting because i know nothing, I have ALOT more to learn beleive it or not...

I'm only at the ripe age of 12 and the difference between you and me is I think I know everything and keep an closed mind, but I do speak about things I don't know... when I don't know the topic? I sit back and learn... something i need to start doing more often

thats fixed

and you get mad because I call you a kid ;)

have you ever flash tuned a ford GT and helped to replace the snout on one?

how about fitting one with a 3.3L whipple?

I have

ooooo WOW i've swaped engine's in a old 1500 chevy for one that was bored over

bored over to what?

and why would you need to swap a 1500 engine to a bored over one? seems like alot of work when all you would need to do is remove the heads, mill them and put them back in the original engine

and why would someone waste the money to bore/stroke a 1500?

the OHC design in it would make it completely useless.... if someone was swapping engines from a 1500 it would do them well to swap in an OHV pushrod coupled to a T56

bored over to what?

and why would you need to swap a 1500 engine to a bored over one? seems like alot of work when all you would need to do is remove the heads, mill them and put them back in the original engine

the old one was just a piece of sh** that needed a lot of work, so the only other one i had was given to me that was used by somebody that bored it over not me.

and for future insight, a chevy 1500 is a truck type, not an engine type

for instance a chevrolet silverado 1500 is powered by a 5.3L vortec... not sure the specs on it, but I'm sure that when someone is in the garage with the shortblock layed out they don't call it a 1500

and for future insight, a chevy 1500 is a truck type, not an engine type

for instance a chevrolet silverado 1500 is powered by a 5.3L vortec... not sure the specs on it, but I'm sure that when someone is in the garage with the shortblock layed out they don't call it a 1500

it was a small block 350 i thought you knew that

On a normal take off the conti probably does take around 7 seconds to get to 60. All BS aside on a good launch I can hit 60 in 6.5. It's hard to do but it can be done. I figure we could run 4 or 5 times. Normal start off the line, launch off the line, then a 20 and 60 roll or something.

it was a small block 350 i thought you knew that

funny, GM has a number system when dealing with engines

for instance

2200 = 2.2L 4 banger

4300 = 4.3L V6

I'm curious to know how a "1500 engine" something that doesn't exsist in engine terms is a 5.7L 350CI engine

and you still have yet to answer me on what it what bored out to

and you still diddn't tell me how long it took or how you got it in

On a normal take off the conti probably does take around 7 seconds to get to 60. All BS aside on a good launch I can hit 60 in 6.5. It's hard to do but it can be done. I figure we could run 4 or 5 times. Normal start off the line, launch off the line, then a 20 and 60 roll or something.

sounds perfect, what time is good for you?

30 roll would be good

Members online

Back