Before & After, New Look with Pics

Well, since you made the decision to go back to the original bumper, I'd be more than willing to take your LSE bumper as a donation :D

Someone else on here already has the LSE bumper. We swapped front clips....headlights, header panel, grille, and bumper all swapped.

Color matched the rear surround, debadged the tails, peeled the plasti-dip from the wheels, and installed an OEM emblem on the grille.

1 coat of Silver Frost
photobucket-51132-1332466326354.jpg

Drying
photobucket-51224-1332466324317.jpg

Installed
photobucket-42241-1332511243717.jpg

photobucket-45887-1332511242200.jpg

Wheels
photobucket-48519-1332466322284.jpg

photobucket-54361-1332466324797.jpg

car looks good Jolinc.

i did like the plastidip wheels more tho. im a fan of white car/black windows (and sometimes wheels) and silver car/black window (and sometimes wheels)

is that front tire low on air?

Wow, that's a huge change!

Have you seen the nice OPAQUE Orion V2 LED angel eyes out now?

Looks as if they aren't making those for our cars just yet, if they choose to down the road I'll be surprised. From the looks of it they added more LED's making them closer together. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Car looks great Jolinc

Did a great job on the switch. Any plans for the lower grill? I think (without seeing something) that if the lower grill was either blacked out and/or replaced with a slightly smaller grid pattern it would probably look sportier or edgier still.

car looks good Jolinc.

i did like the plastidip wheels more tho. im a fan of white car/black windows (and sometimes wheels) and silver car/black window (and sometimes wheels)

is that front tire low on air?

I liked the black better too, but decided to peel it anyways. The tire isn't low, I think I was parked in a low spot.

Lookin Good!

Thanks

aftermarket key pad???

Ford keypad. They used to (may still) be on ebay. They are battery operated and, IIRC, program like a remote fob.

That's correct I bought it on ebay years ago. the battery is dead now so it's coming off.

Did a great job on the switch. Any plans for the lower grill? I think (without seeing something) that if the lower grill was either blacked out and/or replaced with a slightly smaller grid pattern it would probably look sportier or edgier still.

I also have an idea for the fogs to make it look sportier too. As of now I'm waiting for new fender liners then I'll be painting the grille and chin spoiler, polishing the lights, and installing the HIDs in the fogs.

Id like to see someone completely fill in the bumper and use a fog from a different vehicle.

Looks great Jo! Got a question for you though.. did you place the rubber gasket on the reverse lamp, and install them as a whole, or did you place it onto the surround, then install the lamp?

My gaskets on the reverse lights are more of a foam type material that is glued to the light. The gasket between the trunk lid and surround gave me the most grieve because all the little clips broke on me.

Like the new rear surround look.:cool: I really need to get a run up your way ASAP. Get you my Konigs.

Installed interior LEDs in the map and dome lights tonight. The 194's were on backorder from VLEDs, but they shipped out today. All but the center stack pic were all taken about 10 min before posting, anyways onto the pics.

No flash
photobucket-12545-1333596685866.jpg

photobucket-11369-1333596684595.jpg

photobucket-12388-1333596683936.jpg

Flash
photobucket-12546-1333596685189.jpg

photobucket-11371-1333596683364.jpg

Thanks Soopa. I believe you got a text at about 9:40 with the first pic too:shifty: lol

Looks good. I will have to put this on the list of things to do as well!

Pretty much all the backseat is good for anyways. Kids/groceries.

Color matched the rear surround .... 1 coat of Silver Frost
photobucket-51132-1332466326354.jpg

Drying
photobucket-51224-1332466324317.jpg

Hi, could you perhaps tell me, where I could get a can of this paint ?
is there a color code to match ? I also have the Silver Frost I think.

any prep work or just mask and shoot ?

thanks in advance.

@jolinc01 if you kept your gen2 headlights would the gen1 bumper fit in with the gen2 header panel & headlights?

Members online

No members online now.
Back