Continental is faster than an LS

Morbid Intentions

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
yeah, so uhhh

a bunch of toolbag little kids thinking they have super fast cars (2001 lincoln continental) decided to claim that the continental is faster and swears by it

disregarding the fact that the LS has more BHP, more torque, less weight, better suspension and is RWD with a higher final drive ratio I might add

the only reason I'm posting this here is because I've owned both cars and I know what both are capable of, and they all claim to be from this site.... just letting you guys know there are kids out there making this site look like trash with their self proclaimed automotive knowlege

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Kgs_JUlZ4

disregarding the fact that the LS has more BHP, more torque, less weight, better suspension and is RWD with a higher final drive ratio I might add

I didn't know the continental was FWD, glad i only looked at them in passing when i was shopping for a new car.

yeah the town car was the RWD version of the continental.... these kids claim that they are from this site and that they know everything there is to know about cars

clearly they do not if they think the LS is slower than a continental... after driving both cars for more than a year the acceleration difference between the two is obscenely tipped in the LS's favor

No kidding??? That's right over by where I play army... (selfridge)

What LS do you have? I'll keep an eye out when I'm cruisin through the area.

Mine is an 03 sport, black, 15% tint on the windows, lowered... factory wheels in the winter, Zyoxx chrome 18's in the summer. Persian Gulf Vet plate.

yeah the town car was the RWD version of the continental....

Actually, The Continental was based on the Taurus (FWD) platform. The Town Car is based on the RWD Panther platform (same as the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis).
These are 2 totally different and unrelated platforms.

Actually, The Continental was based on the Taurus (FWD) platform. The Town Car is based on the RWD Panther platform (same as the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis).
These are 2 totally different and unrelated platforms.

Wow, I just realized your in Marietta, Georgia. I live in Cartersville, Georgia 45 minutes north on 75. I go there all the time though to deliver contracts for my work.

Mine is an 03 sport, black, 15% tint on the windows, lowered... factory wheels in the winter, Zyoxx chrome 18's in the summer. Persian Gulf Vet plate.

it's a Gold 2005 3.9L

but once late april hits be on the lookout for a very loud 2005 GTO, the old goat hates this snow right now lol

and to the other guy, I know the town car and the continental are based on two different platforms, I was just making a lincoln based statement to group the lineup together... regardless of platform if you sit back and look at lincolns lineup from back then a continental was a FWD version of the town car

Wow, I just realized your in Marietta, Georgia. I live in Cartersville, Georgia 45 minutes north on 75. I go there all the time though to deliver contracts for my work.

Cool. I lived off Cassville White Road when I first got out of College... Used to work at Shaw in Dalton and commuted each day..

that's a stupid way to compare two cars. a video of both being paused and not having all the details and all the variables into consideration is not accurate.

I think the best part is that he believes comparing two videos on YouTube is the same as racing.

Should have just said that. I've go by their alot. I thought you were that guy that lives under the walk over bridge.

Cool. I lived off Cassville White Road when I first got out of College... Used to work at Shaw in Dalton and commuted each day..

Yeah, I actually used to live off that road to on MacJohnson Road which is pretty much ghetto now. I work on highway 20 now though.
But, do ya ever take that M5 out on the weekends? I don't know if ya ever have took it out to Barett Parkway or anywhere like that. I have noticed though A LOT of people that drive bmw's on forums seem to be in or near Atlanta.

Was all that info necessary? You couldn't of just said "oh hey dude, I have an 03 LS and its black" guess not.

Was all that info necessary? You couldn't of just said "oh hey dude, I have an 03 LS and its black" guess not.

Are you serious? A black 03 LS is fairly common and he's trying to describe it better so morbid can keep an eye out for it, maybe....possibly.

Was that a serious question, are you really purposely being a smartass or just trying to be funny?

Are you serious? A black 03 LS is fairly common and he's trying to describe it better so morbid can keep an eye out for it, maybe....possibly.

Was that a serious question?

Yes, I am serious. Its like dropping names here and there. The IQ level on this board is getting rather low.

Members online

No members online now.
Back