Ben's LS

Dayum! ... that's great Ben, thanks for sharing. Best vid ever!

Although, I'm supposed to avoid that kind of food, I gotta run into town today for some errands and I'm going to have to get a Dayum good burger today somewhere!

oh PS: I'm not obese/fat or anything, just supposed to eat healthier these days but "quality of life" warrants a good ol greasy burger in moderation.

I can relate to eat healther BigRigLS. Open heart surgery, 4 artery replacements, 2 stents, 15 by-passes installed last 3 yrs. Been 5' 10" & 182 lbs last 43 yrs. Wife big on healthy diet stuff. Got bone & blood cancer now, be gone by Dec DR & hope. Can't keep a good man down! Got my big rig '36 Ford 1 ton running this week end, 1st time original engine fired off in 41 years. Redoing wood doghouse frame now & dash. Stake bed delivery all original. Got to get aftermarket radiator, original shot, but surround repairable. Going to be summer parade truck only with beer kegs strapped down on stake bed. Going to make my own out of teak with metal bands. Might install a stainless steel keg cooler in middle for real beer keg spout out the side for summer parties, surrounded by wooden kegs. Old time OTR hauler!

You CAN eat healthier without sacrificing taste. Simple things like substituting turkey for beef (Turkey burger, turkey bacon, etc.) And if you grill it you would barely even notice the difference in taste. I don't eat or drink anything diet (im 190 lbs) but I do eat solely healthy. Healthy cereal or egg whites, salads with tons of chicken in em, turkey burgers, etc. I know people are probably gonna be like "IT DOESN'T TASTE THE SAME, ETC." But I honestly prefer the turkey substitutes and all in both taste and quality.

I can relate to eat healther BigRigLS. Open heart surgery, 4 artery replacements, 2 stents, 15 by-passes installed last 3 yrs. Been 5' 10" & 182 lbs last 43 yrs. Wife big on healthy diet stuff. Got bone & blood cancer now, be gone by Dec DR & hope. Can't keep a good man down! ... Old time OTR hauler!

Ugh ... Bless your health my Brother ... all the best, stay strong ... I'll count the mile markers for ya!

You CAN eat healthier without sacrificing taste. Simple things like substituting turkey for beef (Turkey burger, turkey bacon, etc.) And if you grill it you would barely even notice the difference in taste. I don't eat or drink anything diet (im 190 lbs) but I do eat solely healthy. Healthy cereal or egg whites, salads with tons of chicken in em, turkey burgers, etc. I know people are probably gonna be like "IT DOESN'T TASTE THE SAME, ETC." But I honestly prefer the turkey substitutes and all in both taste and quality.

True that, I've had to make a whole diet change as well, real big on Oatmeal with berry breakfasts now and simply don't eat anything fried, I do allow one cheat day per week, either pizza or a burger. Wife's got me on the salads and greens and a lot of other healthier options. One thing I will add to your comments is that us truck drivers need to stay away from anything turkey. You see, turkey makes you tired and we need to stay alert being behind the wheel some 10hrs per day. Mind you, I have to get back to work full time soon.

oh and back to Ben's LS ... sorry Ben!

One thing I will add to your comments is that us truck drivers need to stay away from anything turkey. You see, turkey makes you tired and we need to stay alert being behind the wheel some 10hrs per day. Mind you, I have to get back to work full time soon.

That turkey stuff is a common misconception. The amount of turkey you'd have to eat for triptophan to actually affect you would be astronomical.

Big meals with any food containing tryptophan can cause sleepiness. Nothing a 30 minute cat nap won't fix.

Just ordered some rear suspension parts, Jag aluminum T-stat housing, and a new door check for my broken driver side.

... and a new door check for my broken driver side.

Ha! funny, that was the very first thing I repaired on mine when I got it (like that)(same side).

Through the speaker Ben, inside of door. GL w/ repair. (easy)

Thanks for the tip BigRig. Got the door check today and already put it in. The door is so quiet now.

^ i hope not.

Looks awesome Ben! can we get a similar shot with the front wheels turned a bit?

Not the best picture, but here ya go dude

001.jpg

Just keep adding to my collection.

The to do list gets bigger every day.

007.jpg

DCCV, jag t-stat housing, t-stat, Moog end links, and rear upper control arms. Also in the picture are my caliper paint, decals, and manoli emblems.

I also have plans for lower control arms and degas bottle soon.

Not pictured are my lse skirts and mclaren grille. That's all I have in the works at the moment.

Are the decals for the calipers? Got a link for them?

Yup they are for the calipers.

I got them off ebay a few months ago from a seller called vistadesigns. I can't seem to find them on there anymore.

I had them custom made so I'm sure any decal place could do it for you.

Last edited:
Swapped out the driver side window regulator today. The wires are all frayed on the old one. I heard a loud crack then it would crunch when I used the window til it finally gave out.

I ordered the regulator from RockAuto 2 days ago and it came in today. I'm always impressed with them.

003.jpg

Serious pile of parts. Looks like you are going to be busy sir.

Are the decals for the calipers? Got a link for them?

What do you want? My decal guy can make anything. My Lincoln Star calipers.

Lincoln star brake 01.jpg

Lincoln star brake 04.jpg

Working out in the garage with the Bowflex and this is what I get to look at

003.jpg

004.jpg

Messin with plasti dip on the McLaren. Color isn't close enough for me to keep it on, so it's just for fun.

003.jpg

Yes sir. It's gonna be my winter project if I find a decent beater to drive.

Is that a full roll?

Unless you are doing just the roof, I say return it before it's too late.

The LS is too much of a b!tch to wrap in entirety.

Well I got it from Soopa for a good price so if it doesn't work out I won't be too upset about it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back