chickens newest project

98LSC32V said:
the only other thing I notice is the stock 4.6 dohc harmonic damper... looks a little too rusty?
too rusty? have you looked at these things hell that eng only has 60k on it i think the damper looks new:)

98LSC32V said:
The painted valve covers look really clean, the only other thing I notice is the stock 4.6 dohc harmonic damper... looks a little too rusty?

Thats the midwest for ya! Alot of moisture in the air making surface rust like that. A little steel wool and oil, the balancer would be good as new.

spent a couple hours tonight "re-looming" the eng harness, its has been fun, on the t bird setup the harness runs to the middle of the intake manifold then branches out all over the engine from there, so i had to rewire all the power feeds for the injectors (the power is constant and the ground switches the injector on and off so the power side was a 9 wire splice dead center of the intake)so i made it so it would splice at the rear of the eng not a big ball of crap just sitting on top of the intake yipiee!!! i got most of it done im gonna route the crank poss sensor down the driverside and under the front of the eng and around due to the cam poss sensor and the crank poss sensor are both "shielded" (wrapped in foil so there is no electromagnetic noise so to say) and they each have 3 wires each sensor (2 for the sensor and 1 bare one for the shield to ground on) so theres 6 wires, not too bad but they are braided all the way back to the firewall bulkhead, and there is plenty of wire if you un loom it from the coil pack harness and everything else on the pass side and run it over to the driver side.
midwestbird is going paint crazy (now hes gonna walk out into the shop and point at me lol) but not just painting the eng etc but with trying to get the damn eng bay painted lol
im gonna take pics tommorrow but i wont be able to post till some time on sunday hopefully the batteries dont die

I got you all beat with your little diesels! I get to drive a 515hp Detroit all day, everday that has no top end!:D :D

your oil pan has a tumor!!!!

regarding the diesels......im not looking foward to the day the 6.4s get released.

come on ford cant figure out a single turbo diesel so a twin turbo would definitely be better right?
hahaha cant wait for marc to start bitchin at work lol #$@$%#^%$^&%*&%%$%$#$%^%^&&*^%#%$@#$%#%%^&$#$%@#@^%^&%^&$^%*&%@#$@#$#@$#^&*&!@#$%^*((&(*^$$##%%(*&_)(*^&$$@#(^*_*+*()*&%#$%@$$#$%^%$@&&^%^&$%#&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome to wiring hell

not too bad really it looks worse than it is, just had to re-splice 13 wires so far and a lot of untangeling, just lots of labeling, and dont worry these pics are just the temp set up, im just figuring wire length and taping it with masking tape then i will remove the harness from the eng and wrap it in tape im sure vr4 has some of it lying around too (from the ficm harness recall on the 6.0) then cover it all with convoluted (sp?) tubing and make it all purdy
pic 1 : d.s. loom
pic 2: mess back neer throttle body
pic 3: braided hell, crank poss sensor and cam poss sensor wires
pic 4: new routing of crank poss sensor down d.s. and across bottom and up
pic 4: pass side injector power feed splice (no more 9 wire knot in center of intake)
pic 5: driver side injector power feed splice
pic 6: new iac (i dont wanna mess with this after the engine is installed)
pic 7: new solid rubber motor mounts
pic 8: just another pic of the front notice the spaghetti

web size erics new eng 23.jpg

web size erics new eng 24.jpg

web size erics new eng 25.jpg

web size erics new eng 26.jpg

web size erics new eng 27.jpg

web size erics new eng 28.jpg

web size erics new eng 29.jpg

web size erics new eng 30.jpg

web size erics new eng 31.jpg

no its not jiffy pop, or a pot pie............lol
just covering the veh wire harnesses and our body guy says foil works good so we are gonna try it, but so far it goes on easy just wrap it around whatever and squeeze and it stays no tape, no bs, and it "should" be in the booth around 1 tomorrow and we are just painting the eng bay now just because the eng is out the body will be painted later unless you like peeling clear coat than its the paint job for you and the last pic is "fun with wiring"!!!!

web size erics new eng 32.jpg

web size erics new eng 33.jpg

web size erics new eng 34.jpg

web size erics new eng 35.jpg

web size erics new eng 36.jpg

web size erics new eng 37.jpg

I want to know when the Chicken bobblehead is coming out. You are having way too much fun mister.:waving:

At least he's not wearing a tin foil hat to protect himself from a big brother brain scan. Did I just say that?

cavemansmarkviii said:
At least he's not wearing a tin foil hat to protect himself from a big brother brain scan. Did I just say that?

That's been implanted a long time ago.. I think they used Crunch Bar Wrappes to do it.

torquemonkey said:
This gives new meaning to the term "Chicken wire".

-OR-
AAAaarrrg! Its after me!

:cool:

You Mean Chicken's Wired..... Dude!!:p

pepperman said:
It's the merging of man and machine.

I'll Be Back!!:shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back