Continental is faster than an LS

funny, GM has a number system when dealing with engines

for instance

2200 = 2.2L 4 banger

4300 = 4.3L V6

I'm curious to know how a "1500 engine" something that doesn't exsist in engine terms is a 5.7L 350CI engine

and you still have yet to answer me on what it what bored out to

and you still diddn't tell me how long it took or how you got it in

i never said it was a 1500 engine i said that it was a 1500 truck.
i dont know what it was bored out to cuz i diddent ask the guy.
it took me about a month (working on weekend's ,slowly)
and the vortec 4200 4.2l inline 6 275hp, wait thats only 5 less hp than your
v8????

i never said it was a 1500 engine i said that it was a 1500 truck.
i dont know what it was bored out to cuz i diddent ask the guy.
it took me about a month (working on weekend's ,slowly)
v8????

oh alright, the guy bored it out and then sent it to you via UPS for you to spend a month on

and very perspective of you, you can read magazines.... same as your V8 as well :D

difference? you are using more displacement to push the same BHP... my engine is using less displacement to push more.... henceforth a better engine :D

again, still waiting on the juicy details about this awesome swap

I'm thinkin sometime around noon.

so 12 noon at terry's terrace... and yeah, my camera is charging too

someone migght have to ride shotgun with me and hold the cam so I can SST my way through the gears during a couple races

that will give the conti a good handicap too

so 12 noon at terry's terrace... and yeah, my camera is charging too

someone migght have to ride shotgun with me and hold the cam so I can SST my way through the gears during a couple races

that will give the conti a good handicap too

Yeah that's cool with me.

oh alright, the guy bored it out and then sent it to you via UPS for you to spend a month on

and very perspective of you, you can read magazines.... same as your V8 as well :D

difference? you are using more displacement to push the same BHP... my engine is using less displacement to push more.... henceforth a better engine :D

again, still waiting on the juicy details about this awesome swap

ups? i picked it up locally
why do you want to hear about the swap so bad?
it's just a basic engine swap no big deal
i wasn't comparing engines an old 350 vs a modern v8?
wow nice comparison
more displacement make's more bhp, 9/10 times

v8????

wasn't comparing engines huh?

and I guess that's an old V8 now too right?

lol

and a 16 year old is not doing an engine swap... at least not one as bright as you

and from your genious video's you don't even own a garage let alone a cherry picker

what did you do yell like a caveman pick it up and throw it at your engine bay?

and you have yet to tell me what driveline you went with, the stock trannys let go even with the original engine

an engine swap is a complicated thing.... theres nothing simple about it, if one thing doesn't go wrong, 800 things do... I should know, I've done about 5 now

wasn't comparing engines huh?

and I guess that's an old V8 now too right?

lol

and a 16 year old is not doing an engine swap... at least not one as bright as you

and from your genious video's you don't even own a garage let alone a cherry picker

what did you do yell like a caveman pick it up and throw it at your engine bay?

and you have yet to tell me what driveline you went with, the stock trannies let go even with the original engine

an engine swap is a complicated thing.... theres nothing simple about it, if one thing doesn't go wrong, 800 things do... I should know, I've done about 5 now

you just like to start :q:q:q:q.
it was a old truck that needed a motor
so we got one. YAY end of story

you just like to start :q:q:q:q.
it was a old truck that needed a motor
so we got one. YAY end of story

but I thought you said you bored it out?

why would you be worried about performance heads if it was just an old truck that needed a motor?

also what shortblock did you go with to fit the cylinder head size?

because old beatup trucks need 2-3 grand in a rotating assembly to fit the increased diameter of the cylinder heads lol

i diddent say i was

old beatup truck that just needs to run
+
headwork
+
shortblock
+
no cam to improve that extra lung
+
no dimensions on what it was bored to
+
350CI engine still being 350CI after the engine is taken apart

= total BS

all you are doing is avoiding my questions because you are scared you are going to say something wrong... if you actually did do an engine swap YOU would be tellin ME how it's done and just what you did to this truck... but for some reason you are on the defense and I'm playing offense

why?

but I thought you said you bored it out?

why would you be worried about performance heads if it was just an old truck that needed a motor?

also what shortblock did you go with to fit the cylinder head size?

because old beatup trucks need 2-3 grand in a rotating assembly to fit the increased diameter of the cylinder heads lol

when i got the motor it wasn't just the block it had pretty much everything assembled

+
headwork
+
shortblock
+
+
+

= total BS

ok since you were there and you would know
[edit]

when i got the motor it wasn't just the block it had pretty much everything assembled

so someone assembled an engine and then you pulled up, put this thing on your shoulder and put it in the trunk of your conti and took it home because whoever assembled it from the ground up diddn't have the capability of dropping an engine

lol yeah, ok

so someone assembled an engine and then you pulled up, put this thing on your shoulder and put it in the trunk of your conti and took it home because whoever assembled it from the ground up diddn't have the capability of dropping an engine

lol yeah, ok

yep thats just how it went:rolleyes:

+
headwork
+
shortblock
+
+
+

= total BS

all you are doing is avoiding my questions because you are scared you are going to say something wrong... if you actually did do an engine swap YOU would be tellin ME how it's done and just what you did to this truck... but for some reason you are on the defense and I'm playing offense

why?

cuz i dont have to waste my time explaining myself to you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back