Ben's LS

Got me a winter warrior. No more road salt for the LS. Washed her up and parked her for the winter.

011.jpg

012.jpg

Can't get anything passed you guys! I still own the LS and it's safely in my garage. My truck hasn't been reliable lately and I drive pretty far for work so I bought myself a used 2012 Fusion to save on gas. I love it, but the first thing I said was "It'll never be a Lincoln."

The LS is still my number one girl.

congrats... we will be third car shopping soon (wife may take a new job 50ish miles away). looks like you made a nice choice. which engine in it?

Now remember Ben, you promised me those 1st GEN two tone tails, just saying :p

congrats... we will be third car shopping soon (wife may take a new job 50ish miles away). looks like you made a nice choice. which engine in it?

Due to the fact that I needed a car specifically just for driving long distances I went with the 4 banger. Has decent giddy up and handles pretty well. The gas savings is crazy compared to my big v8 truck. If it was for anything else I woulda went with the v6, or most likely, a different vehicle in general.

Now remember Ben, you promised me those 1st GEN two tone tails, just saying :p

Haha oh I do remember! If the day ever comes that I finally get rid of the car I will save the tails for you!

The LS can actually get good fuel economy but traffic really kills it. If it wasn't for having to get on it to keep idiots from cutting in front of me, I could get great city mpg all the time. That's why I'd rather drive in the city late at night or take the freeway even if it's a little farther. I'm still in a running argument with my lady partner about going 5 extra miles on the freeway and using less gas rather than taking the street and having to stop for 10 traffic lights. She just doesn't get it. That's just like driving a big truck on I 95 through Richmond instead of taking I 295 or I 65 through Indy instead of I 465 during peak hours. Sure, there are times when it's economical to go through the middle like eastbound I 70 to northbound I 671 to I 71 in Columbus.

The LS can actually get good fuel economy but traffic really kills it. If it wasn't for having to get on it to keep idiots from cutting in front of me, I could get great city mpg all the time. That's why I'd rather drive in the city late at night or take the freeway even if it's a little farther. I'm still in a running argument with my lady partner about going 5 extra miles on the freeway and using less gas rather than taking the street and having to stop for 10 traffic lights. She just doesn't get it. That's just like driving a big truck on I 95 through Richmond instead of taking I 295 or I 65 through Indy instead of I 465 during peak hours. Sure, there are times when it's economical to go through the middle like eastbound I 70 to northbound I 671 to I 71 in Columbus.

My girlfriend is all about going "through town" because it's "shorter." I can't stand sitting in traffic in the LS. I just wanna hit the highway and go even if it is a few extra miles, it's still quicker and you save gas. There's no sitting at stop lights.

Due to the fact that I needed a car specifically just for driving long distances I went with the 4 banger. Has decent giddy up and handles pretty well. The gas savings is crazy compared to my big v8 truck. If it was for anything else I woulda went with the v6, or most likely, a different vehicle in general.
I know that feeling! I went from commuting in an 07 Avalanche LT 4X4, to my 09 Impala LTZ that I still commute in. It was a gorgeous truck and I loved it, but I didn't like the combined 15 MPG for my commuter. The Impala does much better, high 20's. Not the same aggressive V8 roar, but it's pretty peppy and quick. My favorite commuter has to be the 04 Monte Carlo SS with the supercharged 3800 Series that I leased, man did that thing move! It was my second 3800 series, they're fantastic engines. I have to say though, that was the first and last car I'll ever lease! Long story short, I wasn't too happy about the 3 or so thousand dollars I got charged for over mileage and scratches.

Anyone have a good website of where I can find an 06 front bumper for a decent price...?

I always have my eye out on CL (how I found mine)...

to make it easier, download cPro Craigslist, you can setup notifications anytime the word "ls" (or any parameters) is listed... i think you can even set a mileage away... you'll never miss a CL LS post again...

Another way is to contact your local salvage yards and give them your name... tell them your there LS guy and help move parts..,never know.

Boy, time really flies by.

Lots been going on with life lately, but I just landed a new and much better paying job. The LS has been parked in the garage all winter. Hopefully with the increased income I can finally get back to working on it.

Selling the Gen 1 LSE skirts in the for sale section if anyone is interested. Bought them off Alax awhile back and never used them.

On another note, is anyone having rust issues? Mine is starting to show on both rear rocker panels and the under side of the car is starting to have some good rot along the pinch weld. Don't know if I wanna fix it, or if it's even possible/worth it or just try and find an 06 and forget about it.

Find an 06. I have the same issues. I could repair mine but its not worth it to me. An 06 would be easier20140619_191510.jpg

20140619_191510.jpg

I think mine might even be a little worse than yours is.

I read this entire thread in a sitting yesterday. Great car! Gives me some good inspiration for the '02 I just picked up.

not much you can do... (thats worth it) IMO... keep an eye out for a good deal, (in the southern 48 of course)!

I caved in one of my rear jack points by using a normal hydraulic jack. I bought the jack adapter from Flyin Miata that night. The only thing is the warped rust can hold the adapter in place on the car when you lower it, making it easy to forget it and lose it somewhere on the road (almost did that)

If anyone comes across a lower mileage 06 in good condition, feel free to post it on here. I'm on the lookout for one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back